NEW YIHI SX MINI ML CLASS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

three_sixteen

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Tempe, AZ
So I have a dumb idiot question:

I have some .3ohm aspire triton coils, 316L stainless steel coils.

I understand I need to ender a manual TCR value, but what do I set it to? I figure .00088, but I can't get the UI to settle on that.. only .00087 and .00089.

Also, is that the correct TCR value for this type of coil? Finding an explanation for these values is like finding a needle in a haystack. I'm aware of Wire wizard but have no idea how to actually use the site.

Lastly - when running with these values:
381F
75 Compensate
.00089 Manual TCR
30 Joules

The device makes a buzzing noise and I'm not getting much vapor. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
So I have a dumb idiot question:

I have some .3ohm aspire triton coils, 316L stainless steel coils.

I understand I need to ender a manual TCR value, but what do I set it to? I figure .00088, but I can't get the UI to settle on that.. only .00087 and .00089.

Also, is that the correct TCR value for this type of coil? Finding an explanation for these values is like finding a needle in a haystack. I'm aware of Wire wizard but have no idea how to actually use the site.

Lastly - when running with these values:
381F
75 Compensate
.00089 Manual TCR
30 Joules

The device makes a buzzing noise and I'm not getting much vapor. What am I doing wrong?
Here you go:

T0cBNE5.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I don't have that mod but I usually run my TC 420-450F. I think I've read others say they have heard the buzzing as well. As for the compensate setting, I'm not sure about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: three_sixteen

three_sixteen

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Tempe, AZ
Here you go:

T0cBNE5.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I don't have that mod but I usually run my TC 420-450F. I think I've read others say they have heard the buzzing as well. As for the compensate setting, I'm not sure about that.

Thanks, that's super helpful! So the compensate setting is, from what I understand, what you set your room temperature to. I think I got confused because I read something about the TCR needing to be different based on your target temperature. I don't think that's true though.

Laaaaaastly, I found this in regards to the buzzing! I guess it's normal. What's New - Re the hum/buzzing sound

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Hi all, I finally got my hands on the white SX Mini ML Class while the Q Class will probably reach my front door sometimes next week.
I'm just curious though, do I "have to" connect it to my pc and install anything "prior" to using it? Or is it factory ready?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you want to use the optional SXi-Q software you'll need a computer.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I kind of think that the SXiQ software is kind of an after thought plus you can set everything on the mod which to me is what makes the SX the best over the DNA. Considered getting a DNA200 but too much messing around for me plus I'm so used to the way the SX works it's like falling off a log when you get a new one. Oh and that .00092 works perfectly for me with SS316L perfect vape at about 425F which is just right. I'm not sure what YiHi set the TCR at for the Ti mode but it works perfectly. They sure had their problems getting it down when they first came out with support for Ti but they finally got it perfect.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I still haven't decided whether I like SS or Ti better in TC. It doesn't work worth a damn on my Joytech mods SS that is Ti works fine but have to set the TCR to 370 and even set that high I have to run them at 460F. I'm trying to decide if Ti or SS makes the boards work harder because thee is such a difference in the way they change resistance with heat applied. My juices taste about the same with either one and I haven't tried to clean one yet but I understand you can dry burn the SS.

aceman3330

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2014
Nakhonsithammarat, Thailand
I kind of think that the SXiQ software is kind of an after thought plus you can set everything on the mod which to me is what makes the SX the best over the DNA. Considered getting a DNA200 but too much messing around for me plus I'm so used to the way the SX works it's like falling off a log when you get a new one. Oh and that .00092 works perfectly for me with SS316L perfect vape at about 425F which is just right. I'm not sure what YiHi set the TCR at for the Ti mode but it works perfectly. They sure had their problems getting it down when they first came out with support for Ti but they finally got it perfect.

Thanks, I'll give that a go since most of the time I use SS316L.
Also, if anyone knows how to set for Ni200?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I installed the newSXi-Q and I can't remember how when you go to custom to get it to pull up all the different things that are installed I just get the big one with the SX mini in it seems like I used to get a bunch of smaller ones below that. The other thing I am in configure mode 3 and it shows m5 on my screen can't figure that one out either. I havent configured any but it says I am in Configure mode 3 when I go through the menu and everything is working right. I upgraded my firmware and that all went well but it is just weird.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I kind of think that the SXiQ software is kind of an after thought plus you can set everything on the mod which to me is what makes the SX the best over the DNA. Considered getting a DNA200 but too much messing around for me plus I'm so used to the way the SX works it's like falling off a log when you get a new one.

Just a small side trip, then back to the thread topic.
I was a Yihi user for many mods. Still like them, I own many M and ML class units.
I wanted a dual 18650 mod and looked at the Q, but decided on an HCigar VT133. DNA200 chip with 2 18650s.
I had it up and running great with SS430 in mere minutes.
You can change things from the mod now, but with 8 profiles to use, I don't have to go through menus like the Yihi mods. Just pick the profile from the mod directly. Really nice.

I love it for the $80 I paid for it. In fact, I have 3 of them now and won't be ordering the Q.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming...

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Just a small side trip, then back to the thread topic.
I was a Yihi user for many mods. Still like them, I own many M and ML class units.
I wanted a dual 18650 mod and looked at the Q, but decided on an HCigar VT133. DNA200 chip with 2 18650s.
I had it up and running great with SS430 in mere minutes.
You can change things from the mod now, but with 8 profiles to use, I don't have to go through menus like the Yihi mods. Just pick the profile from the mod directly. Really nice.

I love it for the $80 I paid for it. In fact, I have 3 of them now and won't be ordering the Q.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming...

LOL..... you are a brave soul.....saying something nice about a DNA in a Yihi thread....I am amazed at how many times a DNA is mentioned in this, and other Yihi threads by the Yihi crowd... the BEST device IS the one that trips your trigger.... :thumbs: I had a ML after using DNA's and it didn't trip my trigger. It found a new home and it tripped the trigger there.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread