Nic correlation to Marlboros

Status
Not open for further replies.

quatro

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2013
TX
Smoked Marlboros for the last 30 years. The first 15 were Reds, then switched to medium for 5 years followed by lights till Jan 2013. I am finding the 16mg e-liquid correlates pretty well to the lights, 18mg is a noticeable jump in throat hit and nic buzz so I am calling it medium level. 24mg is definitely the Marlboro Red level. How are yall finding the e-liquid to analog mic correlation based on your experience?

Been vaping for over a month and the only thing I don't like is the fact that I just switched instead of years ago :)

It seems to vary. I smoked an ultra-light (what most people called "air" when they drew on it). I started at 22 mg/ml and I've recently gone down to 18. I needed it to quit.

Mom smoked a heavier cigarette than I did, the Newport, and had no issues making the change at 12 mg/ml.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I have a real hard time correlating juice to cigarettes personally. I feel the throat hit from an ecig (even lower nic juices) thrash my pipes worse than any cigarette! Obviously as far as "feeling" it goes :) I'm sure my throat appreciates the juice compared to the massive tar clouds!
It seems like you may be direct-inhaling to your lungs. Try gently drawing the vapor into your mouth, kinda like slowly drinking from a straw. Then breath it in instead of swallowing. If you already do that, try lowering the amount of PG to reduce throat hit. :)

Tanti

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Nebraska
I smoked red 100s over a pack a day, started with 18mg and went up to 24 mg which im at still now. I vape 1 to 1.5 ml a day. I started with tobacco flavorings and I hated the taste, went to fruit, sweet flavors, along with licorice also. Big red gum is really good to. Ive moved so far away from the craving of wanting an analog just in 2 months. I think the trick is not to go to fast going down in nicotine, take your time, get to the point of not even thinking of analogs anymore then start working down little at a time. You want your brain to make that change from having to have the analog to wanting to have the PV instead. I think at that point your not addicted to "the cig" anymore.

nosaint

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Memphis
I went from 1 ppd or so of marlboro menthol lights to 12mg. That was a little light, but the 18mg was too much. I also vaped constantly the first 2-3 days, but then it eased up. Down to 4mg now after one month. I think I'm rushing it too much, so I'll stay at this level for awhile, unless I go crazy and start cutting it again like I did going from 8 to 7 to 5 in less than a week.

From what I can tell, everyone is different, but in general the 12-15mg seems to be in the "light" range, while 18 or 24 is in the "regular" range.

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I don't think there really is a correlation between them. "Full flavor" to "lights" is only indicative of the flavor, not to the quantity of nicotine, tar, or other chemicals. At least that's what the manufacturers are required to state in their disclaimers. Perhaps they use different tobaccos in different levels. I don't really know. But the only real difference I've ever noticed is filter size or the amount of those tiny holes punched around the filters.

But I assume the amount of nicotine we absorb depends more on our smoking habits from the length of the draw to the depth of the inhale to the time of the exhale than the type of cigarette we smoked. If you've ever noticed, when PV or liquid vendors describe a bottle of juice being equal to a carton of cigarettes (which I think is bogus, but anyway...), they never ask whether we smoked lights or full flavor; nor have I ever heard them say 8 mg juice is equal to half a carton and 24 mg = 3 cartons. That leads me to believe that it doesn't really matter what we smoked or whatever. It's more of a matter of what strength juice makes us feel satisfied.

This is just my opinion. I know little to nothing about the actual science and chemistry behind smoking or vaping. Perhaps someone else will differ from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread