nicotine actually seems bad for me, WTA seems like the only thing that could work

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I am having no luck vaping nicotine e-liquid. I'm actually beginning to hate regular e-liquid for what it does to me- I'm getting serious tolerance to nicotine, chain vaping, but still craving a cig and when I do smoke, I feel like smoking more than I did when I did not vape. And I'm getting restlessness at night and sometimes insomnia and weird dreams (I have to smoke a cig at night, vaping won't work, it'll keep me up unless I reduce my nicotine level, which is a hassle). Also experiencing a mild depression creeping in that was not there before. I know dual use for a time is encouraged by some at ECF, but for me it seems to make things worse to smoke and vape nicotine e-liquid in the same day. I'm no closer to actually quitting than I was 3 months ago. So, I'm thinking of just throwing out all my nicotine e-liquid and only vaping WTA. But... who knows where it will be a year from now. Will FDA regulation ban whole tobacco alkaloids? Is there anyone else who has had to vape exclusively WTA?

antony73

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2014
China
I can relate to you a little FireDragon1138, (1138... StarWars reference?).

I also struggle sleeping, have weird dreams and MILD depression.

I'm going to not Vape 30 minutes before I get ready for bed, and make sure I drink lots of water.

I actually just posted a thread on how often I drop my EC and come to think of it, this could be part of the reason. Quitting smoking and now Chain Vaping. It's all put my nervous system into crash mode.

Some people fly through this with no problems, I know that others struggle. But for me, I really refuse to go down the WTA path. I'm determined to stick with flavored e-liquid and give my mind and body time.

Vaping is such an enjoyable experience compared to Smoking and without all the health risks and dirty smell.

There is a beautiful light at the end of the tunnel :toast:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
What worked for me was a little bit of everything...go as long as I could without smoking (and work NOT to think about it--even being on ECF for some weird reason made me want to smoke), then have ONE smoke. JUST ONE. Then, vape a bit more, and with smaller cravings pull out the WTA. OR, Have a regular "schedule" for the WTA (right at waking, after a meal, before bed). See how long I could go that way. If I caved, I caved. Started over.

When I first started vaping I didn't smoke for almost a month, and had no cravings. Then, it was 2 months. Then, I tried Snus and WTA, then just Snus, and now I hardly ever feel the need for it. Now I have no desire for a cigarette, and have had absolutely no cravings whatsoever.

It took me 6 months doing that, but I would NEVER have more than one cigarette in a sitting. Usually that was more than enough, and eventually the smokes just held no interest for me. I don't know if you read my post in the smoking thread, but what started off super easy for me became a real battle. The battle was won, but it took a lot of determination and resolve not to go back.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you're able to find what works for you, for your own sake. There is nothing like knowing you've beat the beast; I hope you're able to feel that satisfaction.

Last edited:

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
I vaped and smoked analogs for 4 years. It finally clicked that it was the delivery system I was using that was the issue. Once I purchased good mods along with good clearomizer and Kayfuns the delivery was much better and more consistent. I kept a pack in the car and for about 2 weeks I had one if the urge hit. The one I smoked tasted so bad that a few puffs and that was it. I started out at 18mg but am down to 12 and may step down again in a month or so. Keep at it and you will succeed!!

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I am having no luck vaping nicotine e-liquid. I'm actually beginning to hate regular e-liquid for what it does to me- I'm getting serious tolerance to nicotine, chain vaping, but still craving a cig and when I do smoke, I feel like smoking more than I did when I did not vape. And I'm getting restlessness at night and sometimes insomnia and weird dreams (I have to smoke a cig at night, vaping won't work, it'll keep me up unless I reduce my nicotine level, which is a hassle). Also experiencing a mild depression creeping in that was not there before. I know dual use for a time is encouraged by some at ECF, but for me it seems to make things worse to smoke and vape nicotine e-liquid in the same day. I'm no closer to actually quitting than I was 3 months ago. So, I'm thinking of just throwing out all my nicotine e-liquid and only vaping WTA. But... who knows where it will be a year from now. Will FDA regulation ban whole tobacco alkaloids? Is there anyone else who has had to vape exclusively WTA?

the symptoms you described sounds more like low nic levels... typical of people going cold turkey/quit what is your nic level and how much did you smoke previously?? also you may be one of us that requires a "taper off" method instead of a direct switch over...
vape when you feel the urge to smoke.... if i doesnt satisfy, have a portion of a ciggie too. Eventually with enuf vaping you will find that the desire for the ciggie lessens more and more each week...

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
I can relate with the night time stuff, I've been off the cigs for three months now but still have to take sleeping pills every night since I switched. Never had to use them before but since I switched to vaping I found that I would lay awake tossing and turning until 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning which simply wasn't an option.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
What worked for me was a little bit of everything...go as long as I could without smoking (and work NOT to think about it--even being on ECF for some weird reason made me want to smoke), then have ONE smoke. JUST ONE. Then, vape a bit more, and with smaller cravings pull out the WTA. OR, Have a regular "schedule" for the WTA (right at waking, after a meal, before bed). See how long I could go that way. If I caved, I caved. Started over.

When I first started vaping I didn't smoke for almost a month, and had no cravings. Then, it was 2 months. Then, I tried Snus and WTA, then just Snus, and now I hardly ever feel the need for it. Now I have no desire for a cigarette, and have had absolutely no cravings whatsoever.

It took me 6 months doing that, but I would NEVER have more than one cigarette in a sitting. Usually that was more than enough, and eventually the smokes just held no interest for me. I don't know if you read my post in the smoking thread, but what started off super easy for me became a real battle. The battle was won, but it took a lot of determination and resolve not to go back.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you're able to find what works for you, for your own sake. There is nothing like knowing you've beat the beast; I hope you're able to feel that satisfaction.

This is my way too. There are so many things on the market to help us avoid cigs. I have WTA, snus, dissolvables AND regular nic liquid to help in this fight. Hope you find what can work for you. :) :vapor:

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I used to be a light smoker. A little over half a pack or so light cigarettes a day. I figured 12mg should be enough, but now it seems like my tolerance to nicotine is going up unexpectedly.

I can vape for half a day but I start to feel out of sorts. I've tried going with 16mg in the morning and that helps a little but I still get a crashing feeling coming on.

I think it's not a behavioral thing... for me chain vaping feels a little weird behaviorally, I'ev never been the type to have a cigarette glued to my hand. I much prefer a little break here and there. I'm finding that's easier with WTA. I suspect vaping works better for folks that are actually chain-smokers by habit.

I remember years ago I used to fall asleep with a snus portion in my mouth at times (I used to use mini portions, this was way, way before snus became trendy). Never a fresh portion, that did tend to keep me up, but one that had been in for an hour or so. But vaping seems to keep me up a bit. Sometimes I've used a zero-nic hookah pen an hour before bed, I like how it gives me a bit of "ashtray mouth", which is something I'm used to and probably expect to fall asleep.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

I'm going to not Vape 30 minutes before I get ready for bed, and make sure I drink lots of water.

I actually just posted a thread on how often I drop my EC and come to think of it, this could be part of the reason. Quitting smoking and now Chain Vaping. It's all put my nervous system into crash mode.

Some people fly through this with no problems, I know that others struggle. But for me, I really refuse to go down the WTA path. I'm determined to stick with flavored e-liquid and give my mind and body time.

Vaping is such an enjoyable experience compared to Smoking and without all the health risks and dirty smell.

Really like your plan. Never liked the idea of forcing the issue by WTA or high doses of nic.

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    I use unflavored WTA in my home brews. I just add a few drops to my liquids. How much is good for you? Only you can answer that. I add 3 drops to 15 ml and it works for me. I vape 3 mg base.

I see nothing wrong with WTA. Not sure what is wrong with going down that path. Took me over a year before the cigarette cravings went away. The WTA did that in one night.

You can use a higher strength WTA. When I did, I was unable to chain vape. Depending which side of the fence you are, may be a good thing.

soysos

ECF Veteran
    May 17, 2013
    United States
    All I can tell you is what worked for me. I was having a similar problem when I first made the switch, I got some 24mg in a strong tobacco flavor. So when the other stuff just wouldn't cut it I switched to the 24. Getting a dip atty also made a big difference, I would take my usual smoke break, 3 drops, vape, 3 more, vape, then back to work.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2014
    Orlando, Florida
    One thing I have thought about trying is taking a supplement called Anatabine. It's actually a minor tobacco alkaloid but its also being used by some health-conscious people in a synthetic form. It's good for inflammation, several other problems (including helping smokers quit) but in my case it might help keep my head level and I might be able to consistently vape regular e-liquid when I'm not vaping WTA. The only downside I suppose is that anatabine is not inexpensive, but it is available from GNC. I suppose WTA would be a more convenient way to get it if I'm vaping, though.

You can also get anatabine from eating nightshade vegetables. I read about a study that said that people that ate a lot of nightshades were less likely to get Parkinson's disease. Maybe that's why I like tomatoes so much?

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    One thing I have thought about trying is taking a supplement called Anatabine. It's actually a minor tobacco alkaloid but its also being used by some health-conscious people in a synthetic form. It's good for inflammation, several other problems (including helping smokers quit) but in my case it might help keep my head level and I might be able to consistently vape regular e-liquid when I'm not vaping WTA. The only downside I suppose is that anatabine is not inexpensive.

I had considered that as well, for a health issue that came up after I quit. Way too expensive long-term--like $70/mo? On top of prescriptions and about $100/mo in nutritional supplements and "clean" food. The idea of spending that much more on Anatabloc was just too over the top. That's why I started with The General Snus--same thing (maybe) but much less $$.

MikenGA

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2011
    Georgia
    ...Is there anyone else who has had to vape exclusively WTA?
    If it had not been for WTA, I don't know that I would have successfully made the switch to vaping. 'Something' was missing from my e-liquid that made me very uncomfortable, and only the analogs would satisfy.....until I tried WTA.

I vaped WTA e-liquid exclusively for about 6 months, then discovered I was able to vape regular e-liquid with no further problems. Breaking away from all the yuck in analogs was difficult, but once I did it, I learned that nicotine is NOT as addictive as I had been led to believe. It's all that other stuff involved with 'burning' that made a slave out of me.

I strongly encourage anyone having doubts about their ability to break the analog habit, to try WTA e-liquid for a few months. It was the KEY to my FREEDOM.

You'll find my first post AFTER vaping WTA in the link below, as well as my progress reports further into the thread. Thanks to WTA, I truly DID smoke my last analog September 25th, 2011, , and I'll never smoke again. 32+ years was finally enough, thanks to vaping, the support from my ECF friends, and the WTA that empowered me.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cussion/228147-wta-future-16.html#post4503967

Good luck, my friend. :)

Last edited:

jensy

ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2014
    Fort Nelson, BC, Canada

Is there a reason you are so against using the WTA'S ?

I was one of those people who did not want to use the WTA's and suffered greatly with no concentration, no drive , no nothing for four months. I didn't crave cigarettes like most, that wasn't my problem it was all the other stuff I mentioned. Finally I gave in and tried them after tons of reading on WTA and all I say is I wished I had not been so stubborn and tried them sooner. My mind is back to what it once was and that is not using them full time. I alternate between WTA and normal through out my day. Now if things happen to slip or something I will use them fully with no problem. Aroma Wta liquid has been a godsend for me.

antony73

ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2014
    China
    In reply, I guess personally I see WTA as too much of a link between Smoking and Vaping. Too much reliance on Nicotine as it is. I want my Vaping to be a completely different thing/experiance, I want flavors, and little to no nicotine. In the end, I want the my Vaping (Nicotine levels) to be more like having a good cup of coffee. Not sure if I've explained that very well. However...

after 4-5 days of chain Vaping 12mg, with a good delivery system, I am beginning to feel fine again.

I understand others not wanting to be stubborn about WTA, but "I just" want to be stubborn about quitting smoking and stubborn about enjoying flavored e-liquids with low Nicotine. After I've finished my current 200ml, I'm very clear about going on to 8mg. Which is where I'll probably settle for some time.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    The Body fights back - It wants the cigarette. It thinks it will just up and die if it can't have just one more.

The mind must be stronger and keep the body's cravings in check.
    Yes, I smoked for over 45 years at 1.5-2 packs a day. I tried several times to quit and failed miserably. Finally I found 2 things that worked.
    Determination and Vaping.
    Picked up my first e-cigs and put out my last smoke. Yes it was a battle and I went through 1/2 dozen different devices in a matter of weeks, but I was determined to bet this thing that thought it owned me.
    Once I hit the ce5 clearomizers and 18mg nic I was getting enough to subdue my cravings. Moving to even better setups got me down to 12mg, then 9mg and now I'm at 6mg.
    Sure there are times I still get frustrated/agitated but I have not once thought I needed a smoke.......just more nic.

Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread