Newbie intro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
Just wanted to introduce myself to the vaping community. My name is Daniel and I've been analog free for 1 month. I'm 31 and have been a smoker since I was 17. I also have parents and a brother that smoke and plan on getting them all a ProVari Mini in the near future. Once I can find the right flavors for them, I'll get them. I still haven't found more than one I really like. They have tried it and they are all open to trying them. My dad has tried e-cigs 5 years ago, but those were toys compared to the vapes on the market now and I hope that will be the reason he quits for good. Another reason was that the charge only lasted 3 hrs. before it needed a recharge. I know for a fact the mini can last me 24 hrs. minimum. I have only tried the ProVari Mini, and love it... I'm leaning towards getting 3+ but just wanted to see if maybe there were better options. I highly doubt it, but if I'm gonna spend a few hundred dollars on vapes and juices, I should make an informed decision. Hopefully I can get a discount for buying in bulk? Anyway, I've read a few inspiring stories here and it's making me optimistic that I'll get them all to quit analogs soon. Thanks for all the knowledge, help and efforts in maintaining this forum all. Happy vaping all!

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Welcome to the forum :)

I don't think you would get a discount but it never hurts to ask ;). You already know how the Provari is and you can help them with whatever they need. I'd say stick with what you know, it's easier to explain. As far as juices.....that's tougher. There are sooooo many options. The more popular ones have longer wait times to get processed and are made to order. Then they need steep time. If you get samples, those are mostly made in advance and Usually don't require steeping.

Good luck and great job with helping your family to get off the cigs! :)

SunRam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
South Africa
Hey, and welcome to this wonderful world of vaping! I trust you will revel in it. The best side effect of vaping is your inner hobbyist might just come out, I know mine have :D The provari is obviously a great device, but my suggestion would be to buy 2 or 3 other mods just for variation. Vamo, eVic and CVI comes to mind, there is just soooo many choices!
Vape on!

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
Thank you Robino, I do usually get samples. So far, I have thrown out 4/10 of my first cartos. I'm guessing I either didn't steep, filled it up with too many drops. They all say E2, I did not dry burn them. Maybe a bad bunch? Hated the wasting so I got 3 Clearomizers and 2 Vivi Nova 3.5ml tanks. So far, so good! Steel wicks, good idea?

Last edited:

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
Welcome to the board Daniel, awesome of you to help your family get their devices :) Wish I had a family member like that haha but I'm sure I'll be able to get my first device some time soon, hopefully lol

Anyways, good luck with keeping off analogs and with helping your family as well.

Thank you Fallen, hope you choose a ProVari! I can't find a single flaw in it! I love this thing so much, I'm having my brother build me a stand! He is a General Contractor in Miami and it should be ready in a day. He made it out of poplar wood and I'm just waiting for him to stain it! I'm excited because I designed it to hold ALL my accessories, juices and it looks sexy... even without the staining.

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
You've reminded me that I did the same for my mother ^^ Doesn't it feel a bit like being jehova's witnesses at the beginning, trying to convert everyone around us? it's funny :D I bet everyone does this!
Edit: oh and welcome too :p

LMAO, true indeed Peggy! I was thinking more like a used car salesman throwing his pitch incessantly, but yea... yours works too.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thank you Robino, I do usually get samples. So far, I have thrown out 4/10 of my first cartos. I'm guessing I either didn't steep, filled it up with too many drops. They all say E2, I did not dry burn them. Maybe a bad bunch? Hated the wasting so I got 3 Clearomizers and 2 Vivi Nova 3.5ml tanks. So far, so good! Steel wicks, good idea?

I don't know anything about steel wicks. I do use the Nova's but I just use what they come with :)

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
Hey, and welcome to this wonderful world of vaping! I trust you will revel in it. The best side effect of vaping is your inner hobbyist might just come out, I know mine have :D The provari is obviously a great device, but my suggestion would be to buy 2 or 3 other mods just for variation. Vamo, eVic and CVI comes to mind, there is just soooo many choices!
Vape on!

Thank you SunRam for your advice. Could you give me just 1 quick pro/con for each of those compared to the Mini? I think that would be easiest for me to compare features since I can gauge things versus the Mini.

Oh yeah... I did some research on wooden PV holders/stands. The ones I saw did not have the functionality or look I wanted, too big, takes up too much space, not portable, not taking advantage of its real estate, etc. Having all my juices and accessories and not knowing where my Mini was drove me nuts so I sketched what I wanted and 3.5 hours later, (plus stain/dry time) problem solved! I already love to tinker with things... it runs in the family. Dad has been a contractor for 40 years, bro is a G.C. and I do the interior designing on most projects.

Future plans:

1. Find a juice I LOVE, not like.
2. Learn to use RBA's.
3. Install steel wicks.

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
Welcome to the family Daniel,it's great you care e'nuf about your family to get them headed on the right path....

Best of luck to ya :toast:

Thank you dbeast... everytime I saw the Florida Tobacco quitline, it made me cringe for my family. Also, hearing my dad cough constantly was the last straw. Hopefully, they quit once and for all! Thanks for all the support guys, this place is the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread