Status
Not open for further replies.

MarisaLee

Mar 24, 2018
Hey everyone. Just signed up. Not really sure how all this works but I'm a kinda new caper and I have a lot of questions. Hoping I could get some help here. I'm having issues with flavor. I feel like when I started vaping I got so much more flavor. I've tried different mods, coils,tanks and I'm not getting any significant changes. Started smoking cigs again, once in a while, thinking that when I went back I would start tasting again but it's not happening . Any suggestions?

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You can get Vapor's Tongue at any point in time. I've been vaping for 6 years and still get it about once a year. I just vape through the period and it passes.

If you are vaping just 1 or 2 different flavors, maybe switch to something new. Make sure you practice good oral hygeine, including the tongue. Be sure to stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids, a dry mouth inhibits your sense of taste. Exhale some of your vapor through your nose, as your sense of smell contibutes to your sense of taste.

I would never return to smoking, its just too difficult to quit.

Vaper's Tongue: What is it and what can be done?
The Dreaded Vaper’s Tongue: What is it, what causes it and how to cure it

Last edited:

MarisaLee

Mar 24, 2018
You can get Vapor's Tongue at any point in time. I've been vaping for 6 years and still get it about once a year. I just vape through the period and it passes.

If you are vaping just 1 or 2 different flavors, maybe switch to something new. Make sure you practice good oral hygeine, including the tongue. Be sure to stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids, a dry mouth inhibits your sense of taste. Exhale some of your vapor through your nose, as your sense of smell contibutes to your sense of taste.

I would never return to smoking, its just too difficult to quit.

Vaper's Tongue: What is it and what can be done?
The Dreaded Vaper’s Tongue: What is it, what causes it and how to cure it

MarisaLee

Mar 24, 2018
Yes, I've read about that too. I brush my teeth and tongue. And yes, I stick to 2 flavors. Maybe that's my problem. But I'm having a hard time finding flavors I like and I've spent so much money on vape juice with no luck. I have so many flavors that I don't like. I guess I'm just out of luck. Thanks for your help though. I do appreciate it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi, Welcome to ECF. I hope that you find some answers here. It would help if you could let us know what you've tried, and if anything has "worked" better than anything else. For example, have you been vaping sub0hm only, or have you tried lower power, higher nicotine setups too? What flavors and equipment have you tried, and etc.

It does take time to "land" on that great setup, further complicated by detox issues and the possibility of vaper's tongue striking and etc. With that said, once you provide more information, the better we will be able to help you. I could "recommend" a lot of things but ATM I have no idea what types of equipment you have used, what wattage ranges, flavors, nicotine level and etc. Sometimes a large change is needed to reach vape "nirvana" and sometimes it's a small variable that needs tweaking. I started out this time as a sub0hm vaper "by default" as my kiddo gifted me his setup when he quit vaping and I thoroughly had a miserable time. I do better with higher resistance, higher nicotine levels, and less vapor per puff. But, that's me. Your needs may be entirely different.

The good news is that you can get a lot of help and information to hopefully steer you in the right direction, but we need a bit of information and a starting point, from you as well.

But most of all, welcome! I am sure you can transition to vaping successfully with the right support and help. We all want you to succeed! :)

Anna

Reactions: Baditude

MarisaLee

Mar 24, 2018
Hi, Welcome to ECF. I hope that you find some answers here. It would help if you could let us know what you've tried, and if anything has "worked" better than anything else. For example, have you been vaping sub0hm only, or have you tried lower power, higher nicotine setups too? What flavors and equipment have you tried, and etc.

It does take time to "land" on that great setup, further complicated by detox issues and the possibility of vaper's tongue striking and etc. With that said, once you provide more information, the better we will be able to help you. I could "recommend" a lot of things but ATM I have no idea what types of equipment you have used, what wattage ranges, flavors, nicotine level and etc. Sometimes a large change is needed to reach vape "nirvana" and sometimes it's a small variable that needs tweaking. I started out this time as a sub0hm vaper "by default" as my kiddo gifted me his setup when he quit vaping and I thoroughly had a miserable time. I do better with higher resistance, higher nicotine levels, and less vapor per puff. But, that's me. Your needs may be entirely different.

The good news is that you can get a lot of help and information to hopefully steer you in the right direction, but we need a bit of information and a starting point, from you as well.

But most of all, welcome! I am sure you can transition to vaping successfully with the right support and help. We all want you to succeed! :)

Anna
hi welcome to ecf,what strength nic are you vaping?and what atomizer and wattage have you tried

Well, I'm vaping either .3 or 0. Trying to get off the mix. I use the baby beast sub ohm and keep wattage between 55 - 65. However, I do use a vaporesso atomizer as well.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hmm... well, you could have "flavor fatigue" where if you've been vaping similar flavors for a while, they all start tasting "blah."

You also have the option to try a MTL (higher resistance tank) to see if that improves your experience. You'd probably need to raise your nicotine, possibly use a higher PG level (and PG is a flavor carrier) and be vaping at lower wattage.

You can try a MTL tank fairly inexpensively and just use it on one of the mods you have now. If you find out you love MTL vaping, well, the worst outcome would be having stellar battery life, due to your reduced wattage needs.

To be honest, one of my most flavorful vapes is an Ego Mega One V2 tank (4 ml capacity) but you have to get the right coil for the tank, which would be the Joytech CLR coils, I use the 1.0 resistance coil. These coils are flavor machines, have great longevity, and can easily be rewicked and rebuilt. They're inexpensive. Many folks starting out with MTL vaping will use a Nautilus 2 tank, also fairly inexpensive. You may love it or hate it, but worst case you'd have a "stealth" tank if you ever needed it.

Reading more closely your post though... .It went like this? You STOPPED all cigarette use, then vapes started tasting flat and THEN you returned to dual use? Because if so, I'm starting to think that you may have acquired vaper's tongue, and the frustration of it (and not knowing about it) got you smoking again.

If so, you're just going to need to return to vaping fully. You will have to vape through vapers tongue (I did). You can try chewing on lemon zest, smelling fresh ground coffee beans, and trying rather potent juices like cinnamon or menthol. Your other option is to just wait. Often, folks will vape unflavored during that time, as without the "expectation" of taste, it's less frustrating. It does pass. You may have prolonged yours by returning to the occasional cigarette, or you may have to pass that way again, it depends. Most of all, repeat to yourself, "This will pass, this will pass." Continuing to dual use will prolong it.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Baditude

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks, I hope so. I feel like I need to learn about wattage and all that stuff, so o.j. trying. Thank you!!!!
Welcome and glad you joined.
The wattage and ohms question may be answered here:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...re-and-lower-resistance.706656/#post-16692106
I have read that Sub ohm'g is primarily for folks who enjoy DL and clouds along with flavor. This type of vaping takes a bit of knowledge.
Might like to read some commentaries on sub-ohm vaping:
What Ohms should I choose?
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/how-is-sub-ohm-vaping-dangerous.462202/
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
https://spinfuel.com/sub-ohm-vaping/

• Informative

MarisaLee

Mar 24, 2018
Hmm... well, you could have "flavor fatigue" where if you've been vaping similar flavors for a while, they all start tasting "blah."

You also have the option to try a MTL (higher resistance tank) to see if that improves your experience. You'd probably need to raise your nicotine, possibly use a higher PG level (and PG is a flavor carrier) and be vaping at lower wattage.

You can try a MTL tank fairly inexpensively and just use it on one of the mods you have now. If you find out you love MTL vaping, well, the worst outcome would be having stellar battery life, due to your reduced wattage needs.

To be honest, one of my most flavorful vapes is an Ego Mega One V2 tank (4 ml capacity) but you have to get the right coil for the tank, which would be the Joytech CLR coils, I use the 1.0 resistance coil. These coils are flavor machines, have great longevity, and can easily be rewicked and rebuilt. They're inexpensive. Many folks starting out with MTL vaping will use a Nautilus 2 tank, also fairly inexpensive. You may love it or hate it, but worst case you'd have a "stealth" tank if you ever needed it.

Reading more closely your post though... .It went like this? You STOPPED all cigarette use, then vapes started tasting flat and THEN you returned to dual use? Because if so, I'm starting to think that you may have acquired vaper's tongue, and the frustration of it (and not knowing about it) got you smoking again.

If so, you're just going to need to return to vaping fully. You will have to vape through vapers tongue (I did). You can try chewing on lemon zest, smelling fresh ground coffee beans, and trying rather potent juices like cinnamon or menthol. Your other option is to just wait. Often, folks will vape unflavored during that time, as without the "expectation" of taste, it's less frustrating. It does pass. You may have prolonged yours by returning to the occasional cigarette, or you may have to pass that way again, it depends. Most of all, repeat to yourself, "This will pass, this will pass." Continuing to dual use will prolong it.

Best of luck,

Anna
I would like to try the my tank, what exactly is that?

• Optimistic

rfit

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2014
Vic Australia
I would like to try the my tank, what exactly is that?
mtl tank or mouth to lung tank is a differant design to a sub ohm tank,it is usualy used at a much lower power wattage (i use 12 watts) the juice is usually used at a higher nic (i use 6 to 18 mg nic) the air intake control is a much smaller hole (1 to 2mm) it feels more like pulling a draw on a cig,so you pull the vapour into your mouth for 4 seconds or so,then you inhale into your lungs
popular mtl tanks are aspire nautilus 2 and Ego Mega One V2
Aspire Nautilus 2

you should be able to use them on your existing battery mod,just reduce the wattage a lot

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread