Newbie Refilling Tricks: Let me introduce The RenSpin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

renthepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2012
Canada
Hey all.

My name is Ren. I am a newbie myself, and I've only learned a week ago what was the Taryn Spin (named after the girl who invented it). Here's a video you should watch if you don't know what is the purpose of this trick (this is the new forum members section afterall!)
Taryn Spin Video
The Taryn Spin 2011....Everything You Need To Know - YouTube

Now, since I've bought a cigarette-sized Personnal Vaporiser, my cartomizers are very tiny. I thought the idea of buying a plastic pipe, cut it etc. was too much work for my lazy ... so I used one of the condoms that came with my cartos and simply sewed a thread using a sewing needle.

shapewear-sewing-needle.jpg

I've sewed the thread through the bottom of the condom:

sp7oug.jpg

And then I invented...

...The RenSpin!
33cx9cg.jpg

All I have to do is to insert the carto in the condom and spin it! It works great in both the Taryn Spin and the Inverted Taryn Spin...

...but I call them the RenSpin and the Inverted RenSpin :D

This trick works well with the mini e-cig cartos and might not be strong enough for the big-... cartos out there. With my little setup I can spin the .... out of my cartos without any fear of seeing it fly away.

I also have two other tricks I've been experimenting with: To pop off the cap of my cartomizer , I use a paper clip arm like I've seen on many refilling tips & tricks videos and threads, but I use a small paper clip (remember I got a mini)
clip1.jpg

And finally I use the boiling method to clean my cartos, but once they're clean I Invert-RenSpin them to get rid of most of the water, and instead of using the oven method to dry them, I use a hair dryer, at minimum power, for about a minute and then let it cool down for about 5 minutes. I do this 3 times, and then I refill them using the RenSpin after every 6 drops of e-juice (except the last 6 ones which I let sit for a few minutes). I put a total of 18 drops in my tiny cartos.

I hope these tricks will help some of you newbies out there.

Disclaimer: Before I posted this, I made a google/youtube/forum search and couldn't find any trace of a condom spin or hairdryer related to cartos. It is possible that I missed the fact that these tricks existed before. If you feel like you should be identified as the inventor of these tricks, well feel fee to tell the world that you invented the RenSpin!:laugh:

renthepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2012
Canada
Congrats on finding new and creative ways to spin the cartos. That's the way vaping should be.. fun and innovative. Glad that you shared your success w/ some of the others here.

Welcome to the ECF!!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I love this forum.

Does anyone know where, I mean in which section of the forum, I should post this trick so that people will see it? Here, on the New Members forum, there is so much traffic that threads don't last more than a few hours on the 1st page before they slowly die forever!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Neat trick. I use an oral med dispenser to do the spin. Here's where can post it:
Tips and Tricks
Happy Vaping.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I love this forum.

Does anyone know where, I mean in which section of the forum, I should post this trick so that people will see it? Here, on the New Members forum, there is so much traffic that threads don't last more than a few hours on the 1st page before they slowly die forever!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Just a hint - when I was using carto's and doing the 'spin' I sometimes would get drops of juice splatter about from the batt end of the carto. So, I started putting a condo over the batt/thread end to catch any drops that might be coming out.

Hey all.

My name is Ren. I
And then I invented...

...The RenSpin!
33cx9cg.jpg

All I have to do is to insert the carto in the condom and spin it! It works great in both the Taryn Spin and the Inverted Taryn Spin...

overall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
TEXAS
I use a lanyard and put a condom over the end I am pushing the liquid to. And spin away. I really don't count drops, I add and spin then once the cartos filler is still wet after spinning I add one more drop for luck.....blow the center hole from the battery end, put both condoms back on all ready for a new day. This works really well for me.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I guess I could Try a Needle and Thread? But I'm more into Power Tools.

I guess I could rubber band them to a ceiling fan but I'm afraid of Ladders.

I like this technique...

c_spin.jpg

To Dry, Put the Battery end in.

To Fill, Battery end out. Just don't forget to put the condom on the ends.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
LOL actually call me crazy but I tried spinning a carto with my cordless screw gun set on low just to see....naw didn't work :D

You do what I did and tape the Cartos to Car Rims and then Hop on the Freeway.

Just keep an eye on your Rear View Mirror for Red & Blue Lights.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
LOL how timely as I just switched snow tires to summer and 1 rim was stuck...had to loosen the lug bolts and drive down a street with speed bumps to loosen it :D

You do what I did and tape the Cartos to Car Rims and then Hop on the Freeway.

Just keep an eye on your Rear View Mirror for Red & Blue Lights.

prateus

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Muskoka, Ontario
Could someone explain to me how the spin is used tofillcartos? I mean I just take off both condoms and the cap, fill the longer condom with liquid push battery connector end into the juice filled condom and it fills from the bottom up. I usually use two condoms full and my cartos are perfect wetness, then I just drip 5drops every 30min-an hour depending on vape pace.

This looks great to empty cartos of nasty juice but how would you use it to fill cartos?

Thanks.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
If you search "Taryn Spin" on YouTube you'll find it. I use the condom method without the Spin and it works well. The Taryn Method uses gravity to force the juice to the end of the carto. Can also do Reverse Taryn Spin to empty carto.
You actually drip the juice into the carto and spin it. Repeat until full. Make sure you have a condom the the end otherwise a mess.

Could someone explain to me how the spin is used tofillcartos? I mean I just take off both condoms and the cap, fill the longer condom with liquid push battery connector end into the juice filled condom and it fills from the bottom up. I usually use two condoms full and my cartos are perfect wetness, then I just drip 5drops every 30min-an hour depending on vape pace.

This looks great to empty cartos of nasty juice but how would you use it to fill cartos?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread