Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA
Let me start by explaining what I do now when I vape. I use a big battery mod, with a cartomizer. Every hour or two, I will pop off the drip tip and drip a few drips and keep trucking. I really like it...
but..I have different juices that I want to test out, I really don't want to condom fill a cartomizer, wait, twirl, etc...just to taste something, then find out that I really dislike that flavor. So with my limited knowledge, getting an atty and direct dripping just to test a flavor sounds like a better way to test flavors. But I have never even owned an atty before. Do I need I an atty and a cart? or can I just use the atty? or get a cart and pull out the batting? I am confused. Thanks :)

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Atties are a 2 piece thing; the atomier and the cartridge with the batting inside. You just take the batting out of the cart, put maybe 4 drops into a completely new atomiser, give it a few minutes to soak in and maybe add 1 or 2 drops, stick the (empty) cart back on the top of the atty and just vape. Just keep topping off every 5 - 10 hits or so with a drop or two.

Why drip tips came to be; it replaces the empty cartridge with something open ended so you can just drip straight into the atty without taking the cart off it.

Higbe33

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Either way. A 510 is more user friendly. Just 3 drop in the atty and ready to go. I like to use a drip tip if I'm going to drip for awhile, but just to try a juice I don't bother. Some non-510's have the heating coil too close to the lips, so a blank cart or drip tip is needed.

If your battery is larger than 450mAH, I'd use a LR atty and get a little more flavor. Good luck.

Hig

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA
Thanks so much for your help. I am using 18650 batteries so I assume I just need a LR atomizer, I already have a drip tip I use with my cartomizer, so I don't have to take that white thing out to drip into it each time. So when testing my flavors, I just need to rinse and let the atomizer dry and then try another flavor?

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
I just need to rinse and let the atomizer dry and then try another flavor?
You don't have to. If I haven't been using something strong like menthol I'll just blow it out then put the new flavour in. If they're complimenting flavours like cappuccino then ry4, I don't even do that; just vape it with both in until I can't taste the cappuccino anymore.

If it's a strong flavour then sure, probably best to blow it out and rinse it.

shenailing00

Jul 29, 2011
singapore
  • Deleted by ejoker
  • Reason: posting for post count
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread