nicotine legality in Australia Queensland

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluc

Oct 18, 2012
Australia
After a few weeks of searching for info on if I can import nicotine fluid into Australia and hearing from virtually all forum members that it is legal to import a 3 month supply. I see this post here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...6-8000-fine-if-caught-nicotine-ejuice-oz.html :confused: is this bs? does anyone actually know if its ok to import into Queensland? I ordered 240ml bottle of flavourless 36mg nicotine yesterday Am I going to get a huge fine? Has anyone in Queensland actually been fined or arrested for importing it? Feeling a little anxious after reading that thread. Cheers and thanks in advance.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Greetings from Canada! Welcome to ECF!

That thread was started on the 5th of May, 2011 and the last comment there was on the 3rd of September, 2011. I am willing to bet that there are 10 times as many vapers in Oz since that thread was started and they mostly import nic juice from out of country.

The sky has not fallen.

Relax, Enjoy!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Definitely not, unless you want to. If you can vape no-nic without going back to smokes, by all means, do it and Enjoy!

Your priority, right now, should be to get 5 posts (by greeting other New Comers, not spamming for post count) and once the server refreshes (could take up to an hour) you will be able to ask questions in the Oz Forum and get opinions from others in your country. You will know you can post in other Forums when you are able to click on your name and have the "Private Message" option display.

Relax.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Point taken.Was not spamming to get my post count and am honestly just trying to fight my way through the fud that is ecigs legislation in my country. Now I will be a good little newbie and go back to greeting other new members like me;)

Lol! I wasn't refering to this thread! you are allowed to have a conversation. Lol

Spamming is:

Post #1 = Hi
Post #2 = My
Post #3 = name
Post #4 = is
Post #5 = Bob

Lol Yes, people do do this!
The 5 posts requirement is to differentiate between people and Bots or automated systems. You seem OK to me, Mate!

bluc

Oct 18, 2012
Australia
Thanks and hello back :) Have been vaping for about 10 days with non nic fluid and have reduced my tabaco intake from around 50 thin smokes a day (rolling tabaco) per day down to about 10-15 per day. Hoping my nic juice arrives ok and I can ween myself off nicotine all together. I enjoy vaping and may continue after nicotine is a thing of the past will see what happens. Look forward to spending time here on the forum and will post back when my stuff arrives. cheers

bluc

Oct 18, 2012
Australia
Getting cravings but manageble. I have a smoke then generally get a craving about half hour
I generally ignore this craving with the help of the ecig then next craving about half hour later
I have a smoke. In the morning I chain smoke 3-4 smokes and after eating I have a smoke.
The cravings are not a severe now day 5-6 were the worst. Want to give 18mg mix a go and ditch tabaco altogether. Then cut down to nil nicotine over 4-5 months. May keep vaping though if I want to.

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
OK bluc, here's the straight dope.

1. Nicotine is a Schedule 7 poison. Ref: Poisons Standard 2012.
2. Exceptions are given for Nicotine Replacement Therapy products which have passed TGA approval tests.
3. It is not illegal to import nicotine, but it is illegal to use it "for domestic purposes" (like killing weeds in your suburban garden).
4. All TV news reports are lies. All TV news reports related to health and safety are also government propaganda.

Q1: Is the government actively chasing individuals who vape and fining them?
A1: No.
Q2: What is the safest way to get vaping juice?
A2: Import it, either as premixed e-juice or as bulk for DIY. Do not buy any bulk solution stronger than 10% (100mg/ml).
Q3: Is Chinese e-liquid safe?
A3: Yes. The only people who say it isn't have a vested interest in selling you something else. However, China Post has enacted a temporary ban on shipping all liquids (not just e-juice) so it may be hard to obtain for a while.
Q4: Is it illegal to sell e-juice containing nicotine in Australia?
A4: Yes, in all states.

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
It's not illegal to import or possess nicotine, that's the point. The police may think you UNWISE for inhaling it, but unless you're trying to sell it to someone they are unlikely to show any interest at all. It's common for packages to arrive with customs inspection certificates inside, they don't confiscate it.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread