should I be stepping down from 12mg if I'm experimenting with WTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I still haven't quit analogs but I have greatly reduced my consumption, especially by using small pinches of snuff occasionally (Skoal, sometimes a blast of nasal snuff too). I smoke light cigarettes, about 12-15 a day. With all the changes I've been doing though, the cigarettes are cut in half, and I feel more motivated to quit altogether, but I need some good crutches in place so I am not tempted to go buy a pack of cigs when stress hits.

I'm vaping at 12mg but sometimes I get mild symptoms of nicotine OD and a problems with insomnia and feeling strung out. The OD seems to happen at night. Should I be stepping down my nicotine intake? It feels like I'm getting a lot more nicotine with a solid two second drag from an e-cig vs. a puff of a light cigarette. I'm using an unregulated eGo + CE4 and Smokeless Image Volt. Keep in mind I'm still mixing in the occasional cig, so I wonder sometimes if it interacts with the vaping.

My use of e-cigs doesn't exactly mirror smoking, as I am noticing. I tend to take longer, but fewer drags with the e-cig, rather than the 6-8 shorter puffs I take with a cigarette.

I've been trying WTA but the main thing I notice is that I chain-vape less. Without WTA I tend to take one or two puffs every ten minutes or so. With WTA I'm taking a drag or two every half hour to every hour. After more experimentation with WTA, I now believe there's less difference between the physiological effect and regular nicquid. The effect is very subtle. Honestly it feels like my fiddly-hands and hand-to-mouth sensation may not be satisfied at this current nicotine strength, as I worry too much about OD'ing. I might be happier vaping less nicotine and just keeping my hands busier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread