Nicotine is actually good for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Utah
So since my panic attacks/anxiety started back again I was thinking it might be from vaping.....still think it might be
causing it but I'm not sure, it could be alot of different things.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ne-possibly-causing-anxiety-panic-atacks.html

Anyways while searching to find my cause I ran into some things about nicotine.

Nicotine helps increase in the release of dopamine and serotonin which actually help people with anxiety and depression.

Discovery Health "How can nicotine be good for me?"

http://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/Blog/David-Spero/why-stop-smoking/

This is also a reason why when quitting smoking can cause anxiety and depression since your dopimine and serotonin will drop
and it takes a while for the brain to recover.

graybuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Oregon
I can see the depression issue from stopping smoking is a real problem. When I tried the pill my doc also prescribed wellbutrine and anti depresants as part of the stop smoking package. THey just made me sick so I could not use them. Then I went to exercise and vaping. I have slowly been dropping the nic levels down each week and the exercise is helping my mood and energy levels a lot. Together this is working for me better than the pills or pads or gum. All the other junk I tried.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Don't self-medicate with information you have obtained from the internet.

Instead of seeking relief from mental or emotional problems by using nicotine you should be seeing a mental health counselor, psychologist or psychiatrist for a valid answer.

That said, many patients suffering from mental illness find that mental health professionals don't make a big fuss about smoking as it tends to smooth out the mood swings. Whether vaping or smoking is right for you should be decided with the help of a qualified professional, not from what you glean from amateur opinions off the internet and E-cig forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread