Nicotine PG vs VG base

Status
Not open for further replies.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
My first batch from Wizard Labs was 100mg PG based. I just ordered some 100mg in a VG base. Does nicotine settle or rise in either of these or does it stay suspended? With the PG nic I just stirred it up a bit before use but the VG is so thick I'm not sure how to get it mixed up. Shake, stir or don't bother doing anything?

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
I got some nic base from MFS a while ago that gave me dirahrea , I called and asked them what was up with that and they didnt know but asked if I had shaken the bottle, I said I didnt remember exacly he said I must have gotten the freebase nic and when I did shake it the diahrea went away, now how often to shake is a mystry, I dont know how fast it seperates, It does seem like what Jimi said about adding oxygen from shaking every time would decrease shelf life but I rotate bottles/brands when mixing juice for use so I shake because some sit longer than 2 months

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I got some nic base from MFS a while ago that gave me dirahrea , I called and asked them what was up with that and they didnt know but asked if I had shaken the bottle, I said I didnt remember exacly he said I must have gotten the freebase nic and when I did shake it the diahrea went away, now how often to shake is a mystry, I dont know how fast it seperates, It does seem like what Jimi said about adding oxygen from shaking every time would decrease shelf life but I rotate bottles/brands when mixing juice for use so I shake because some sit longer than 2 months
So you just shook pure nic, and the ........ went away. Highly unlikely.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I got some nic base from MFS a while ago that gave me dirahrea

My educated guess is that at about the same timeframe you were vaping that DIY juice that you claim gave you ........ ... you were more than likely eating some of these bean 'gut-bombs' too?

tace-bell-burrito-on-wrapper.jpg

Or maybe a dozen of these nasty treats after drinking a couple of 6-packs of beer at 2:00am:

white-castle.jpg

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
What I do with VG nic before mixing it into e-liquid is simply turn the bottle upside down for a few seconds. Then right side up for a few seconds. Then repeat this motion a few more times. So we are not giving it a vigorous shake, just a gentle "stir." Works for me. Hell, I have no idea if this even helps anything, but I just don't want any hot spots in the solution. None so far! ;)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
NIC solution should always be blended properly from the manufacture or vender and not require shaking or mixing. This may not always be the case depending on the vender preparing your NIC. I always err on the side of caution and shake my newly purchased NIC then test for proper NIC concentration (mg/ltr). I then rebottle and freeze what I don't need at the moment and keep out what I use (Usually a 3 month supply). I do not shake what I've already tested or frozen between subsiquent usages. You do reduce the risk of hot pockets if you purchase NIC from reputable venders but never the less it's always better to err on the side of caution..

Last edited:
Reactions: CbrVapeRR

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
What I do with VG nic before mixing it into e-liquid is simply turn the bottle upside down for a few seconds. Then right side up for a few seconds. Then repeat this motion a few more times. So we are not giving it a vigorous shake, just a gentle "stir." Works for me. Hell, I have no idea if this even helps anything, but I just don't want any hot spots in the solution. None so far! ;)
Ripples in the liquid are what hot spots look like. If the solution looks fully transparent, it's a good mix :)

My first batch from Wizard Labs was 100mg PG based. I just ordered some 100mg in a VG base. Does nicotine settle or rise in either of these or does it stay suspended? With the PG nic I just stirred it up a bit before use but the VG is so thick I'm not sure how to get it mixed up. Shake, stir or don't bother doing anything?

Here is some info from k3vin at Vapers Tek from this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-killer-mfs-nicotine-sale-2.html#post13995270

If I can answer a few of your questions. Nicotine does not really " dissolve" in either carrier, it is merely homogenized into the solution. If you do 100% VG and lets say anything over 200mg of nic in a litre -20% it is possible to actually get a separation of nicotine from the VG due to the fact that nicotine is lighter than VG. We have done some experiments and it seems you can get away with 100% vg if only diluting to 100MG/ml or 10%. But I use 5% DW in a VG mix of 10% nicotine just to make sure it gets homogenized completely. If it has been frozen or stored for a long time, one still needs to shake it to get it mixed up thoroughly again.

VG will blend as well as PG, although nicotine has the propensity to come out of the "blend" more so in VG than in PG....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread