Using premixed base when mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabos

Jul 8, 2018
Hi folks,

Going to order stuff to make e-juice soon but I have a question about using premixed bases.
I intended to buy seperate VG and PG bottles so that I could make 70/30 mixes. Doing this works fine using online recipe calculators.

But I also came across a 70/30 premixed base. If I would use this base in my recipe, what would I have to change? Let's say I use 4% flavoring (as recommended for this particular flavor) in a 50ML bottle. Do I just top it off with the premixed base or do I have to re-calculate?

EDIT: The flavor's I'm using are PG based.
also 0 nic.

Reactions: jusu

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi folks,
Going to order stuff to make e-juice soon but I have a question about using premixed bases.
I intended to buy seperate VG and PG bottles so that I could make 70/30 mixes. Doing this works fine using online recipe calculators.
But I also came across a 70/30 premixed base. If I would use this base in my recipe, what would I have to change? Let's say I use 4% flavoring (as recommended for this particular flavor) in a 50ML bottle. Do I just top it off with the premixed base or do I have to re-calculate?
EDIT: The flavor's I'm using are PG based.
also 0 nic.
Not too sure of what you are asking.
"I intended to buy seperate VG and PG bottles"
Might want to use the following calculator and fill in the blanks with your flavor(s), nic, VG/PG requirements (The calc. will tell you how much VG and PG to add to fulfill your requirement).
re: E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors with PG/VG Adjusting
"But I also came across a 70/30 premixed base."
You can use the premix VG/PG. The calculator will give you the results above using separate amounts of VG and PG.
Example reading the calculator "Calculate" button: answer for a 70/30 VG/PG addition -----------------> VG 3 ml. and PG 1 ml. (which equals a total of 4 ml.VG/PG).
You would then take your premixed 70/30 VG/PG and measure out 4 ml. to add to your flavor(s) and nic.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If you put 2ml (4%) flavoring in your 50ml bottle and topped it off with 48ml of 30PG/70VG base, you would end up with a finished ratio of 33PG/67VG. (Actually 32.8/67.2).

IMO, this discrepancy from your desired ratio of 30/70 is not enough to make a noticeable difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread