Nicaholic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemini76

Mar 26, 2013
SE Georgia, USA
This is my first post here (original line I know) and has been a long time coming.

So, Hi. My name is Gemini and I'm a nicaholic (you say 'hi Gemini').

For the last 4 months (December 2012) I have been researching vaping, creeping these forums, visiting websites, lying awake at night..you get the point. I am the very definition of a person described in another thread by Rolygate like this:

50% of the beginners who actually do any research in fact do so much, for so long, they tie themselves in knots and are paralysed. It actually has a name: paralysis by analysis.
and can be referenced http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...advice-what-buy-newcomers-48.html#post2585264 <-- there.

I have been a click away on multiple occasions from buying a Kgo kit KGO kit1100mAh by SLB
only to hesitate and end up doing nothing.
I've watched hours of video from Grimmgreen, Pbusardo, Steeljan, and others. I've spent hours reading these forums. By all logic I should be a pro vaper at this point.

However, I'm not. Thoughts of cartomizers, clearomizers, CE3, CE4, tanks, atomizers, mah, phoenix, and variations of these with different names mixed with 50/50 pg or vg are mixing together in my head.

I'm not trying to ask what I am sure has been asked 1000 times already, what should I do, whats the best, where do I go, I'm not asking the same old questions. My point in saying this is just to say that I am grateful to the founders, veterans and newcomers to this forum for what I believe to be my newfound digital home for vaping. There is literally a ton of information out there that is overwhelming, especially to an over analyzer like me but I feel good knowing that there is a place I can come to sort it out, learn, and know that a vast amount of people here have been where I am now.

Now, to continue my introductory novel I will give some info on me. I am 36, live in Southeast Ga (USA) and have smoked for 22 years now. I'm ready to stop. I don't mind being addicted to Nicotine. I'm addicted to caffeine too. Doesn't bother me. From all I have read vaping is a no brainer. I can have my nicotine, and breathe again! A safer delivery system. I've tried other methods. Dip (Copenhagen, grizzly, etc..) patches, gum, you know the usuals. All of them have effects that were far worse than the vaping system.

I apologize for the length of this intro and will stop now. I only wanted to say hi and thank you for this forum and its upkeep.

caligirlINky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
hopkinsville, ky
hiya... im new here too. been vaping for 2 mos. i really thought i would have a hard time transferring from analogs. i tried the disposables a couple yrs ago and then again a yr ago without doing much research. didnt taste good and not much in the way of variations in flavor (i dnt like tobacco or cherry). my hubby took me to an ecig store. they gave me enough info to get started and spike my curiosity about what else is out there. if i had to do the research online myself first i would have been lost and probably wouldnt have switched. this time was such an easy switch and i was so excited that ive talked several family members and friends into ecigs now too. its amazing the difference in my senses of taste and smell. never had a "smokers caugh" or other visual effects of being a smoker. didnt even realize the taste/smell difference til i quit the analogs. the best thing is they dont taste or smell like a cigarette and neither do i.

you already know the benefits. just do it. then spend your research curiosity for upgrading and buying juices.

good luck and welcome to the forum.

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
This is my first post here (original line I know) and has been a long time coming.

So, Hi. My name is Gemini and I'm a nicaholic (you say 'hi Gemini').

For the last 4 months (December 2012) I have been researching vaping, creeping these forums, visiting websites, lying awake at night..you get the point. I am the very definition of a person described in another thread by Rolygate like this:

50% of the beginners who actually do any research in fact do so much, for so long, they tie themselves in knots and are paralysed. It actually has a name: paralysis by analysis.
and can be referenced http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...advice-what-buy-newcomers-48.html#post2585264 <-- there.

I have been a click away on multiple occasions from buying a Kgo kit KGO kit1100mAh by SLB
only to hesitate and end up doing nothing.
I've watched hours of video from Grimmgreen, Pbusardo, Steeljan, and others. I've spent hours reading these forums. By all logic I should be a pro vaper at this point.

However, I'm not. Thoughts of cartomizers, clearomizers, CE3, CE4, tanks, atomizers, mah, phoenix, and variations of these with different names mixed with 50/50 pg or vg are mixing together in my head.

I'm not trying to ask what I am sure has been asked 1000 times already, what should I do, whats the best, where do I go, I'm not asking the same old questions. My point in saying this is just to say that I am grateful to the founders, veterans and newcomers to this forum for what I believe to be my newfound digital home for vaping. There is literally a ton of information out there that is overwhelming, especially to an over analyzer like me but I feel good knowing that there is a place I can come to sort it out, learn, and know that a vast amount of people here have been where I am now.

Now, to continue my introductory novel I will give some info on me. I am 36, live in Southeast Ga (USA) and have smoked for 22 years now. I'm ready to stop. I don't mind being addicted to Nicotine. I'm addicted to caffeine too. Doesn't bother me. From all I have read vaping is a no brainer. I can have my nicotine, and breathe again! A safer delivery system. I've tried other methods. Dip (Copenhagen, grizzly, etc..) patches, gum, you know the usuals. All of them have effects that were far worse than the vaping system.

I apologize for the length of this intro and will stop now. I only wanted to say hi and thank you for this forum and its upkeep.
where's the adventure if you get it right the first time?, no emotional highs or lows. the second you make your first purchase, you will see the new improved model on another web page. don't sweat it. how much is it worth to you to save your life?don't even want to think about all the money i spent in the last 2 months. the only thing i know is that there is something out there that actually works. indulge this new obsession. once you go through 1 month of tobacco withdrawal, you can decide how far to take it. stop over analyzing everything. and just do it. welcome to your new life.:toast:

Gemini76

Mar 26, 2013
SE Georgia, USA
Well as luck would have it, I decide to pull the trigger and discover that the particualr supplier I was going to use only has orange and red in stock. Meh. No worries though, I think I might try the one from Elite Vaporworks Elite Vaporworks KGO Starter Kit with Boge LR Cartomizers - KGO with some green apple 24mg juice. I also saw some appealing juices from Mt. Baker Vapor USA Made Nicotine Juice, E Juice, E Liquid, Electronic Cigarette Juice. They have butterscotch:p

I'm not sure what x/x% I should be getting though, I suppose I will start out with 50/50.

swampmaster

Mar 24, 2013
Indiana
Welcome Jump in with both feet and start running, I just keep readign and reading (while I am vapeing) not totally off analog yet but from a 3 to 5 PAD down to average a PAD now I wont give up I need to order Ejuice in but but still fiqureing cost per ML its silly, I just need to decide on a 24, 36, 48, 60 or 100 and order it before i regret it. Heck I already ordered 15 bottles of Flavoring its just sitting here looking at me I hope it doesn't go bad.

Gemini76

Mar 26, 2013
SE Georgia, USA
Oh my, 3-5 pad is..well considerable. I bet you can already tell a difference. Congrats on the reduction swampmaster.

I was looking on MtBakerVapor at juices and actually had a chat with someone there, I asked for his opinion on a starting mixture and he suggested 80/20. I suppose that he knows better than I and should go with that, anyone else have an opinion on it? I know its subjective but I don't expect to get it right straight away, just a common starting point. Thanks.

swampmaster

Mar 24, 2013
Indiana
Oh my, 3-5 pad is..well considerable. I bet you can already tell a difference. Congrats on the reduction swampmaster.

I was looking on MtBakerVapor at juices and actually had a chat with someone there, I asked for his opinion on a starting mixture and he suggested 80/20. I suppose that he knows better than I and should go with that, anyone else have an opinion on it? I know its subjective but I don't expect to get it right straight away, just a common starting point. Thanks.

As a starting point on juice I am not sure as I have started with a 80/20 premix and I am breaking out in hives, not sure if it is from the juice or the excessive juice I am vapeing or the withdraw from my analogs. I my self and wanting to try some 100 percent VG as I did buy some with zero Nic and add flavor just to see if this is something i can vape for breakfast something tells me to stay away from Pg if I can or in really low levels. Just not sure how to proceed myself yet

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
This poll might interest you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread