New vs Old Opinions of the formula changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
especially with the " its an ethics thing" with you....

you had no problem with the amounts of AP and Diacetyl previously and were content simply posting the levels. which hey, i totally agree with, transparency to the consumer is what matters and you guys were top notch in that aspect...however, i had always said, offer two version, diketone free and regular but you really had no interest back then, and i dont blame ya....

but its really funny to say the ethics in you now when you KNEW how much was in them previously... just sayin

Reactions: Kent Brooks

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
especially with the " its an ethics thing" with you....

you had no problem with the amounts of AP and Diacetyl previously and were content simply posting the levels. which hey, i totally agree with, transparency to the consumer is what matters and you guys were top notch in that aspect...however, i had always said, offer two version, diketone free and regular but you really had no interest back then, and i dont blame ya....

but its really funny to say the ethics in you now when you KNEW how much was in them previously... just sayin
The OG versions aren't inherently bad they were still well within industry standards - I still don't have a "problem" with them but my position has changed, and will probably change again. Such is life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
put me in the group not really a fan of the new Wakonda when compared to the old. like the above poster said, its not bad, but its no OG wakonda. i was going to answer him, but Kent did, its the removal of diketones. no doubt about it....the new version is essentially a watered down version of the og.... same with Custard last stand....

Kent, i must say, you do contradict yourself constantly...esepially with the "
I couldn't disagree more about your suggestion that the liquid is watered down - this is one of those cases where what is good for you, also performs and tastes better. Of course there's nostalgia, but Im the only one who has fresh bottles of both and I can tell ya, I put the best one out (it just happened to have fewer diketones than the original, also).

Reactions: mackman

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
I couldn't disagree more about your suggestion that the liquid is watered down - this is one of those cases where what is good for you, also performs and tastes better. Of course there's nostalgia, but Im the only one who has fresh bottles of both and I can tell ya, I put the best one out (it just happened to have fewer diketones than the original, also).

youre saying this is also true for the custard? no chance

also, why exactly change something that wasnt broken...and not only that, was your #1 product.

and im curious what levels are deemed acceptable. i was under the impression it was 100 ug/ml (ppm) for both AP and Diacetyl

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT

also, why exactly change something that wasnt broken...and not only that, was your #1 product.

and im curious what levels are deemed acceptable. i was under the impression it was 100 ug/ml (ppm) for both AP and Diacetyl

not sure what to make of your "like".....

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com

CLS is undoubtedly different - the new revision performed well for most and it fell flat for a few. The new recipe is definitely better than the old one - the PG/VG ratio adjustment to 30/70 improved performance on subohm equipment. Then use of our in house vanilla extract has always been the primary flavoring for CLS and that hasn't changed, save for the fact that I used double fold vanilla extract instead of single fold vanilla. (it's stronger). CLS sold sell historically and it continues to sell well - so well I can't keep up with demand for extract. People are already busting my balls because it's down, down because the $400/gallon extract is low.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com

100 ppm is a good goal, but I think "acceptable" is a moving target, one that changes based on the flavor profile your trying to achieve. Acceptable is "as low as it can be without compromising flavor" - it's relative.

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
What would you pair with Raz Cup? Maybe a mimosa?

I like a nice Tito’s vodka, soda water, and lime with my Raz Cup. The lime and raspberry together is spectacular! Also rock Tito’s and Newman’s Own Limeaid with it too. Cleaning out the kayfun 4 in anticipation for Thursday/Friday night!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I like a nice Tito’s vodka, soda water, and lime with my Raz Cup. The lime and raspberry together is spectacular! Also rock Tito’s and Newman’s Own Limeaid with it too. Cleaning out the Kayfun 4 in anticipation for Thursday/Friday night!
I can't say the name Tito without thinking about Tito Jackson, and then Eddie Murphy's Delerious where he is cracking jokes about Michael. "Tito - get me a tissue" LMAO

Lime and Raspberry - you've got my interest. It might name a solid vape, I may have to hit the lab and mess around.

Pairing Vapes with drinks is definitely a best practice. Proper hydration and oral hygiene are tops on my list of stuff I nerd about. I brush alot so I can taste.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
100 ppm is a good goal, but I think "acceptable" is a moving target, one that changes based on the flavor profile your trying to achieve. Acceptable is "as low as it can be without compromising flavor" - it's relative.

ah, i see you actually said "The OG versions aren't inherently bad they were still well within industry standards"

which is a bunch of BS lol... youre playing with words..... can you honestly say with a straight face, that the reason you are changing the profiles is NOT because of FDA regulations? you seem to imply that the changes you are making are due to actually making them "better" flavor wise. now, changing the VG/PG ratios make sense as most have moved on to sub ohming etc....but changing the actual flavors for no reason doesnt make sense when you had a proven commodity. you didnt disappear, for however long, and just come up with this realization one day that im just going to open up shop again but change everything for no reason lol, i just dont buy that.

i am pretty confident that the new batches being made conform to ECTA standards more or less which the fda is going to be coming at suppliers diketone heavy, making it even harder to conform with and more money spent to change the formula after regulations come out....staying ahead of the curve so to speak which is smart.

all that said, im not hating on the new products by any means. they are still good and i do not mean any disrespect but i feel you arent truly being honest about the reasons for one, the lay off and two, the reason for formulation changes.

what i mean by them being "watered down" is that when compared to the original versions, there is no question the flavor is muted significantly with Beatleguse being closest to the original (from what ive tried)...which makes sense since its a fruity flavor which doesnt lean on the need for diketones for its strong flavor punch.

? Strange post.

you liked it without giving any feedback to what i said....but now you have.

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
...Lime and Raspberry - you've got my interest. It might name a solid vape, I may have to hit the lab and mess around.

I think you should. We have this drink in the Northeast, not sure if it’s a regional thing or what, called the Raspberry Lime Rickey. It is sublime. Google it, or come to Boston for “research”.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I think you should. We have this drink in the Northeast, not sure if it’s a regional thing or what, called the Raspberry Lime Rickey. It is sublime. Google it, or come to Boston for “research”.
I've heard of the Raspberry Lime Rickey - research is definitely in order! Thank you for the suggestion!

Reactions: Mike Geaney

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Altered States
Altered-State.jpg

lyspaere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Wisconsin
I'm not going to approach this with an accusatory attitude. I know that I have a narrow field for my eliquid pallette, and that's ok by me. That said, I didn't try a wide variety of the offered flavors until the huge sell off. I had tried Wakonda and loved it. I bought many (for me, a DIYer) bottles of CLS and quite a few bottles of GCD. I haven't tried the new "Virus", and only had a few bottles via the firesale - which I enjoyed a lot.

Re: the new recipes, I think the changes made are significant enough to warrant new names. If Kent chooses to promote the new recipes - and it's his business (both in terms of his company and his beeswax), cool. I appreciate the transparency around his reasons, thanks for that.

But the changes to Wakonda and CLS are enough that I personally don't foresee purchasing as much. I simply don't enjoy them enough anymore. Kinda like New Coke vs Coke Classic.

Kent, I suggest a Nicotickit "Classic" line. But it's your bag man! I'm grateful for the customer service, and loved the old eliquids! Seen quite a few lines I liked come and go. Really miss a local-to-me line that had an amazing black currant liquid. Few people like black currant liquids, so I'm left with fond memories of a niche product.

Tapatalked from my Note8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread