redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Hey @Jamie Plum

I sent you a PM, it should show up in your inbox, that's the easiest way to start, probably. Gotta run, but I will be back later....

Anna
You are a peach. I know you are going to help her. Nice work Anna.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
This mod I have now is the 3rd one I have bought in a week and a half. If I got another one my hubby would kill me. lol I have spent a lot of money so far and he has his limits. Lol

You have officially joined the group! [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Jamie, I'd suggest upping nicotine levels slightly as well. You can add me to the list of people that Whole Tobacco Alkaloid (WTA) juice helped, as well. I ordered mine as unflavored from Aroma E-juice. That helped me through the whole "transition phase" when I was ready to chew through steel at times. It's pricy, but it has been my experience that you don't need a whole lot of it. It helped me to put a TINY squirt into each tank when I filled to start, then I kinda slowly weaned myself, and I still have a tank with some WTA in it that I have around for those high stress/high pressure moments. But, I think you may wish to start by upping your nic a bit.

That said, with COPD, it may be harder to get that deep, full lung-inhale, like many sub0hmers want, (which I hated to start, as my lungs were shot, anyway, though not to COPD levels, just headed there). I did far better on a small MTL device at higher nic level and lower watts, meaning cooler, more easy to handle vape. I just plain didn't enjoy how sub0hming made my throat and lungs *feel* and I couldn't handle the sheer volume of vapor. So, that is another option, if you are finding yourself desirous to pick up a cigarette but not necessarily wanting to vape your current device-- a smaller, more mimicking of a cigarette device that gives you more nicotine per puff, but less vapor. I found I ultimately enjoyed the smaller MTL feel of tanks, so that is what I use.

Good luck!

Anna
Never heard of or tried WTA.
Does it change the taste of the vape ?

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Never heard of or tried WTA.
Does it change the taste of the vape ?
Whole Tobacco Alkaloids

WTA e-liquid - the issues

Mine was flavorless, but it's been two years since I bought any.

Edit: In the library article, the term "refill" refers to refilled cartridges, which the earliest e-cigs used instead of today's tanks and drippers.

Last edited:

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
@Jamie Plum I started out vaping the same way, went to a vape store that was full of only cloud chaser equipment, so that's what I bought. Fortunately, it did work for me but it did not work for my husband. That led me to researching other ways to vape, where I found "tootle puffing." Lower power vaping, less airflow, often higher nicotine. It took my husband about 9 months to completely transition to vaping, and I'm sure he still sneaks a few when he is away from home but I still consider it a win. I found I liked that style of vaping better too, I don't want or need a big cloud. You've come to the right place for help, please don't give up as I'm sure you can find a way that works for you.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Terry K, I don't find that the "wholesale" or unflavored WTA juice really adds much taste to my vape, it vaguely tastes of tobacco, but not enough to not use it in any of the non-tobacco flavors I used. Didn't notice a flavor difference, but I did notice that it soothed my anxieties and cravings during times I really needed it. You can also get flavored WTA which is often based around tobacco flavors, but not always, and just vape it like you would any other juice. However, that way you will not be in control of how much you are using, and since I planned on weaning myself off it, I bought the "wholesale" WTA that is just the alkaloids in a base, as it's easier to dilute it that way. :) WTA really helped me during the tough early times, and also stressful times. I did notice a difference, but it's much easier to wean off of (for me) than those last few cigarettes. :)

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
I started w/ Vuse which is apparently off the chart in terms of nicotine. I didn't have any craving but it sure felt funny. V2 Ex at 1.8 feels much more like a cigarette. I tried .3 and it doesn't come close. Cloud chasing doesn't appeal to me and the simpler low power devices are where I'll stay for the foreseeable future. One of the many things you'll notice when switching to vaping is how much better you'll feel. I also think that the cost will fall significantly once you find your optimal device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread