Nicaholic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemini76

Mar 26, 2013
SE Georgia, USA
Thanks everyone!

kl567 the sore throat is gone, but I'm going to look into the butter toffee anyways. That is my favorite coffee for the Keurig.

On a side note, I think some of the harshness I was experiencing was due to me trying to vape like the guys I see on youtube. I started taking shorter, steadier hits and this particular flavor (cotton candy) tastes better and doesn't hit uncomfortably.

I don't personally know anyone that vapes so I followed what I saw on youtube and read. I bet a lot of people have had similar experiences.

kl5167

Mar 6, 2013
Florida
Take your time with it and enjoy it. I know have a couple of flavors with a lot TH and while I enjoy that at times it can be to much. So I found a few others that I like with less TH and are smoother. I would recommend getting a few different flavors in smaller sizes for now. I have found that while I have several that I like, I will have day where I just can's seem to find anything with flavor or that just kills the craving. Having a few options helps a lot.

As for not having anyone around with experience, I completely understand that. I just decided that it was time to quit smoking and did my research on the internet. Ordered what I thought would be good and keep working with and refining it a little at a time. I did a lot researching, looking at reviews and looking through the forum here before I bought anything. This place has helped a lot. Even if it was just reading about someone else success or the advice form others here. Keep a positive outlook and keep looking for ways to make things better for you.

kl5167

Mar 6, 2013
Florida
It is a good way to start. Find a couple and see how it goes. I know I have a lot of different flavors, but I should have bought a few in the lower nic content. I am using 18mg and that worked to get me off the analogs. But now I am thinking I would like to lower it 11-12mg. Some days I think I over do it on the nic. But I am working on that hopefully by mid week my lower stuff will show up. Mail for me takes about 10 days. I did plan things well so far but should have gotten a few in the lower rating as well. I find myself sometimes just vaping because I can with out any real reason for it. I enjoy to much now. Congratulations on your success!

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Congrat's
One of the best things about vaping (besides improved health) are the flavors.
I follow a diet..oops "way of living" that I've been on since 1973, and there are a LOT of flavors I haven't had cross
my tongue in all those years.
Now .... WOW, cheesecake, cinnamon buns, fruits, chocolate coffee, pina colada, etc etc
My favorite .. Caramel Popcorn from "Tasty Vapor"
It's soooo cool to experience those missed flavors.
I've got about 65 to 70 samples bottles from all over. If I don't care for one, I add a little of something else to it.
I had a tobacco that was too mild, and a cuban cigar (from a sample pack). Didn't like either one ,
so I added a few drops of the cuban to the mild tobacco.
I won't order either one again, but it made a good vape. (born in the era where you didn't waste anything)
I had a real sore throat for about 4 days when I first started too. It goes away. I mostly use 70/30 at 18 or 24 nic.
I also have a bottle of "base" without flavoring.
I use that when my juice get thick or condensed in the bottom of my clearo.
Adding a drop or two brings it back to like fresh.
I suggest you order 30 ml of your base (70/30 or 80/20 with your choice of nic level) and keep it around.
It comes in handy.
Also you could order a bottle of "Koolada" It a menthol with NO flavor.
A drop will add a nice cooling effect to any flavor without changing the taste.
We've both got a lot to learn, but isn't it fun?
I really enjoy breathing again ( and not coughing up phlegm with blood in it )
Feels great to not freeze at 10 degrees just to get my nicotine. No more tar stained teeth or filmed over car windows !
I may not be saving money right now, but saving my life counts doesn't it ?
I figure it will take me a couple of years to break even, but at least I'll still be here !
Enjoy your new "hobby" your doing great.

Gemini76

Mar 26, 2013
SE Georgia, USA
Thank you kl5167, I without a doubt have to finish my 'still getting started excuse' spending pretty fast and certainly will. Right after I find an atty I can drip into so I don't have to keep taking apart and cleaning my Evods to try samples. Well, and some more juices. Maybe another charger...doh..

Slots, nice post and I appreciate you sharing and am glad to see this is successful for you too.

I got some different juices today of varying pg/vg and nic strengths. I am enjoying a 60/40 blend so far better than 70/30. Doesn't seem like it would make that much difference from 70/30 regarding th at the same nic level but there is a noticeable difference to me and I like it. So for awhile I will stick around 60/40 with 18-24 nic and just try some flavors. I'm glad to have sampled these different concentrations and get a feel for a preference without spending 'too much' money. Then again, these were sampled right out of the mailbox; I couldn't wait... So in a week I may feel differently.

steelshoe552

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
puyallup, wa 98374
Try not to worry about the continous desire to upgrade. I started with no research by walking into a local shop and asking them to get me started. Withen three weeks I had gone from a volcano enferno kit, to a twist to a lavatube version two without doing any research, just wanted a bigger battery, lol. Then I found ecf....read for several days and now im trying to convince my wife into letting me buy a billion things. I now know what my apv is capable of and have an overwelming desire to try EVERYTHING. Im almost 2 months in now lol. Love it and embrace the new hobby, just watch out because the wallet may try to kill you in your sleep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread