Nicotine Absorption Without Inhaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agrion

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
PA
How do you get the vapor to go out your nose without inhaling?

I did this when I smoked also. It was great with flavorful tobaccos like a cigar or pipe.

I'm not sure how to explain it but I'll try.

I suck the vapor into my mouth then use my mouth and tongue (mostly tongue) to collapse the space in my mouth, pushing the vapor upward out my nose.

You don't have to exhale while doing it, you can just push most of the vapor out and exhale to finish it off. I kinda push and exhale simultaneously.

I just took like 15 hits trying to come up with that description. :vapor:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Yes, most nicotine absorbed by vaping is absorbed in your mucosa, the linings of the mouth, nose, and throat. Very little is absorbed in the lungs. So you're getting as much vapor without inhaling, holding it in your mouth you are getting the max.
Bill Clinton was actually doing what most users do, hold it in the mouth nose and throat as long as you can stand it! He thought he was being clever saying that.....!!
Think of vaping being comparable to using a patch, you absorb about the same amount of nic into your bloodstream, don't compare to smoking a cigarette. NOTHING is the same as those!! Nicotine doesn't kill, smoke does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread