Newbie Going Big(ger) ---Help!!!---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootleg

Mar 23, 2012
Coshocton Ohio
For almost two weeks I have been vaping on my starter kits that I picked up at the tobacco store and at walmart, but my batteries are constantly dying, so I think I need a bigger model. I've been leaning towards an Ego T type B, but I have a few hang ups. I was hoping that a few of you veterans could help me out.
1. Are all Ego T batteries passthroughs or do I need to look for the kit to specifically say passthrough?
2. Are the VZ brands just as good as the Joye?
3. Are VZ and Joye parts interchangeable?
4. Will I burn through more liquid using a larger model, compared to the models the that look like e cigs?
5. What have you found to be the average life of an atomizer and battery of this type of model?
6. How do I know if a Standard or LR Atomizer is right for me before ordering?

:blink::blink::blink:

kylroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
North Idaho
Hello and welcome!

Not all of the Ego T batteries are passthroughs. I have some smaller batteries that are like passthroughs (they have the usb plug on the end instead of the connector so you can vape them while they charge.

You will probably use more liquid with the bigger batteries because you can use LR atties and cartos on them. I typically go through about 3-4ml a day on mine (Inferno, basically an ego clone).

You can expect really good battery life from the larger batteries. One 650mah battery lasts me most of the day paired with 1.5 ohm atties.

I tried the tank system and I did not like it, I prefer dripping and CE2 cartos.

check out Welcome to hoosier ecig supply - The Best E-cigs, Juices, and accesories they have the KGO for $44. 2 1100mah batteries and all the other good stuff that comes with the kit. They claim these batteries stay around 3.8 volts, where the Ego batteries are actually somewhere around 3.2 I think.

I'm not an expert, but I hope I answered some of your questions. I'm sure a vet will chime in here soon with some more info for you :)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Good information from kylroy.

I also would suggest you look at other models in the "ego" size/category. Specifically the Kgo and the E-Power. Both are 3.7 volt models that come with 1000+ mAh batteries standard, unlike the eGo that is only a 3.4 volt battery that comes with a 650 mAh battery standard. I prefer the E-Power because the batteries only cost $4.00, whereas the eGo batteries will run you $15 or more. You can expect to go through a little more eliquid but will get around 6 hours on a charge. Another new option that has been getting some good reviews is the EVO, which allows you to vape at 3.7v, 4.5v and 5.0v. And it also is about the same size as the ego type models. I would get a few cartos in 2.5 ohm and dual coil. Here are some sites to look at:

E-Power Replacable Battery kit!

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - EGO E-Power

EVO V2 Kit

KGO kit 1100mAh by SLB

Bootleg

Mar 23, 2012
Coshocton Ohio
Thanks for saving me from the Ego T. After I checked into it a little bit, it seems like there is a whole lot of dissatisfaction with that model. So I've switched my sights to Hoosier's SLB K Go starter kit. I've been checking around for the best place to order e juices and cartomizers, which leads me to a new question
Will 510D cartomizers work on the SLB Kgo?

kylroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
North Idaho
You won't be disappointing by the KGO from what I hear.

I found some info about the 510D cartomizers on the Boge website. It looks like the 510D will fit any ecig with a 510 connection, so it will work with the KGO. Here's the link to what I found :) electronic cigarettes,e cigarette,e liquild,e juice -- Boge Technolgy

If you are ordering from Welcome to hoosier ecig supply - The Best E-cigs, Juices, and accesories why not just pick up some cartos from them while your at it (unless you already have some). Remember, the KGO batteries can handle atties and cartos down to 1.5 ohm.

The lower the resistance, the hotter the vaper and more vapor production.

moose

May 2, 2011
Whitman, MA
Not all ego batts are pass through's. Most websites do sell the pass through batts but you'll have to buy them separate. Also ego batts should last you between 4-6 hours depending on your vaping pace. Atomizers depend on the quality, vaping pace, and how well you maintain them. I recommend Ikenvapes atty's. They usually last me atleast a month. i had one go for 3 months before. And the only way to know if your a sr or lr atty kind of guy is to try them both. Lr give off a bit of a warmer vape with a stronger throat hit usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread