• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Nicotine liquid and Canada Customs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm new to this all, and I have an order in to a vendor in the US. They assured me that they've shipped to Canada many times and have not had any confiscations. What are my chances?

Also, are there any good vendors here in Canada? I'd be looking specifically for unflavored nicotine liquid at 60mg/ml or greater concentrations.

albertbert

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Your chances are pretty good, if the vendor knows how to ship to canada, the packaging will have nothing that would raise flags at customs. Random inspections are very rare from ive been told. Getting unflavored nic kind of sucks here, ive never seen anyone carrying 60mg. I'll send you a pm of what i know is available though.

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
There used to be a vendor selling 100 mg/ml, but that was short lived. 36 is pretty much as high as it gets up here.

But since you're new to this... please read extensively on the topic of DIY and how to safely handle high nic concentrations. Makes me nervous when people say they are new to this and ask for high nic in the same breath.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Your chances are pretty good, if the vendor knows how to ship to canada, the packaging will have nothing that would raise flags at customs. Random inspections are very rare from ive been told. Getting unflavored nic kind of sucks here, ive never seen anyone carrying 60mg. I'll send you a pm of what i know is available though.

What Albertbert said .... and if the vendor themselves are telling you that they ship to Canada, then they know what to do and how to do it, so you should be ok ... but as already stated in previous posts, random checks can happen.

I've already looked up the MSDS for Nicotine, and yes it isn't the most pleasant stuff to handle in high concentrations. So I understand that handling precautions are certainly required. Thanks for the concern though guys.

Normally I wouldn't bother with something with that sort of risk, but it's sooooo much more convenient to get a small shipment that will last for a long time. As opposed to having to re-order regularly, and having to worry about losing a shipment.

Not only that, but even as someone totally new to vaping it's plainly obvious that DIY affords you a huge amount of flexability. I still don't know what nicotine concentration I'll want, what PG/VG ratio I'll prefer, or what my favorite flavor combinations might be. I can't imagine trying to figure that out without doing my own mixing.

Dogman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
North Carolina
ok guess i found the answer
wow wasn't expecting that !
Q - Is vaping illegal in Canada?

A - The short answer is: No. Vaping is 100% legal in Canada, however the sale and trade of nicotine juice is currently "banned" (for lack of a better term). Canada Customs reserves the right to confiscate nicotine e-liquids and e-liquid containing hardware (Such as pre-filled cartomizers and cartridges) so if you order supplies from out of the country, you risk having your juice sent back to the retailer or held for testing.

The risk of this is not as serious as it sounds but is still there, some Canadian vapers have never had a problem and vape nothing but American E-Juice while others have had the unfortunate luck of having multiple shipments confiscated or returned.

You can't be arrested, held, harassed or fined for vaping in any place.

Anyway, I hope that helps all you new vapers out there and properly dis-spells some of the myths in the e-cigarette world. I wish you all the best of luck on your quest to quit smoking and start vaping!

ok now i remember why I moved away from Canada.

But it is home after all, and i was so hoping things had changed up there. :(

even when shopping for bear spray (repellent) last month found out Canada only allows half strength bear repellent, because there afraid it may cause the bear "stress" if i use the full strength stuff to stop it from eating me.

:blink:

Urban Nightmare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Wainwright, AB, Canada
Never had much use to bear spray. Was camping up in Meadow Lake Sask a few years ago. Had a bear come wandering down the road. Walked right past our camp site. Just looked over at us and kept on going. A minute later two parks Canada guys with rifles came by and asked about the bear. I completely understand why they where freaked but man you just fell sorry for the bear. All he wanted was some lunch. At least they didn't have to shoot him. He wandered off in to the bush and we never saw him again that week.

Sorry that was really off topic. Now back to real news....

I've ordered many times from all over the world and have never had any thing confiscated yet. Might be one of those things that once they do check and find something your address goes on a list. My neighbour has had a couple of things shipped back but the vendor reshipped them and they made it through so it's only a theory.

Dogman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
North Carolina
well that's good cause i'm not going back to smoking cigarettes no matter what Health Canada says ha ha.
if I have to I'll scuba gear across the border river in the moonlight with a backpack full of E juice, before i got back to smoking. ha ha

and yeah 99% of bears are more afraid of you than you are of them. but i see Bear spray kinda like having a fire extinguisher.
i never expect (or Hope) to use mine. but own one just the same. :)

Reactions: theallboarder

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
You'll be alright, Dogman. The chances of your package getting seized are quite low. Sometimes they're seized and tested for nic and then sent on to you anyways! And even in the unlikely event that it gets stopped, most vendors will reship when they receive it back and you'll get it the second time around for sure (this is absolute worst case scenario, never had it happen myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread