Newbie Looking for E-liquid/E-juice reccomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliyaPlush

Aug 28, 2014
MyHouse,MD,USA
Hello to all!

I'm technically a total newb to vaping, but I have been doing a lot of reading and research on the subject (that is how I found this awesome website). Like all the other new members I have to make some posts to become a full fledged forum member too, so here I go!

I have tried to quit smoking analogs (tobacco cigarettes) many...many...many times. I was a pack, to a pack and a half, per day smoker for 21 years. This time around I went 30 days cold turkey (my longest was 6 months), before the stress got to me and I needed my nicotine crutch to help keep me from raging at the world (RAWR!).

I bought my first e-cig from a local vape shop (an eGo style sold under the brand Uno Vapor) about a week and a half ago. It only took about a week before the battery started refusing to hold a decent charge and the vapor I was getting decreased.
eGoUnoVapor.jpg

I decided to upgrade to a decent mod and got an Itaste VV v3.0 and a Nautilus Mini BVC atomizer at a local vape shop (that makes it's own flavors). I'm loving the new mod, since I am getting a bigger and better tasting vape with both the new atomizer and the el cheapo uno vapor clearomizer.
newmod.jpg

My first e-liquid was VaporalAll Menthol Ice. I really love that strong menthol flavor, and it is the only flavor I have used so far. I started with a 6mg nicotine, but it wasn't satisfying my cravings so I bought a 18mg nicotine and mixed it half and half with the remaining 6mg bottle. I'm guessing it ended up around a 12mg of nicotine equivalent. (That was working well with the Uno Vapor)

While I was at the local vape shop, upgrading my mod, I also bought two new flavors. That is when I made my very first newbie mistake, by not taste testing the flavors before I bought them (a menthol and a vanilla mint flavor). Got them home and they were terrible, and they set off my allergies something fierce (I have sinus allergies). I have to take Alegra-D allergy medicine daily when smoking analogs. When I started vaping I noticed right away it irritated my allergies. Some perfumes, shampoos...ect give my sinuses H-E-double-hockey-sticks. After some research I am thinking the PG/VG mix might be irritating my allergies.

I really love that strong menthol flavor that the VaporalAll Menthol Ice has, but I may need to switch to a low PG/VG or VG only mix. So now that I have a decent mod that gets me good vapor and flavor, I'm looking for suggestions and advice as to what brands and flavors of E-juice/E-liquids to try.

So I'm looking for brand name & flavor recommendations that have a low PG high VG or 100% VG mix, with a 12mg nicotine level.
I like strong menthol/minty flavors (but any flavor recommends are welcome)
I do not like vanilla, cinnamon, watermelon, or anise flavors in foods, so I don't imagine I will want those for vaping.

Thanks for any and all input or advice about flavors or anything else you want to give, that might help me have a better vaping experience!

JohnnyBGoode

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Gelder,NL
Well that leaves you plenty to choose from still.
You can check the eliquid section for recommendations but in the end you'll have to make the choice so just accept you'll prob end up buying a few more you will not finish :)
As far as 100% VG goes, you might want to look into diying your own. You can get 100% VG base in many webshops at any level of nicotine. Some high concentrated flavors to go along with it and you will pay less in the end as well.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
to each their own with taste yah know?

I was a menthol smoker, and had a menthol tobacco vanilla one that after a week tasted nasty to me...so

if you can find a tasting bar at a vape shop, there's a lot of flavors that have that menthol or ice cool to them...

that's a good model that you've progressed to, now you can play with the volts and wattage...

happy vaping!!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome aboard the Vape Train!

I've ordered from MBV - you can ask for different levels of PG/VG. Only disappointment was the freebie on my first order because I didn't know to ask for what *I* wanted. I'm a 50/50 gal, and have recently started making my own. I think I've seen VirginVapors does mostly VG juices? not sure. Watch out for super-high VG, as it's quite thick and may not wick well in some tanks. You can thin with a bit of distilled water or even unflavored vodka or PGA.

I've had really good luck with Mount Baker flavors, as well as Five Pawns, but I tend to stay with 50/50 - especially in my Nautilus. I tried a couple high VG juices in that thing and just couldn't get a hit I liked with decent flavor. Gotvapes has a sampler pack of 3 bottles for $10, and I LOVE their stuff. The sampler is 70/30 PG/VG, but you could start with that while you're finding a flavor, then go from there. They make it themselves, so you may be able to request a different PG/VG ratio.

Gabiano87

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
london uk
There are some good responses here but I will just add mine to the mix. When I started vaping flavors in food etc that I disliked were Cinnamon, Anise and strong vanilla. Once I started to vape those flavors have actually been some of my favorite ones which is very strange but true. Give one a try sometime just for the sake of it as you may be like me and love them. Some anise flavors I think come out so clean and refreshing and I find the flavor of cinnamon carries well in E juice. Remember I don't really like those flavors in food or drink so take my advice with a pinch of salt. :facepalm:

BiLLi0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
Portugal
So I'm looking for brand name & flavor recommendations that have a low PG high VG or 100% VG mix, with a 12mg nicotine level.
I like strong menthol/minty flavors (but any flavor recommends are welcome)
I do not like vanilla, cinnamon, watermelon, or anise flavors in foods, so I don't imagine I will want those for vaping.

Thanks for any and all input or advice about flavors or anything else you want to give, that might help me have a better vaping experience!

Hangsen Smooth 100% VG. My ADV (about 3mL). :D

Or this: homepage - Yaeliq (I haven't tried it yet but people say it's incredibly awesome)

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I tend to stay with 50/50 - especially in my Nautilus. I tried a couple high VG juices in that thing and just couldn't get a hit I liked with decent flavor.

Out of curiousity what type of battery are you using for the Nautilus? I have a mini and it is a champ burns great tons of vapor. Are you using the new BVC coils on the full size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread