NEWBIE just saying hi and looking for some recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamesonfire

Sep 26, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So I've been reading the forum and finally a week and half ago got my first e cig and start vaping from there. In one and a half weeks I smoked one analog cigarette and even under strong influence of booze that crap tasted like straight garbage and I realized vapor is the way I'm going now... The first issue was my own fault I had been wanting to try vaping for a while but was just kinda lazy about the whole thing except two weeks ago I spent a week visiting my girlfriend who absolutely hates the analog cigarettes and wouldn't allow me to smoke around her house and in her company. Craving nicotine desperately I bought one or two of the blu disposables and was alright minus the ten dollar price tag and the fact they barely last two days so I took the plunge and bought a thirty dollar blu starter pack(not the fancy one with the social feature and what just one that came with five menthol and two batteries) I also bought some vanilla refills for a 15 dollars. Since then ive come here and read quit a lot of negativity about the blu brand as whole and have personally experienced the constant burnt taste after just a few rounds with a new refill. Also the battery life kills me and the fact the flavor refills are so costly. I know blu wasnt the best way to go but at the time i was desperate and in a small town in bum.... egypt. So I'm here to get recommendations of what to replace the blu with and I learned after reading the best way to give you guys a little background on my background and smoking habits. I'll start with the fact I smoked a pack of analogs usually in two days sometimes a day and a half. Budget is top priority as well I'm a cheap guy. I also volunteer firefighting and its likely my ecig could be stored in my pocket during worst of times so I want something semi durable if that even exist. Also is it possible to get something that fills my lungs a little more I miss the full feeling that smoking analogs gave me in my lungs as the vapor just feels so light from my blu. I'm not to concerned that my ecig looks like a analog I seen a few people with the big cigar sized things and I'm alright with that. I like flavors choices and would like to move away from the who refill carts as insane prices.. I'm around non smokers alot so some kind of flavor that smells good to people around me would be nice. I also been looking unsuccesfully for a complete guide on this forum somewhere for someone new to vaporing.
A

redeyes24321

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Colorado
I would recommend an eGo Twist... get two so you have a backup. I would put a Protank, Evod, or T3 on top (this is basically your cartridge). eGos are durable and great for pocket carry, also they are pretty cheap. The next thing you need to do is figure out what kind of e liquid you'd like... this is the hard part IMO. Also be sure to get extra head/coils for your delivery device (Protank, Evod, or T3)

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Sounds like you're ready for a stick/ego battery. There's a couple of ways to go in this regard. The first is to get a kit with two of everything, like you can find at MyVaporStore. It's gotta be the number one kit recommended on the Forum this year, and I've seen a lot of vapers transition quite well with this kit, which I'll link to below.

The other way to go is to get a couple of iTaste 3.0 with a couple of toppers. The iTaste 3.0's are full featured variable wattage/voltage APV's with Ohm meters, +/- buttons, ego and 510 threading, even puff counters. They charge with USB cables, so are quite remarkable, and they are slightly smaller than the VV ego's out there, but similar form factor. I think the iTaste 3.0 is unquestionably the best stick battery out there, imho. Here's my take on stick batteries, though there are countless references about these devices on the Forum:

Stick Batteries, known as eGo Style Batteries (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary):

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-Pearl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
2. SLB KGO VV - http://www.hoosierecig.com/Mega-KGO-VV-1200mAh-3-6v-_p_441.html (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
5. Smoktech Winder - Smok eGo Winder 900mAh Variable Volt Battery (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Best Starter Combo kit out there, imho, provides two batteries, i.e., the twist and/or spinner, and two toppers, i.e., the eVod and/or MT3s, among others: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm.

Recommend one eVod and one MT3s topper with one Spinner and one Twist to start. This way you get four different products with the kit and allowing you to experience four different setups, as you figure out your preferences and what works best for you. Alternatively, I had great success with two Spinners and two evods, as well. BTW, you can spend less and get a fixed voltage battery, but you'll have much less vape flexibility and it won't be long before you'll want to upgrade to variable voltage, more than likely, and the difference initially is only a few dollars per battery anyway.

Good luck, welcome to the forum, power up and vape on!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I second the Itaste 3.0 or a Winder. I started with the winder - ONLY because the 3.0 wasn't out yet. I now have both and the only difference is my winder battery holds a charge a smidgeon longer since it is 1100mah as opposed to 800mah..

I don't see a link to a Winder starter kit - so I will add in that :2c:

Winder Starter Kit:
Roar Vapor: Advanced Starter Kit - eGos & Accessories - Hardware

Welcome and Happy Vaping!!:toast:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I second the Itaste 3.0 or a Winder. I started with the winder - ONLY because the 3.0 wasn't out yet. I now have both and the only difference is my winder battery holds a charge a smidgeon longer since it is 1100mah as opposed to 800mah..

I don't see a link to a Winder starter kit - so I will add in that :2c:

Winder Starter Kit:
Roar Vapor: Advanced Starter Kit - eGos & Accessories - Hardware

Welcome and Happy Vaping!!:toast:

Yeah, I had a link to the Winder as well as several others. There's so many different ones on the market these days, impossible to list them all, so I just list the most popular ones, as determined by what I've seen on the Forum this last year. Good luck to you!

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Welcome! You've been given some great recommendations for the hardware set up.

Finding your juice can be a little trickier. The good news is so far everything I've tried has been much, much, much better than Blu! I suggest you get sample sets from a few places. They're smaller sizes, don't cost too much and you're not stuck with a larger bottle of something that you can't stand. It's a nice way to experiment and I was surprised by some of the ones I liked. I smoked more than you, but I found I wanted a lower nicotine level than I thought, so you may want to try a couple of different levels too. Good luck!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Yeah, I had a link to the Winder as well as several others. There's so many different ones on the market these days, impossible to list them all, so I just list the most popular ones, as determined by what I've seen on the Forum this last year. Good luck to you!

Apparently I need to get my eyes checked - looked at too many new "pretty shinies" to buy today....I think my fiance already wants to kill me ....but he gets some of my hand me downs :D so meh...it works out. lol.

flamesonfire

Sep 26, 2013
Raleigh, NC
also as much I would like all the things I'm looking at I would prefer to get one complete package although I'm realizing the juice may be best to order seperate I currently use my parents as my mailing address and multiple trips to pick up boxes from them would be alot of driving and kinda of annoying so I was opening to get it all in one or go as close to that as possible

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
also as much I would like all the things I'm looking at I would prefer to get one complete package although I'm realizing the juice may be best to order seperate I currently use my parents as my mailing address and multiple trips to pick up boxes from them would be alot of driving and kinda of annoying so I was opening to get it all in one or go as close to that as possible

THe winder set up is on as site with great juice and includes a 10ml bottle. I am not certain where the other links will take you without going back to them - but that is a good one stop shop to get some sample juice from :)

flamesonfire

Sep 26, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Okay so critics please let me know I randomly came across a store in the next town over that was solely an e cig store. I made an impulse buy and got and ego c twist with a no name "disposable" flavor holder thing and a 10 ml bottle of king juice vanilla. My total came up to 37 dollars with tax. I'm looking for advice on if this was a good buy and any links to relevant guides or must read topics to do with this new toy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread