Newb question on PG/VG bases....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy One

May 31, 2012
LA, CA
Hi all, I have been vaping for over a year and just am making the leap into DIY. I bought a bunch of flavorings from ecigexpress (different brands/flavors that were recommended on the threads here - yum!!!) and have been playing with them with my existing boring juices and getting a feel for which flavors I like and don't.

So....my next step is to stock on up the rest of the goodies, the VG/PG, etc. I have read the sticky about what to look for in terms of "grade" and I will be buying the one that is recommended.

BUT - are there differences between vendors if the specs are the same? Not sure if I am wording this properly, or if this an appropriate question. Lots of sales this weekend so I was going to complete my buying spree and get the rest of the things I need to start DIY'ing!

Is there a thread that has reviews of PG/VG bases by vendor? I can't seem to find one if there is. Is there a difference IF the specs are the same? Ugh I feel so ignorant!

I am planning on making 24 mg juices and 18 mg juices, if it makes a difference. (EDIT - I vape around 70pg/30vg currently).

BTW LOVE the calculator - genius - thank you!!!

Any thoughts or pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
I've tried PG from a couple of sources and over all it seems pretty much the same no matter where it comes from. I think people do find more variety as far as VG goes but there is no overall consensus as to what they like or dislike or even if they really find a difference. I think your best bet is to go with the best price and then try a different type if you don't like that one. Wizard labs and essential depot both have good prices but you may want to order from someplace your already ordering from if the price is close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread