Nic base premixed with PG/VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxdenVixen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Parker, CO USA
I recently bought some "create your own" flavorings from ECBlends along with flavorless nic base already mixed with PG/VG at 6 mg nic to get the end product to have 3 mg of nic. They are steeping now and I will give them a try in a couple of weeks. However, the deadline is coming up and I learned that this company will still sell flavoring combos since they can be used in cooking, baking, candle making, etc. I want to buy a good supply of the premixed flavorless and have been shopping around. One place had a gallon premixed for about $80. My husband, who does not vape said to buy the premixed in separate bottles that I can just take and add flavoring to it but it seems like I would have to buy a heck of a lot of bottles instead of a gallon jug or three! What would people here recommend doing? I think it would be nice if brick and mortar shops had the option of DYI supplies so I wouldn't have to go into bankruptcy to maintain my vaping habit and not have to go back to cigarettes.

Reactions: smacuser

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I'm not sure if I completely understood what you were asking.
But, if I got it right, you should understand that premixed nicotine base does age and discolor unless it's kept in a freezer.
So, you have to have room in the freezer for it. A gallon jug or several are big. Smaller bottles might be easier to store. Many people do think that for long term storage (in a freezer) it's best to have the nic solution in glass instead of plastic.
Comes down to your freezing capacity.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I want to buy a good supply of the premixed flavorless and have been shopping around.
    One place had a gallon premixed for about $80

Heartland is $78 for 1 gallon of 6mg. Free shipping for orders over $50. they are generally the cheapest for nic base.
    6mg Nicotine Liquid Solution - Wholesale and DIY Heartlandvapes Wholesale

But your best bet in terms of storage space and economics is 100mg, like @smacuser said.
    100mg Liquid Nicotine Solution - Wholesale and DIY Heartlandvapes Wholesale

FoxdenVixen

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2014
    Parker, CO USA
    Buying 100mg would be the nic strength? So straight nic without the VG/PG added already? I know there are a bunch of calculators out there to help with figuring out things but the whole process of doing it myself is very intimidating to me. I vape 5 different flavors all day every day. That is why I thought the premixed would be the best option for me. I used to buy my liquids in 60 ml bottles that would last me quite a while since I do vape 5 different flavors so I am not going through one flavor super fast.
    I use Aspire tanks and ego style batteries because that is what works for me.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Wear gloves when mixing, then. Not so much with 100 mg ;)
    Not really needed. I mixed up some base this week and got some nic on my fingers. Finished measuring the nic before washing them and didn't get any sort of head rush or ill feeling. Not saying gloves aren't a good idea but plain ole common sense is adequate imo.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: smacuser

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Buying 100mg would be the nic strength? So straight nic without the VG/PG added already?

No, what you are buying is 6mg which is the same as saying 6mg/ml which is the same as saying 0.6%.

100mg is 100mg/ml which is the same as saying 10%.

100% would be 1,000mg/ml.

When you buy 100mg from heartland, you will be given the option to buy it as PG base, VG base or 50/50. Other stores give more options I think.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Buying 100mg would be the nic strength? So straight nic without the VG/PG added already? I know there are a bunch of calculators out there to help with figuring out things but the whole process of doing it myself is very intimidating to me. I vape 5 different flavors all day every day. That is why I thought the premixed would be the best option for me. I used to buy my liquids in 60 ml bottles that would last me quite a while since I do vape 5 different flavors so I am not going through one flavor super fast.
    I use Aspire tanks and ego style batteries because that is what works for me.
    Nic comes diluted with pg, vg ,or both. Most nic vendors are oos of pg base nic. VG base is a bit harder to work with and you'll want a large bore syringe needle but doable, just takes a bit longer. Undiluted nic is very dangerous and toxic. That's why you have to have some sort of license to purchase it. What's available to us is highly diluted.

FoxdenVixen

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2014
    Parker, CO USA
    I am beyond confused now. I am being told for economic reasons to buy 100 mg nic base. So does that mean I would use less of it in the mixture?
    This is what I just did a few days ago for my first time of "mixing" my own. I bought 60 ml of 6mg flavorless nic base with PG/VG added. Then I bought 60 ml of a flavoring mixture of strawberry and cake batter. I bought an empty 128 ml bottle and dumped both 60 ml bottles in the 128 ml bottle. I am shaking it every day and letting it sit in a cool dark place for 1 to 2 weeks. I guess mixing the 6mg with the flavoring dilutes the nic further to get it to 3mg.
    Is this where the calculator comes in to figure out how much nic base to add to get 3mg strength for the end product?

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I am beyond confused now. I am being told for economic reasons to buy 100 mg nic base. So does that mean I would use less of it in the mixture?

Less than 1/10th the amount.

This is what I just did a few days ago for my first time of "mixing" my own. I bought 60 ml of 6mg flavorless nic base with PG/VG added. Then I bought 60 ml of a flavoring mixture of strawberry and cake batter. I bought an empty 128 ml bottle and dumped both 60 ml bottles in the 128 ml bottle.

Are you saying your mix is 50% flavor? No....
    Your flavors should add up to between 10%-20% max.

I am shaking it every day and letting it sit in a cool dark place for 1 to 2 weeks. I guess mixing the 6mg with the flavoring dilutes the nic further to get it to 3mg.

I'm still curious about your ratios. What brand of flavor did you get and where did you get it?
    EC Blends?

Is this where the calculator comes in to figure out how much nic base to add to get 3mg strength for the end product?

I use the website called "e Liquid Recipes . com", there are plenty others.

• Agree
    Reactions: Letitia

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    DIY E-liquid | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Is the calculator I use, I find it simple and straight forward.
    Stick to what you feel most comfortable with. The issue now is the coming shipping ban and the fact you will no longer be able to order nic base online and have it shipped to you hence the suggestions to order a higher mg nic base and mix it down to the level you use and that is smart because your supply will last a lot longer. If you do buy a higher mg nic base you will also have to buy VG and PG separately to mix in your eliquid along with your flavoring.
    DIY intimidates the heck out of me too, I have always bought prepare flavored eliquid at 18mg nic and added VG and PG to bring the nic level to 3mg. Handling 100mg nic and making my own still intimidates me, I'm still confused on how to figure out how much flavoring to add but the calculator helps with that. A lot of very knowledgeable people here can help you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread