Nickel endcaps scratched from kitchen sponge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
You know the common yellow sponges with the green scratchy side? I tried using one to clean of the corrosion/gunk (whatever) off of the endcaps of my Saber. It scratched the shine away leaving a finish that looks more like brushed texture. I wouldn't think this would happen with nickel plating but it did. Is there a way to polish these back out? I would attach a picture but it wouldn't show anything more than a dulled finish.

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Nice to see ya back here on the moon FLA:)

I use a Jewlers polishing cloth from Walmart to keep up with mine. Also Cape Cod polishing cloths work well. I had one of my endcaps "Dull" out really bad from use and I used Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish(it's also for other metals) and it worked flawlessly:thumbs:

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
Nice to see ya back here on the moon FLA:)

Thanks, I'll see what the polish and cloths do, I also have some discoloration on the aluminum exposed from the stripes.

Yeah, I'm back at ECF but while I was away my monthly vaping expenses went from $250 to about $10. This place can really tempt one to spend money.

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Thanks, I'll see what the polish and cloths do, I also have some discoloration on the aluminum exposed from the stripes.

Yeah, I'm back at ECF but while I was away my monthly vaping expenses went from $250 to about $10. This place can really tempt one to spend money.
The Mothers will definetly work on the discoloration in the stripes, it works wonders on mine. It even gets them shinier than original.

As far as ECF being a temptation, I couldn't agree with you more. Especially now, the market had came to a slight standstill for a moment but has recently EXPLODED8-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread