Not open for further replies.

Moofaso

Smoke Free Since 11-11-11
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
I'm right behind you
Hi all,

I am a newbie vapor. I have a jasper and jasper POS I picked up at a gas station to see what all the talk was about with electronic cigarettes. It is not great, but it has helped me with my smoking so after some research I ordered the V2 ultimate kit from v2cigs.com. I am also in the process of ordering some juice from v4l. I have no clue what I am doing, but I think I am going to like leaving the real cig world I have lived in for the past 29 years and enter the Vaporworld. Meey father just passed away last month from lung cancer and it has really made me think. I want to be here when I have grandkids of my own and the whole vaping thing is something I think will help me achieve that. Anyway, hello to all, glad to be here.

Joe

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
I'm so sorry to hear about your father.
You've made a great decision switching to ecig. Congratulations!

I'm not familiar with the kit you've bought. But it's not unusual for new vapers to become frustrated with what they initially bought and then go back to regular cigs. If this happens to you, dont give up. There are myriads of different vaping equipment. Finding what works for you may require a bit of studying (here at ECF - read the stickies!), and maybe a bit of 'experimental purchases'

Don't hesitate to let us know how you're doing. Don't hesitate to ask for advice. People here are extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Best wishes!

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
Welcome to ECF! Tons of information here to get you in the right direction. Be sure you check out the pinned threads above in the New Member's forum.

Wow, just checked out your starter kit. You may want to consider returning it and getting your money back! You can find a much longer lasting kit for less then $50!!

I always recommend people go to Liberty-Flights. A Riva light bundle is only $29(after clicking 20% off coupon in left corner) and the battery lasts about 8 hours depending on your use. Rule of thumb, the more it looks like a cigarette the worse the battery life and often performance. If you are a light smoker however or prefer the "real" look, I imagine a cigarette looking e-cig from there would be even cheaper.

There are also many, many reputable vendors you can check out on ECF. Just keep scrolling down on the main forum page and you will see them, even by location.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Sorry to hear about your Father .
Keep at it , many here learn as we go and just keep at it , look at video's to see the devices in action helps get idea's as well.
As a note many started with an ego device i did as well and then move on to the more fancy ones i still use my ego on the go !
Ego is simple to begin with.

Wate2028

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
sc

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Hi and welcome,
I just started vaping 11 days ago, and I love it.

I agree on getting the sample sizes. V4L's bottles are huge, I made the mistake of getting my first juices from them, and I am stuck with big bottles of juices I don't like.

Backwoods Brew is having a 20% off sale today only, and everyone here seems to love their juices. I suggest getting a few small bottles to try. The coupon code is backfriday.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Moofaso

Smoke Free Since 11-11-11
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
I'm right behind you
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am spending alot of time reading posts and learning quite a bit. I think I may have jumped the gun on my purchase at v2cigs.com, but when researching they were always listed as one of the top 3. Of course, I can see some bias coming from some of these review sites in order to catch a referral fee. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks again all, looks like a great community here!

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Hi and Welcome to ECF from another Georgia Vaper. I started with the J&J also, and it got me interested enough to research further.
Lots of good advice and help here. I'm trying to get some of us together after the holidays, when you get your posts up I'll PM you and tell you more.

Good Luck
Balth

Last edited:

Needo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
Amarillo, Tx.
Don't feel to bad about jumping the gun on your order. Many of us go through multiple units before finding what we really like. It is different for everyone. After vaping for a few months, reward your self by getting something really nice. By that time, you should know what it is that you want in a PV. I wouldn't worry too much about saving money initially. That comes later after you settle into new habits. The bigger concern is the quality and longevity of your life. Also don't let the setbacks discourage you. I smoked again for a month after not having an analog for over 8 weeks. It's not fun starting the counter again. But it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread