Not open for further replies.

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
Does anyone think this is where he has always ran his business? I was under the impression that he previously was in a regular office or warehouse. Not sure now..
He graduated into a "warehouse" with clean area, all sorts of machines to mix and bottle, but began his business in his house, maybe in that basement or in the kitchen as a lot of juice "manufacturers" did, mixing by hand to order. I know some that still do. Doubt there's many DIY'ers with a clean room.
Not a great marketing tool, that video, clearly not mentally ready after his mom died to handle 100's of orders a week and deal with customers. Nudging flavoring in an open bucket with your toe and talking about mold doesn't instill confidence. Needs more time, as would a lot of folks. Hope he gets there.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Right. Say if I sneeze into my mixes (I do NOT BTW) that's MY sneeze, not someone else's and if I need to get germy.... Which I DON'T, I would at least like it to be my own germs.

Really, I'm sorry to hear of the circumstances surrounding this... offering, but it does NOT make me want to try it. Ever.

Perhaps things were different before, I hope so, and I hope he's able to start back up but this isn't what you'd call excellent marketing. It just isn't.

Anna

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
There is a major difference between someone DIYing or making something for their own personal consumption and selling products for people to consume. You can't compare an e-Liquid Vendor and a DIY'er.

Right. Say if I sneeze into my mixes (I do NOT BTW) that's MY sneeze, not someone else's and if I need to get germy.... Which I DON'T, I would at least like it to be my own germs.

Really, I'm sorry to hear of the circumstances surrounding this... offering, but it does NOT make me want to try it. Ever.

Perhaps things were different before, I hope so, and I hope he's able to start back up but this isn't what you'd call excellent marketing. It just isn't.

Anna
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the "toe hockey with open buckets of flavoring" or anything else in the marketing video, was more answering the question I'd quoted about if he mixed there before. There is/was a lot of home businesses in juice making, though, and I'd bet they were somewhere between clean and lab clean.
Anyhow, assuming he gets up and running again, it'll serve him well if he follows this up with photos showing a clean area, clean counter for mixing, batching, and bottling, caps, masks, and gloves used by those preparing the juice.
The good news is, if his pricing of unopened bottles of Virus or Katy's Virus are real, I've got a couple grand in a shoebox in my closet.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the "toe hockey with open buckets of flavoring" or anything else in the marketing video, was more answering the question I'd quoted about if he mixed there before. There is/was a lot of home businesses in juice making, though, and I'd bet they were somewhere between clean and lab clean.
Anyhow, assuming he gets up and running again, it'll serve him well if he follows this up with photos showing a clean area, clean counter for mixing, batching, and bottling, caps, masks, and gloves used by those preparing the juice.
The good news is, if his pricing of unopened bottles of Virus or Katy's Virus are real, I've got a couple grand in a shoebox in my closet.

There was a company who posted a video of their lab or mixing room with a jug dumping out to a bottle on the floor and some other disturbing images a while back. After the repercussions they posted a retraction/explanation with pictures of clean suits, masks and gloved workers. That only led to speculation and accusations of phony publicity and not the actual premises. No matter what is posted in the future I am pretty sure there are others like myself who will never forget the images we have seen. Plus it was on the Internet so it is out there forever!

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
What is seen, cannot be unseen.
Can't look.jpg

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Based on what I saw and heard, maybe starting up right now isn't a good idea. It can take some time after a loss to regain one's focus. It looks like a half hearted effort to me. Better to eventually do it right than to stumble out of the gate.

That's about the most polite thing I can think to say.

I keep thinking about that open bucket of vanilla and wondering if I saw a floater in there.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Based on what I saw and heard, maybe starting up right now isn't a good idea. It can take some time after a loss to regain one's focus. It looks like a half hearted effort to me. Better to eventually do it right than to stumble out of the gate.

That's about the most polite thing I can think to say.

I keep thinking about that open bucket of vanilla and wondering if i saw a floater in there.

5 gallon bucket with surface exposed there are floaters whether or not you see them with the naked eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread