Nicotine Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
When first vaping I used 24mg nic, now 4 years later I'm down to 3mg. About to place an order and I'm thinking 1.5 or even 0mg. Does anyone vape low or 0 nic and how is it?

I tried dropping to 0 nic, but I couldn't take it. I was vaping like mad, yearning for something unidentifiable and eating everything in sight (nic's an appetite suppressant, but I was surprised 1.5 - 0 made that much of a difference). I bounced back up to 3 mg/ml. I'm at 2.4 mg/ml at the moment.

Stepping down to 2.25 sounds like a good way to do it. I'd go for it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think when you get to those last few m.g., going slower in drops is probably advisable. As well as keeping tabs (if it's feasible) of whether you are vaping more or not. I haven't vaped 0 nic eliquid as of yet, but some people do enjoy it for the hand to mouth action, inhaling, and flavoring. Getting liquids that you could mix for various strengths seems advisable to me....

Anna

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I think when you get to those last few m.g., going slower in drops is probably advisable. As well as keeping tabs (if it's feasible) of whether you are vaping more or not. I haven't vaped 0 nic eliquid as of yet, but some people do enjoy it for the hand to mouth action, inhaling, and flavoring. Getting liquids that you could mix for various strengths seems advisable to me....

Anna

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
When first vaping I used 24mg nic, now 4 years later I'm down to 3mg. About to place an order and I'm thinking 1.5 or even 0mg. Does anyone vape low or 0 nic and how is it?
I'm at zero nic,and found 2 main advantages:
1. No concern of nic interfering with taste.
2. No cost expenditures and hassels with storage,safety,and addiction.
Best way I found to quit was to test myself. I DIY, so I mixed *one bottle with 1.5 nic and one identical with zero nic. Marked with flavor information only. After awhile, I just found I did not need any nic because I could not tell the difference.
The above method could be done with purchased e juice too.
The important point is, I found I can go without nic which has eliminated the panic feeling of needing nic.
I have gone 24 hours without vaping and found that there was no chemical urge dependency. I just missed the great tastes.

[*several different mixes]

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think once you get that low it may be easier to not notice nic present or not. I'd suggest you get a friend to trick you to find out, but there are problems with that, since by asking you'd automatically know, you know?

You could get two identical bottles of juice and put nic in some and none in the other to test your theory, I guess. I am fairly sure that I'd be able to identify if nic was in my ejuice or not, but I'm at 18 m.g. currently so things get a bit different.

Anna

Dave Chase

Oct 1, 2017

I went from 22 to 18mg in the first few months of sampling for one vendor and later when not noticing anything asked the same about his take on how nic effected him and when I got the reply that he had gone from 24 or 22mg to 0% he hadn't noticed any withdrawal symptoms. My next order saw 0% and the one thing that was noticed was a cooler vape as well as the higher percentage of flavoring.

Now in August a rather interesting blog was published regarding the FDA's and the argument often heard from law makers about e-cigs being gateways for kids and all the other nonsense when the FDA was unable to prove any addictive properties or nic being the so called gateway to smoking! The FDA can’t prove nicotine addiction or gateways exist.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
After my long road from 24mg to 3mg I decided to vape zero nic for a couple of days. That's when I learned that I had a behavioral habit, not a nic addiction. I still vape 3mg for the mental health benefits but I'm pretty sure I could do without. The nic. But not the vaping :)

Try zero. You might learn something interesting and unexpected. I know I did when I tried it.

• Informative

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
After my long road from 24mg to 3mg I decided to vape zero nic for a couple of days. That's when I learned that I had a behavioral habit, not a nic addiction. I still vape 3mg for the mental health benefits but I'm pretty sure I could do without. The nic. But not the vaping :)

Try zero. You might learn something interesting and unexpected. I know I did when I tried it.
Describe your behavoial habit versus your nic addiction please.

Reactions: Beamslider

Kiwon Lee

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2016
I started vaping 5mg, got my throat hurting to went down to 3mg, again it started hurting, so 1.5mg, and again, my throat was in really bad shape, ended up quitting. When you go down from 3mg to 1.5, you will feel the difference and recognize the weakness of nicotine level right away, but still there is some satisfaction and sensation that nicotine is coming into you body system. I was not totally satisfied, because I had to vape more to settle down with nicotine satisfaction and it was just plain weak, but got used to it in about...a week or two. I did not want to go up higher dosage of nicotine.

• Useful

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Describe your behavoial habit versus your nic addiction please.
When I vape zero nic I have nothing missing, no urge to ingest anything I'm not ingesting. When I don't vape I have a tremendous urge to vape (or smoke I guess). That's a behavioral habit. I never really understood that until I dropped to zero nic. Then it was blatant.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think we could start an "is nicotine addictive" thread, but I could see it becoming contentious. I think the important question is, "Is nicotine addictive for me?" I do see more folks being successful by tapering their nic to 0 nic, so I do think that it may have a dose dependent relationship, as well. I can't honestly say whether nic is addictive for me, but I'm at 18 mg now so I'm unlikely to try it. Oh heck, I might try it for fun, at some point, but I'm not at the point where I'm really ready to try reducing my nic just now though it is on my wish list.....

Anna

Reactions: Rossum

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I think we could start an "is nicotine addictive" thread, but I could see it becoming contentious. I think the important question is, "Is nicotine addictive for me?" I do see more folks being successful by tapering their nic to 0 nic, so I do think that it may have a dose dependent relationship, as well. I can't honestly say whether nic is addictive for me, but I'm at 18 mg now so I'm unlikely to try it. Oh heck, I might try it for fun, at some point, but I'm not at the point where I'm really ready to try reducing my nic just now though it is on my wish list.....

Anna
Since you DIY you can reduce your nic in fine increments. You could go 18-->17-->16-->15 etc. Maybe a week or two between drops, and if you start craving, go up a little to resolve it. You would never know you dropped 1mg. In fact, the margin of error of mixing suggests you probably bounce around a little bit now, from batch to batch. With all that said, I don't think it is a good idea to reduce nic if there is any risk of generating cravings that lead to a "fail". There isn't really anything wrong with nicotine. Unless you're pregnant, I guess.

In my reductions that went something like 24-18-12-6-3 I never had cravings when I dropped. One of my drops was to reduce some recent nausea. I think it was the 12-6 drop. That was complicated by the fact that I started with CE4 and worked my way up to modest subohming. I never kept track of my nic intake in mg, which I wish I had done from the beginning. Just in the interest of science.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I doubt I'll have cravings and I do plan to reduce pretty incrementally. It's just that I just had extensive mouth surgery yesterday (again, sigh) so I'm not vaping as much, though thankfully, no nasal vaping is needed this time. :) I'm probably reducing by vaping less anyway. I was going to reduce, but then this stupid infection came up, sigh. I'm pretty certain my vape is variable based on my success with accuracy in mixing, and no, I probably do NOT notice the difference that much, though there was one mix (this was when I lost my syringes and had to "work" with baking equipment and drops, LOL) that was clearly higher nic than I was used to, so I think it's possible to tell to an extent (I started mixing by weight after that, LOL. Much easier and equally as precise, I think....

Anna

Reactions: lupinehorror
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread