• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellement

Sep 1, 2009
Hi,

I've just started researching e-cigarettes and i definitely want to buy one. I have a few questions hopefully someone here can help me with.

I want an e-cigg that actually looks like a cigarette, white or yellow tip doesn't bother me, but as long as it looks like an actual cigarette. Can anyone suggest a good e-cigg like this? The polls on this site indicate the 510 is good, but this doesn't look like a cigarette so i want something as good as the 510 but looks like a cigarette.

Whats a passthrough?

What does it mean when you say manual?

Whats a good site to buy from? i'm obviously in Australia.

Upon my first purchase should i buy more accessories like atomizers or batteries or cartridges in addition to what comes with the starter kit?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbi355

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
NQ Australia
www.sixholetheory.com
hi mate,
im pretty new to this too, my first one turned up today!! but ive done a fair bit of research and checked out the tutorials around here- theres heaps of info on this site!!

righto, as for the 'looks like a real one' closest your gonna get is a 8084 super mini. got mine today, usually smoke 20 choice gold a day, havent had ANY today. the 8084 performs pretty well. held beside a real smoke, it has pretty much the same dimensions and the weight is pretty good too. if you smoke more though, you may want the dse103 or an RN4081. slightly longer and heavier, more smoke though.(i think) . Thing is, the more you smoke these things, the better it gets!!! THe atomizer needs to 'wear in' by the looks. im puffing away right now on my super mini and its smoking up hard!!( i think theres mods for more smoke too) end of the day, it comes down to how much you smoke and personal choice.

a passthrough is a device that plugs straight into a usb port and uses that to power your e-cig. so if your at a computer all day, you dont need a battery. pretty handy kit,( cant get em for an 8084 yet :()

ok, you got 2 types of batteries. Automatic, where there are sensors that activate the battery when you draw on your e-cig. very touchy, but they work, and Manual where there is an actual switch on the battery that you press when you need a hit. like a button on a laser pointer.

i bought my kit from ruyan direct . No dramas at all. got here in 11 days (including weekends) cleared customs. but shop around, you may find a better dealsomewhere else.

righto, i can definitely say, by a promo pack that has at least 2 full cigs in it, all the chargers, a case and 50 cartridges in it. also by a bottle(or seven) of juice. that would be the bare minimum. top line would be two full kits, 5 bottles of juice and maybe 5 or 10 atomonizers. that should keep you out of trouble for a while. Seriously though you will love this **** so at least get one bottle of fluid when you get a kit.

Above all best advice ive got is to READ THIS FORUM. just browse for a week or two. there is info all over the place, and you always find quirky tips in some random post.( how to get more smoke from your mini, in the tutorial section)

enjoy it these things really are the bomb- everyone at my office wants one.

ive been puffing the mini all day 2 batts and 3 carts. has a good hit, and spins you if you sit there puffing. batts need careful monitoring though :)

definitely don't just buy a starter kit on its own.

It will keep you going for a couple weeks but suddenly your single atomiser will die and you'll have no e-cig while waiting on you next order to come through.

As long as your starter kit contains at least 2 batteries they will last you a while. (Use one, charge the other, then swap em over)
but if you're out and about a lot I would recommend at least 6 batteries in rotation so you can carry several charged ones while you are out of home.

I (like most) would recommend sticking with manual batteries. They are easier to control (don't need to do a small 'primer-puff' to get the atty going like you do with autos) and they don't randomly switch on when you're in a windy environment.

Buy several extra atomisers (at least 2-3) and definitely get your hands on some juice. Pre-filled carts don't last anywhere near long enough and are comparatively expensive.

I would suggest getting a white 510 (it looks fairly similar to a long cigarette with a white filter) if you really want something that's not going to get a lot of attention.

I haven't seen better prices than Ruyandirect.com but then again I haven't shopped around a whole lot.

for a sh!tload of good reviews on e-cigs search for: igetcha69 (on youtube)
that guy's favourite e-cig is the 510 (called "titan" in the review video)

Psyc

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sydney, Australia
The polls on this site indicate the 510 is good, but this doesn't look like a cigarette so i want something as good as the 510 but looks like a cigarette.
Read the Newbie forum. There's plenty of discussion about the "look and feel" side of things. I love both my PVs, and neither look like real cigs.

Whats a good site to buy from? i'm obviously in Australia.
I can personally vouch for the service from eastmall.net. Cheap shipping AND fast delivery. Five days (including weekend) to Sydney.

Upon my first purchase should i buy more accessories like atomizers or batteries or cartridges in addition to what comes with the starter kit?
At a minimum - three atomizers, three batteries. If available, and if you spend a lot of time in front of the PC, substitute one battery for a USB passthrough. If the model you choose allows for refillable cartridges (most do) don't bother with pre-filled ones. Just buy some blanks and some juice. I have about 13 of the pre-filled ones I haven't touched. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread