Newby (to modding) question about pcc battery in a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayblkky

Dec 20, 2010
Kentucky
I am absolutely awed by the ideas in this forum. I have been looking for a mod that is capable of integrated charging. I would like one capable of charging via usb like the hotbox and bartelby, but really want to do this myself because I love making things and tinkering.

As I look at my desk, I see a pcc by v4l which I never use. It already has in use and charge complete lights....could I gut this and use it in a box mod? It would be perfect, has the usb connection, and wired to fit a connector.

input (charging) 4.5-6v dc
output DC 4.2v 200ma
Would this work? Please help, I know little about batteries. Thanks in advance!

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
The battery inside the pcc is blue, rectangular, and is 1200 mah. Is this Lithium polymer? It looks to be the perfect size for box modding.

Yes, it's likely a LiPo battery. They're usually good for at least 2C which means it can handle up to 2.4A, fine for a standard resistance atomizer, even an LR at 2 ohms. A PCC is going to have two charging circuits, one for the PCC battery and one for the e-cig battery it charges. You could leave the PCC charging circuit intact then remove the e-cig charging stuff, replacing it with a switch and atomizer connector to the battery. Don't see why it wouldn't work, but the difficulty involved is going to depend on how it's constructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread