NextGen Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The 3 x 34 g just didn't pan out. So I went back to the 2 x 32 g until I get some different ribbon to try. I don't have any real genesis atty experience, so I don't know what the difference is between the NG and another genie atty but I suspect the NG design will always be limited by the heat sink effect- the price paid for having that centrally located post. But if having that type center post means not having to tip it and to be leak-free, it's a good tradeoff for how I vape. That's if I understand how a regular genesis atty works. But like TD mentioned, making the center post non conductive except for the attachment points for the coil and battery would make the NG as close to perfect as it can be.

Off topic, I have a Kraken that I've always wicked using rayon. I think I'll dust it off and try a mesh build on it... :thumb:
I need some 0.8mm ribbon as I have 0.5mm and 0.3 is just too close to wire in size.

One of the best Genny's for flavor you will find is the Origen Genesis, you can build it single or dual with cotton, mesh or SS cable, I have the V2 but there is a MK II now that has some nice improvements.

The Tobeco one gets high ratings as basically a 1:1 version. They are out of stock on the 6ml version but have the 4ml.
ORIGIN V2 GENESIS MKII (4ml & 6ml OPTIONS) STYLE RBA RTA REBUILDABLE T | kanVape

FiF has the 6ml but we are not sure who makes that one.
Origen Genesis MK2 6ML Atomizer Clone / Genesis Dual Coil Tank / Origen Genesis MK2 Tank Clone

You owe it to yourself to check it out, I love the V2 and need to get a MKII but there are just too many atty's on the want list. ;)

Yes I have a Brass Kraken as well that I broke the tank on the first day trying to get it apart, so replacement tanks are inbound and it will get an EOC build when they arrive. (Ekowool Over Stainless Steel Cable) :)

Reactions: cobalt327

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Well, it's official- I have retired my Nextgen. I'll no doubt revisit it some time down the road- I believe it has a lot of potential, but so far I've pretty much failed to exploit that potential. The EOM build comes close, but compared to my other daily-use attys it falls short.

Is there such a thing as hollow ceramic wick- like the FC-2000 Ceramic Wick KP sells, except w/a hole through it?

Reactions: TrollDragon

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Is there such a thing as hollow ceramic wick- like the FC-2000 Ceramic Wick KP sells, except w/a hole through it?

I have never seen a hollow ceramic wick....but if you get a temp controlled mod and use nickel wire....the ss mesh acts like its ceramic (non conducting). Every time i have done a build on the Nextgen using nickel wire all the coils glow evenly from the start....and the taste is exceptional.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
I need to make a decision on which mod to use as a recipient for one of the GB Evolv boards I got a while back. I have a DNA Zero clone in excellent condition with a board that fires continuously as soon as a battery is installed- it hasn't responded to any attempts at fixing it, so it's my first choice. The other option is a ZNA I bought dead. It had gotten wet but after drying it out in the oven it works perfectly- except the screen is so dim that it's basically unusable. So it's my second choice.

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Those of you who use Ekowool...

... have you considered trying to get ekowool on the inside of the mesh? Sounds tricky, but it may not be that hard. Cut open a drinking straw. Roll around the metal wicking thingy that comes with the Nextgen. Thread ekowool, roll mesh, install in atty, pull straw. Been thinking of trying it myself, but I can't find my ekowool. I may have given it away at some point.

While I have enjoyed my Nextgen clone, it doesn't look like it will make it into daily rotation. My main qualms are the "blind build" and the lack of easy access to the wick'n coil. As in, having to drain the tank and pick it apart. By "blind build" I mean you do your build and install it, then close it off before getting to see how it holds up. We all know mesh wicks may need a round or two of pushes and prods after installation - not to mention it's nice being able to test and see wicking at work before losing access to pushing and prodding.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Nice nice. Must admit I wasn't expecting miracles :p

Would love to see a gennie without the usual center post setup. I know there are a couple, but haven't seen any quite like what I'm thinking. Just two solid connectors going to the deck - not the standard positive center post - everything else negative. Wish I had a CNC machine. And design skills... and materials... and knowledge... and an actual idea :p

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I recieved the following Nextgen from FT:

$12.47 NextGen Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter / 4ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I really recommend it. It has far better airflow options than previous versions of the Nextgen. You can get as much airflow as most anyone would need in a genny. It is the only genesis atomizer I have that I didn't need to drill out. The largest airflow is very similar to the airflow you get with the Veritas or Marquis. The only downside vs this and other versions of the nextgen is that it doesn't come with a rod that you can use for wrapping the the mesh. If you already have a Nexteg and want a spare....this is a no brainer.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Those of you who use Ekowool...

... have you considered trying to get ekowool on the inside of the mesh? Sounds tricky, but it may not be that hard. Cut open a drinking straw. Roll around the metal wicking thingy that comes with the Nextgen. Thread ekowool, roll mesh, install in atty, pull straw. Been thinking of trying it myself, but I can't find my ekowool. I may have given it away at some point.

While I have enjoyed my Nextgen clone, it doesn't look like it will make it into daily rotation. My main qualms are the "blind build" and the lack of easy access to the wick'n coil. As in, having to drain the tank and pick it apart. By "blind build" I mean you do your build and install it, then close it off before getting to see how it holds up. We all know mesh wicks may need a round or two of pushes and prods after installation - not to mention it's nice being able to test and see wicking at work before losing access to pushing and prodding.

That sounds like an excellent idea for a build, I only have 2.5mm as the smallest Ekowool which is way too large to use, I tried it and it would not wick. I need to find a small piece of 1mm or 1.5mm hollow and check this out. I see great possibilities here.
:toast:

I use the NG in my daily rotation now since the JB Weld fix and EOM with Ribbon build. The flavor is great and the MaxVG juice in it wicks well if you be sure to take a strong pull from it with the biggest air holes. If you tootle puff then it will give a dry hit, not as bad a cotton but still dry, hot and metallic. :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

$12.47 NextGen Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter / 4ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I really recommend it. It has far better airflow options than previous versions of the Nextgen. You can get as much airflow as most anyone would need in a genny. It is the only genesis atomizer I have that I didn't need to drill out. The largest airflow is very similar to the airflow you get with the Veritas or Marquis. The only downside vs this and other versions of the nextgen is that it doesn't come with a rod that you can use for wrapping the the mesh. If you already have a Nexteg and want a spare....this is a no brainer.
Looks great but I am going to pass on any new ones till a genuine Yeashmo surfaces or Hotcig decides to make one. ;)

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Before trying the Ecowool over the center post followed by mesh and then the coil, I did what is shown here (images from link above). It did not wick very good for me- after just one pull I'd have to wait awhile before I could take another pull, else I'd get a dry hit. And if I took a long draw, it would run out of juice at the end. But who knows- maybe someone else will have better results.

P1160490.jpg

P1160496.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

The Ekowool only wick I tried a while back would not wick juice either, worked great if you primed it with juice then it just went dry. I would try this with smaller diameter hollow wick.

But, looking through that thread there is a link to these, which would possibly work. They are for the In'Ax but might be adaptable.

INAX Dripper Ceramic Wicks

Reactions: cobalt327

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California

Is that a PEEK insulator I see?

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Looks great but I am going to pass on any new ones till a genuine Yeashmo surfaces or Hotcig decides to make one. ;)

I go a Yeashmo Nextgen and the one at FT is just as good. The only reason I think this is the best is because it has a much better airflow options. If you are happy with the ariflow of the Nextgen you have then there is no point in getting this one. But for me the Nextgen vapes a whole lot better with more airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread