Nic juice question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataliya

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tampa, FL
I see a site where I can buy 60mg unflavored juice. It's made with PG but can be made with up to 80% VG.

That Hackomatic calculator...is that made knowing that your commercial e-liquid already has PG/VG in it, or is that made with the idea that you are starting with pure liquid nicotine with nothing added? I ask, because it asks the strength of your commercial liquid, but you're still adding PG and/or VG.

Sorry if that's a dumb question, I just want to make 100% sure I'm going in to this with as much understanding as I can.

dawgcrazy

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio
I see a site where I can buy 60mg unflavored juice. It's made with PG but can be made with up to 80% VG.

That Hackomatic calculator...is that made knowing that your commercial e-liquid already has PG/VG in it, or is that made with the idea that you are starting with pure liquid nicotine with nothing added? I ask, because it asks the strength of your commercial liquid, but you're still adding PG and/or VG.

Sorry if that's a dumb question, I just want to make 100% sure I'm going in to this with as much understanding as I can.

The calculators are meant to be used knowing that your nic liquid is either PG or VG or a mix of both. The reason for the calculator is so you can calculate how much PG or VG you want to add to it IF you want to cut it down...and how much flavoring you are adding...so you can get the desired nic strength.

I don't think anyone here uses pure nicotine liquid...at least I sure hope not.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia

Dowgcrazy is correct. Perhaps the units are the confusion. 60 mg means 60mg of nic per mL. Pure nic is very toxic, and as far as I know, only vendors that make their own juices to sell use it. The calculators that I know of use only some unflavored nic-juice with PG or VG as the solvent for the nic.

And if this is your first attempt at working with high-nic juice for DIY, I would advise getting 48 mg or lower, at least until you learn how to handle it safely and properly. Getting 60 mg on you can make you sick if you are not careful, and a large spill is a disaster of hazmat proportions. I'm a chemist, and I started with 36 mg until I had learned how to work with it properly, as few liquids in organic chemistry are as thick and sticky as PG or VG. When you start out, things will get messy. Good luck, and stay safe!

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Thanks, guys. I don't know why buying 36 or 24mg and flavoring it never occured to me.

I'd like Xtremevapings (awesome prices!!) 36mg, but I can't get a mix of PG and VG. I'd like at least a bit of VG for good vapor. Hm...gonna go look around some more...

Chris at My FreedomSmokes make outstanding unflavored nic juice, and will do a PG, VG, or mix to your request, for levels you are considering. He's having a 50% off sale now I think. Some of the best nic juice you can get, truly. He has a huge following, and I have a bunch of it.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...5822-50-off-un-flavored-smoke-juice-sale.html

Fataliya

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tampa, FL
Chris at My FreedomSmokes make outstanding unflavored nic juice, and will do a PG, VG, or mix to your request, for levels you are considering. He's having a 50% off sale now I think. Some of the best nic juice you can get, truly. He has a huge following, and I have a bunch of it.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...5822-50-off-un-flavored-smoke-juice-sale.html

Thanks, Kurt! I'm gonna go check that out now...

ETA: Woah, glad I read the last page of the sale thread. I had 500ml sitting in my cart and was about to order when I read that the sale ended on Sunday. =(

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Thanks, Kurt! I'm gonna go check that out now...

ETA: Woah, glad I read the last page of the sale thread. I had 500ml sitting in my cart and was about to order when I read that the sale ended on Sunday. =(

Oops! Sorry about that! I pay less attention to his sales now since I'm pretty stocked. Give it a couple weeks. He has them quite often. Or get a smaller amount to play around with. His prices are quite good even without a sale. 0.5L is a lot of any juice to manage properly. I went from 30 mL bottles to 250 mL in a jar, then 2 more of those, then 0.5L of 100 mg from Chris. Each size had its own challenges, so starting out small is best, and even without the sale his stuff is so good I would recommend trying some.

Fataliya

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tampa, FL
Oops! Sorry about that! I pay less attention to his sales now since I'm pretty stocked. Give it a couple weeks. He has them quite often. Or get a smaller amount to play around with. His prices are quite good even without a sale. 0.5L is a lot of any juice to manage properly. I went from 30 mL bottles to 250 mL in a jar, then 2 more of those, then 0.5L of 100 mg from Chris. Each size had its own challenges, so starting out small is best, and even without the sale his stuff is so good I would recommend trying some.

No problem, Kurt. I'm infamous for blindly ordering things without reading fine print, etc. Luckily, I've never had anything bad happen.

I think I'll most likely end up ordering from Xtremevaper. His prices are good and he comes highly praised. I just need to figure out what mg nicotine to order, since I plan on getting PG nic juice and adding Glycerin to it for vapor production. I'll mess with that hackomatic calculator thing, see what I can come up with. Plus I'm still trying to find decent sized 6ml bottles. I guess when I finally do order, I'm gonna have to order from like...4 or 5 different places. I'm almost positive I want FlavourArt drops, so I guess I'll order from HappyVaper, because LF is sold out of almost all their FA stock.

In the meantime, I'm reading alot and window shopping, lol.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
No problem, Kurt. I'm infamous for blindly ordering things without reading fine print, etc. Luckily, I've never had anything bad happen.

I think I'll most likely end up ordering from Xtremevaper. His prices are good and he comes highly praised. I just need to figure out what mg nicotine to order, since I plan on getting PG nic juice and adding Glycerin to it for vapor production. I'll mess with that hackomatic calculator thing, see what I can come up with. Plus I'm still trying to find decent sized 6ml bottles. I guess when I finally do order, I'm gonna have to order from like...4 or 5 different places. I'm almost positive I want FlavourArt drops, so I guess I'll order from HappyVaper, because LF is sold out of almost all their FA stock.

In the meantime, I'm reading alot and window shopping, lol.

If you contact Levy at XtremeVaping directly and ask him to special mix it for you say 20% VG and 80% PG he will, he is very accommodating. He mixes what I want to spec when I ask.
Dan

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It is not a dumb question by any means. Most vendors who get their nic juice get it mixed with pg by default. Suppliers usually have to ask if they want straight nic/vg mix without any pg whatsoever. It must then be diluted with everclear or distilled water. It is true about Levy. He custom mixed my orders to the strengths and ingredients I specified. And the juice is extremely clear and potent. Simply Outstanding! I am not sure about the calculator. I simply do not use it. The interface was just too confusing to me. Standard math does the trick for me, as well as endless taste testing.

dawgcrazy

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio
Plus I'm still trying to find decent sized 6ml bottles. I guess when I finally do order, I'm gonna have to order from like...4 or 5 different places.

Candlechem.com for bottles.

Yes, you're going to find that starting out in DIY, you do order from several vendors. I've ordered from at least 7 or more LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread