Newbie needing suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rach78

Nov 15, 2018
hi,
New to vaping (4 weeks off the smokes yay) and currently using an innokin t20s with a 1.5coil and 60vg/40pg juice. Works like a dream. Need a back up and would love some suggestions of other devices to try. Its overwhelming the amount of product that is out there.. and all this coil business does my head in haha. Was hoping for a good suggestion that is suitable for 60vg/40pg juice?

Thanks guys

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Innokin kroma zenith kit is a good step up. Larger longer lived device, better vape experience, but still fairly simple. Neither device will last much over a year. They’re both LiPo mods and their batteries are internal. By the time you’re done with them though if you haven’t quit completely a replaceable battery APV would be the next step

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
hi,
New to vaping (4 weeks off the smokes yay) and currently using an innokin t20s with a 1.5coil and 60vg/40pg juice. Works like a dream. Need a back up and would love some suggestions of other devices to try. Its overwhelming the amount of product that is out there.. and all this coil business does my head in haha. Was hoping for a good suggestion that is suitable for 60vg/40pg juice?

Thanks guys
You are going to get a ton of diffrent answers. The real questoin is what do you really want? Do you want something very similar to your device? A solid back up? Do you want to try and expand your horizon and experiment with diffrent styles of vaping?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The Smoant Battlestar is a dual battery mod that looks good, has the optimum shape for a mod (doesn’t knock over easy) and performs well in both TC and wattage modes. It been around a while so I gotta believe you can get one for around $30. I’ve had mine 2 and 1/2 years and I’ve dropped it more times than I can count and it looks brand new. I’ve shattered tanks and bent 510’s completely destroying several tanks on top of this thing yet it doesn’t care and when I screw a new tank on it just fires like nothing’s happened.
Other then that recommendation, mods by Smoant, Vaporesso, Tesla, Voopoo, and Eleaf should be considered. They all make some really nice mods that are well thought of by many experienced vapers.
If you want tank recommendations the Uwell Crown tank is a solid choice. It’s been around forever and the coils can be had pretty cheap. The have 1.2-.5-.25 ohm coils so you can continue to vape how you do now but also dip your toe into the sub-ohm world to see if you like it. With a Battlestar mod and an OG Crown tank on top you’d have the hottest setup from early 2017. Just remember, you got to stay up out the streets if you can’t take the heat. Why you ask??? Because it gets cold in Minnesota, cold in Minnesota, cold in Minnesota.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
hi,
New to vaping (4 weeks off the smokes yay) and currently using an innokin t20s with a 1.5coil
Welcome and glad you joined.
Non sub ohmg is a good choice to start out with, it will save you money over time. I never found any reason to change over. 4 week and you are on your way!!!!

JSL_Aus

Aug 16, 2018
Yes, all good advice here, and welcome!

I'll just add weight to what has been said - I started on the Innokin T22, but "moved up" to the Innokin Kroma with Zenith tank. Much better for me. Initially I liked the T22, but when I tried the Kroma with Zenith tank, I liked it much more. The T22 was a good start, it was more like smoking with the tight draw, but after a few months off the smokes, I found the increased and variable air-flow of the Zenith tank more to my liking.

I actually bought a few GeekVape mods that have removable batteries, and that suits me even better, as, as it turns out, the Innokin Kroma mod died on me only after about 3-4 months. But the good news is I can still use the tank from the Kroma kit, I just screw it on to the GeekVape mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread