Status
Not open for further replies.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I doubt I'll have cravings and I do plan to reduce pretty incrementally. It's just that I just had extensive mouth surgery yesterday (again, sigh) so I'm not vaping as much, though thankfully, no nasal vaping is needed this time. :) I'm probably reducing by vaping less anyway. I was going to reduce, but then this stupid infection came up, sigh. I'm pretty certain my vape is variable based on my success with accuracy in mixing, and no, I probably do NOT notice the difference that much, though there was one mix (this was when I lost my syringes and had to "work" with baking equipment and drops, LOL) that was clearly higher nic than I was used to, so I think it's possible to tell to an extent (I started mixing by weight after that, LOL. Much easier and equally as precise, I think....

Anna
You certainly don't need any new adventures on top of what you are going through now! I mix by weight or volume, depending on my mood. Before I bought a scale, I bought 100 piece boxes of 1mm, 3mm, and 10mm syringes. And some 30ml syringes but the box cost was prohibitive. And a couple of grad cylinders. So more or less a lifetime supply. The 100 pc boxes were $10-15 each. So if I want 3mm nic, I add 3ml of nic to 97-100ml of zero nic juice. I've actually gotten a little casual about that, filling a 120ml bottle to roughly 100ml (just eyeballing it) and adding 3ml of nic from a 3ml syringe. Close enough for me; I could make it very accurate if wanted to add effort. And I used to, of course.

For my ADVs I make up 400ml batches of zero nic juice, in a 500ml bottle. That dead space allows for good shaking. Then I add about 100ml to a 120ml bottle and add nic as needed.

Some of my juice mixes will go from an initial light amber (ish) to very dark when they have nic, in just a couple of months. Even 3mg. That is the nic oxidizing or otherwise reacting with the juice. My zero nic 400mm "master bottles" never get dark, even after a year. That's why I don't steep or long term store juice with nic. It was also a problem when I would drop my nic level, and then have to measure and do the math to try to reduce previously nic infused juice to some lower level. It is much easier to add nic to a one or two week supply.

Lots of ways to skin this cat; just giving some ideas that worked for me and might work for you. Or not.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
:spam:
I think we could start an "is nicotine addictive" thread, but I could see it becoming contentious. I think the important question is, "Is nicotine addictive for me?" I do see more folks being successful by tapering their nic to 0 nic, so I do think that it may have a dose dependent relationship, as well. I can't honestly say whether nic is addictive for me, but I'm at 18 mg now so I'm unlikely to try it. Oh heck, I might try it for fun, at some point, but I'm not at the point where I'm really ready to try reducing my nic just now though it is on my wish list.....

Anna
It's totally behavioral for me. I've only been behaving this way for 40 years

Dave Chase

Oct 1, 2017
After my long road from 24mg to 3mg I decided to vape zero nic for a couple of days. That's when I learned that I had a behavioral habit, not a nic addiction. I still vape 3mg for the mental health benefits but I'm pretty sure I could do without. The nic. But not the vaping :)

Try zero. You might learn something interesting and unexpected. I know I did when I tried it.

Now You Are Finally Getting Onto the Same Page! The Nic HYPE has been used all of these years For One Purpose Only... Keep The Public TOTALLY BRAINWASHED For Big $$$$$ Interests and Profits Only! The Nic Hype has been the BIG SCARE U .... OFF Tactic! And Full of Gunk! Sorry People but the HAND TO MOUTH Habit You Can Break When and Willing YOU WANT TO!!! You Have to WANT TO Break the Smelly Smoke Habit and where Vaping can Easily Come In and Provide A Working Alternative BUT NOTE Without All of THE GREAT NIC BLINK U TO BIG $$$$ Claims Barf Bag!!! Wake Up Call People!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Zero Nic was just boring to me. I can detect the slight nic bite at 3mg and it's been enough to satisfy for several years now. Once in a great while I'll do a long, heavy DTL hit and feel the nic effect at 3mg. Even at 10W vaping levels it's satisfying to have that small nic hit to be recognizable.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread