Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
As seen with Mark, the nickel plating comes off. I don't know why, never used anything else than cape cod and microfiber cloth.
Anyway, I'll send it back after receiving the ordered one.
I search a solution to protect the new one, against "I don't know what", maybe me ? :)

Yeah I'm not sure why that happened. Getting it back will help a lot for us to try and figure out what exactly went wrong. Then maybe we can come up with something to help protect your next one, or maybe that one was just a defective battery sleeve.

Rwilliams112

Jun 7, 2011
Indiana
Hello
having real troubles with nickel plating on my ultramax, and waiting a new body before send the old back to Innovapor, I would like to know if there's a way to varnish or to protect the nickel plating, other than wearing gloves.
I've got probably the same sweat than an alien :D

[/URL
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/gangrene2.jpg/

How long did you have your Ultramax before it ended up looking like this? I've only had mine two and a half months and it's starting to look eerily similar to yours. Maybe we have the same alien sweat!

Rwilliams112

Jun 7, 2011
Indiana
I am not alone in the universe? It's you daddy? :) :) :)

I have since the end of May The amazing thing is that the problem only appeared there for about fifteen days, by the two strokes in the hollows, and these "strokes" have spread very quickly. There was before no scratches, no defects

LOL!!! I don't have anymore children... That I know of ;)
Awesome! Mine is just starting to do this so I assume mine will look like yours eventually. :(
I think once mine looks like yours I might see about having it powder coated just on the outside. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

darjelin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
trilbardou (france)
Yeah I'm not sure why that happened. Getting it back will help a lot for us to try and figure out what exactly went wrong. Then maybe we can come up with something to help protect your next one, or maybe that one was just a defective battery sleeve.

Oh, batterie sleeve ? I bought a new alpha body, but not the sleeve. In this case the problem may recur with this new one...

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I was asking my husband about the best care of these tonight (nickel plated aluminum). He says that eventually nickel turns black.........like from the normal body oils/sweat from your hands. I told him that I need to use that cape cod cloth & he told me just to use never dull & it should be fine. He also said that I don't need to rush right out & buy it.........as it takes quite a long time to turn...........

Just wondering, how long did it take these units to turn?

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I'm also wondering if these units can be polished by placing them in a case tumbler (like you use for bullet hulls if you reload your own ammo) with corn cob (soft) media? This polishes pretty darn good.

My husband has tumbled nickle plated bullet hulls & it has removed EVERY bit of black tarnish on the bullet hull. He said it shouldn't affect the threading. I also asked my husband if it would actually REMOVE the nickel plating......& he said "It shouldn't if it's been plated well".

Just wondering if anyone has thought of this........

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I am not sure about the case tumbler, as I have never used one. But the cape cod cloth is more than enough to remove any tarnish that is caused by sweat, oil, etc. If you want to get a little more extreme, I have used the cape cod cloth to polish it, then without wiping it down put it on a bench grinder with a super soft cloth wheel and polished it even more with that. That will remove absolutely any tarnish without damaging the unit at all (makes it look completely brand new). Next time I am at work I will look up exactly what wheel I use to do that with and post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread