New Z2 490 Carto Hybrid..issue I've been having- anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatrixTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
New Z2 490 Carto Hybrid..

Seem to be an issue with the switch, (possibility something else) And the issue was there, even before I added a 2nd washer for the switch throw, also seems when activating the switch it I start gettin a drag and after 3-4 sec it fades out to nothing.(voltage) And I've tried several different 490 batts both new a old..flat vs, nipple an nothing seems to make a diiference..kinda hit and miss and gosh darn it I'm gonna figure this out...:{ The top 24k connector doesn't seemed to be completly centered and even but seems to be making good connection..time to get out the meter..maybe it the LR Boges but when I run them on my regulated devices they are fine and also on my other mechs. So I thought maybe a bad batch of cartos but that seems to be out of of question at this point, maybe I'll kick it with a 350 batt and/or a lesser ohm carto but that should work fine either way, I still feel there is a connection issue in the switch or something in the cap and the switch are not makine constant connection the whole time the firing button id being pressed. Time to get the meters outs. -Sorry for the ramble..

So basically:

Starts our with a voltage ok but dies out and fades out within 3-4 sec of the drag..
Pullinh hair out!!!!

Keep ya updated..No issues with flooding.

Last edited:

MatrixTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Keep us updated thats really odd seeing as its fully mechanical.

My sediments exactly!! It seem to get a better connection and drag when pressing the button more on the side, (rather then pressing striaght on, but from what I hear there may be something in the works about this that involves an oring for fixing..but this is just hearsay..

You would think the 24k screw in the bottom switch would be better to make more batt contact if it was flat headed..instead of with the rounded bevel head, but I' sure there are reasons for that, that are unkown to me.. ;) lol

Last edited:

Nocam

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
USA
this is happening from time to time for me too. you can tell the connection isnt being made because the carto stops sizzlin and you get a drag of air. i noticed that the pressure you push the button with has a lot to do with it. just like you said, since the bottom screw is rounded theres only a small surface area touching the battery to make the connection. you basically have to keep a strong pressure on the button as you take your vape, if your hand muscles give out slowly so will the current.

MatrixTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The 2 above comments make complete sense, I hope they offer a flat head screw as replacement...or atleast something to rectify the issue
:( Or I'm returning it.. :(

Reluctantly of course, as I've been waiting for something like this for quite some time, I have many other non-regulated devices that hit twice as hard as this with the same carto and batt...

Last edited:

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
There are a couple of things I can think of a) On all of my Zens I push up and to the side on the switch...this sounds strange, but it becomes second nature very quickly b) Don't be afraid to take the screw from the switch and sand it down a little so it is more flat...I do this from time to time with all of my Zen switch screws.

MatrixTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There are a couple of things I can think of a) On all of my Zens I push up and to the side on the switch...this sounds strange, but it becomes second nature very quickly b) Don't be afraid to take the screw from the switch and sand it down a little so it is more flat...I do this from time to time with all of my Zen switch screws.

Great info and Thanks!! I was actually thinking of that but with the screw being 24k plated I was hesitent, I really hope they offer a diiferent flatter headed screw as a replacement and of course 24k plated ;)

-But I will try and push the button and to the side and hopefully get the voltage my carto deserves for now..After this tank is empty I'm getting my meters out..

MatrixTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just wanted to add that my switch seems to be working ok now, I did no modifications except add an extra washer..just got my Z2 510 Sidewinder as well and I love both of them!! (Loving the versatility of being able to swap the Z2 Carto tank over to the Sidewinder form factor, which is really great btw).

Anyone know when/who will be offering the Kick screw for installing the Kick in the Z2 510 Sidewinder? (Not that it appears it needs it).

Thanks..

MatrixTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Been performing great but I've recently noticed when I change out a carto there is e-liquid that leaks out a bit under and outside the perimeter of the gold screw that screws up into the top section where the top batt connection is, lightly tightening and trying different levels of screwing the carto down into the connection has made no difference..Anyone have a fix for this or should I open ticket? Thanks..

*submitted ticket*

Last edited:

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Been performing great but I've recently noticed when I change out a carto there is e-liquid that leaks out a bit under and outside the perimeter of the gold screw that screws up into the top section where the top batt connection is, lightly tightening and trying different levels of screwing the carto down into the connection has made no difference..Anyone have a fix for this or should I open ticket? Thanks..

*submitted ticket*

I haven't really noticed that problem but out of habit do just take an alcohol wipe to the whole tank when changing out a carto and/or replacing wick on the Killer. I have the long qtips and part of my cleaning is always to take alcohol on the qtip and clean the inside of my tubes and the inside connection.

MatrixTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I haven't really noticed that problem but out of habit do just take an alcohol wipe to the whole tank when changing out a carto and/or replacing wick on the Killer. I have the long qtips and part of my cleaning is always to take alcohol on the qtip and clean the inside of my tubes and the inside connection.

Yeah, I clean up connection like that as well when changing out the carto, the problem is the slight leaking after its cleaned and new carto installed..after several days of use:blush: If I screw the carto down sometimes it will push the gold positive connection out and it's not flush with the white circular delarin sticker, tryed different levels of screwing the carto down to no avail..almost sounds like the gold top positive screw may be a bit to long?

-I need to pick up one of those killers ;). How often have you been changing out the coil?

Last edited:

MatrixTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Matrix I've been changing my Killer coil about once a week but use very sweet juice and have been using the setup the majority of the time. I actually have two..and on the other my juice isn't as sweet and it's going on about two weeks. I'm lazy and just purchased the replacement setups.

I've been debating on the Diver or the Killer...Maybe I'll get both, Thanks for the info!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread