The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nicotine is actually good for you

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Flexxx, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Flexxx

Flexxx Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2012
    Utah
    So since my panic attacks/anxiety started back again I was thinking it might be from vaping.....still think it might be
    causing it but I'm not sure, it could be alot of different things.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/302219-nicotine-possibly-causing-anxiety-panic-atacks.html

Anyways while searching to find my cause I ran into some things about nicotine.

Nicotine helps increase in the release of dopamine and serotonin which actually help people with anxiety and depression.

Discovery Health "How can nicotine be good for me?"

http://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/Blog/David-Spero/why-stop-smoking/

This is also a reason why when quitting smoking can cause anxiety and depression since your dopimine and serotonin will drop
    and it takes a while for the brain to recover.

2. graybuck

graybuck Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2012
    Oregon
    I can see the depression issue from stopping smoking is a real problem. When I tried the pill my doc also prescribed wellbutrine and anti depresants as part of the stop smoking package. THey just made me sick so I could not use them. Then I went to exercise and vaping. I have slowly been dropping the nic levels down each week and the exercise is helping my mood and energy levels a lot. Together this is working for me better than the pills or pads or gum. All the other junk I tried.

3. RosaJ

RosaJ Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX, USA
    Not too long I read that the BP companies are looking into using nicotine therapy for alzheimers. Don't get me wrong, they're still against ecigs because they're afraid they won't make the big bucks from their meds if people start vaping.

4. Faylool

Faylool Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nicotine has been longtime known to help with memory

5. Syav

Syav Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2012
    Minnesota
    I like nicotine better than caffeine :)

6. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I suffer from anxiety sometimes and vaping does help I have to say.

7. Titanium

Titanium Moved On

Oct 19, 2012
    prove it....

8. _more_

_more_ Moved On ECF Veteran

May 22, 2012
    I won't lie, i like nic :) That being said I get depressed and would rather vape than take a bunch of pills. I used to smoke but it was not as helpful/satisfying as vaping is imho.

9. Butters78

10. Titanium

Titanium Moved On

Oct 19, 2012
    Hey! I like your avatar, where'd you get it?

11. Butters78

You fixed it for me vato and I greatly appreciate it!

12. Titanium

Titanium Moved On

Oct 19, 2012
    Well paint me Doug and call me green.

13. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Don't self-medicate with information you have obtained from the internet.

Instead of seeking relief from mental or emotional problems by using nicotine you should be seeing a mental health counselor, psychologist or psychiatrist for a valid answer.

That said, many patients suffering from mental illness find that mental health professionals don't make a big fuss about smoking as it tends to smooth out the mood swings. Whether vaping or smoking is right for you should be decided with the help of a qualified professional, not from what you glean from amateur opinions off the internet and E-cig forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.