newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry-amy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
miami
hi everyone,
I have been reading the boards for a couple of days now but finally registered and thought i would stop lurking.

my name is amy and i live in miami. i just turned 30 last month and am a full time graduate student. i started smoking when i was a freshman in high school and was stoked to quit smoking just over 5 years ago. i had a rough past year and with the stress of life and then school, i started smoking again, only when i went to the bars with friends and then recently full time about a month.

i hate the smell of smoke, i hate the taste of smoke, i hate the feelings of being a smoker, BUT the truth is, i LOVE the actual physical act of smoking.

recently one of my girl friends decided that she too liked the act of smoking and got herself a joye 510 and some juices from mrs t's and i decided to jump on board with her. i have been vaping since saturday evening and despite a mild overdose on nicotine saturday night which resulted in a horrendous headache, i am hooked. i LOVE it much more than i ever loves smoking.

i am on low nicotine juices right now, but plan to go no nicotine in the very near future.

i have also decided that i dont like the juices that taste anything like tobacco. i have yet to receive my first shipment from mrs ts but i want to make sure that there are juices out there that are not tobacco flavored. i mean, as long as i am not smoking tobacco, why taste tobacco if i dont have to, right? does this sound strange?

anyway, it is a pleasure to be here and introduce myself, thanks for having me and being a great source of info for a newbie!

amy

angry-amy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
miami
the name comes from an ani difranco song, my friend. but you will get to know me... i tend to be a bit of a ....., some say, but really its just that i am blunt with people and sometimes a bit sarcastic.

so tell me... does this sore throat come from vaping? i am feeling heat flashes too. maybe i am getting sick and it just coincides with the pv trials?

nickf41680

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
new york
some people experience a sore throat from pg mix juices... a juice with a higher level of vg might suit u better.... i myself had experienced slight throat irritation at first but then went away.. vaping also cause a slight dehydration so drink plenty of water which one should do anyway..i believ its all part of transition from analogs to e-cigs...

and p.s i only said happy amy bc you quit smoking :):):)

and what mg are u vaping?

Last edited:

Heartbskts

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Ohio
Hi Amy and welcome to the forums! I think you'll like it here. Pull up a chair and get comfy cuz there's alot of reading and learning to do here. Yes- there are TONS of flavors out there that are in no way similiar to tobacco. I vape candy flavors myself. I would start out with small sample bottles in diff nic strengths that you think you would like 1st. I've only ordered from one juice company in the 2 months that I've been vaping and am happy to say that I've found MANY (maybe too many lol) that I love and can vape all day long. I've had no desire to try other vendors because I'm just not a gambler that way, but everyone is different. I'm the same way in many of my favorite popular restaraunts too btw!
Good luck and happy vapin to ya!!!

Heartbskts

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Ohio
so tell me... does this sore throat come from vaping? i am feeling heat flashes too. maybe i am getting sick and it just coincides with the pv trials?
Could it be that you're vaping too high of a nic and OD'ing a little? That might explain the hot flashes.

No need to be mean, sarcastic and .....y here, most people are friendly and here to help and/or learn themselves. Plus there is alot of fun on the freedomsmokeusa forum- I stalk them just for my daily laughs and to find new flavors, sales.......

angry-amy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
miami
i am vaping 14mg grape from ecigaretteonline and it tastes like ..... both kinds.

i feel like i have oil on my fingers but i am good about filling cleanly. i am making sure to keep the cart up instead of down, but there still seems to be a little seepage from where the edge of the atty meets the edge of the cart i am using. i wash my hands and wipe down the edges that seem to get a little drippage, but still i am sort of feeling as if my thumb and forefingers are a little oily. i dont get it. is this seepage normal?

i could very well be od'ing. but i am feeling like i am also vaping less than i would normally be smoking. it is satisfying to just take a couple puffs every few hours, etc instead of chain smoking a couple of whole analogs every few hours.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
i want to make sure that there are juices out there that are not tobacco flavored.
How long do you have? I'm sure somebody here would be able to post a list with all 7,492, and counting, flavors available. :laugh:

You'll absolutely love it here! There are juice suppliers galore with all the flavors you can think of, and suppliers where you can create your own flavors too. Keep an eye on this thread. E Cigarette Suppliers Forum Suppliers will post sales there and what-not.

Have fun, and congratulations on deciding to stay smoke-free, and looking for alternatives!

nickf41680

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
new york
when i started i started with 24 than quicklyy dropped to 12 mg i know vape 6mg and its more than enough.... i would like to vape zero but not much TH at all when at 0.... i would lower the nic level a little and see if that helps also try a vg mix......at this point its all about experimenting to see what your body likes... and if i had to recommend a juice vendor it would have to b backwoodsbrew.net great guy great customer service and awesome juices!!!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
i am vaping 14mg grape from ecigaretteonline and it tastes like ..... both kinds.

i feel like i have oil on my fingers but i am good about filling cleanly. i am making sure to keep the cart up instead of down, but there still seems to be a little seepage from where the edge of the atty meets the edge of the cart i am using. i wash my hands and wipe down the edges that seem to get a little drippage, but still i am sort of feeling as if my thumb and forefingers are a little oily. i dont get it. is this seepage normal?

Welcome to ECF Amy,

I'm naturally clumsy, filling carts would end up with juice coating the outside all the
time. I just kept a damp paper towel to wipe down my e-cig after filling. Even when
I got better at topping of a cart, there was always a little seepage, a lot would depend
on what hardware you're using. Some may seep more than others, and there's so many
to choose from....:)
A good setup will have better taste, vapor, battery and less seepage, check out the stickeys
for pictures and recommendations to fit your own preferences.

angry-amy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
miami
Yes- there are TONS of flavors out there that are in no way similiar to tobacco. I vape candy flavors myself. I would start out with small sample bottles in diff nic strengths that you think you would like 1st.

heartbskts: how would i be able to tell before ordering whether there will be tobacco flavorings in the ejuice or whether it will be spot on just the flavor that i want?

nickf41680

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
new york
heartbskts: how would i be able to tell before ordering whether there will be tobacco flavorings in the ejuice or whether it will be spot on just the flavor that i want?

Usually the flavors will be labeled with tobacco... And in the desrcription of juice it will say what the Taste resembles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread