• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New'ish' to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadVape

Nov 10, 2015
hi all

I got into vaping about a year ago but that lasted all but a week (didn't really put my all into it and was using a fairly cheap e-cig with high quality juice (now I realise that was my problem) - i have recently got back into it and have been smoke free for 2 weeks, in that short time I have upgraded my tank to a dripper (atty cube 3) on a ITasteMVP 3.0 but i plan to upgrade to an X CUBE II when I feel confident with choosing coils and such

I am currently using premade tiger wire coils at 3.0ohms ranging between 40-60w depending on juice (some seem better lower or higher)

My main question is how long should the coils last me, I'm priming them before use and getting them to glow evenly (just about) but it seems after a few days it isn't as nice anymore, i thought they were supposed to last a little longer, the cotton I am changing every couple of days, I have heard of silica wick and other materials I could be using and was wondering if there is anything more beneficial to my dropper? Sometimes I'm just not getting enough "clouds" even at 60w and am constantly vaping from morning till night, a bottle of hemlocks is lasting me 2 days at £15 and to curb my spending I bought some cheaper (higher PG) liquid and added more VG but it tastes disgusting and I don't like the after taste from it so I'm back on my hemlocks, I am on 3mg strength and anything higher isn't enjoyable for me

Every now and then I feel like giving up again and starting to smoke again but so far I have not given in to that demon, my health has been the best it's ever been since vaping and that is what is keeping me going

Anyways that's my story, just looking for any advice or tips or anything that the more experienced think I should know as there's only so many questions I can ask my local shop before they start using me as furniture

Reactions: Pearl B

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I've been vaping for a few years and have never bothered much with higher wattages, etc. Maybe just try lower ohm coils and if you arent building your own coils yet but want big clouds get something like a kanger subtank which could help?

I generally use cartotanks with 1.5ohm dual coil cartos at about 12W and get tons of flavour, but never big clouds (if clouds are important to you i wouldnt bother with cartos).

You are right about the length of time they last though - some claim that they get weeks out of their coils, but no matter what the carto or atty i use, its never more than a week, and if i was using that carto/atty exclusively then the flavour would definitely drop after a couple of days. If you are just using one or two attys then maybe just try buying more and rotating them throughout the day. I never have any less than 6 or 7 on the go at one time.

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
If you're going through 30ml of juice in 2 days then I'm not surprised you're going through coils quickly. Don't think about the time that coils last but the amount of juice that goes through them - 30ml is about average for coil length I should think. It also makes a difference how dark your juice is - lighter juice is easier on coils and darker can considerably reduce coil life.

BreadVape

Nov 10, 2015
Thanks guys, to be honest I'm finding my coils are now lasting me a lot longer even with vaping so much juice, about once I week I will remove the cotton and almost "wash" the coils while heating them and they almost go back to how they originally look, I think it took me a while to get used to how it all works and since learning this trick for myself a coil is now lasting me 3-4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread