The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nicotine taste......cough.........cough

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by L i am, Sep 15, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. L i am

L i am Full Member

Sep 8, 2018
    Hi, I am pretty new to vaping, trying to get off the cigs. Anyway I had some watermelon with 18% nicotine given to me. I loved it, nice and sweet with no taste of nicotine. I recently bought some 18% from NZ and I can really taste the nicotine which is still very noticeable even when mixed with other low PG high VG flavours at 1 part watermelon/nicotein 18% with 3 parts other. Is that how it is (just tastes bad to me) Or am I just buying the wrong nicotien mix.?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jebbn

Jebbn Super Member

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    Are you buying nic for doublers from vapoureyes?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Are you sure it's nic "taste"? Nic doesn't really have a taste, it's more like a peppery "feel" to me. If that's what you are experiencing, it's possible the first watermelon you had was made with nic salt instead of nic base.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. sdennislee

sdennislee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hawise

Hawise Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I agree with the others who've said nicotine doesn't have a taste, exactly, but it could just be how you're describing it. Two thoughts:
    • Can you ask the person who gave you the original juice what nicotine they used? In particular, was it freebase ('normal') or nic salts? Nic salts are much smoother.
    • Nicotine can get more peppery as it ages, particularly if it gets warmed up or exposed to light and oxygen. Could the nicotine you're using be a bit degraded? Try getting some from another source.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Could depend on type of nicotine used, (salts vs freebase) could depend on quality of nicotine, age of mix, how well it's mixed (if it's from a DIYer there could be issues) could be PG/VG ratio, could be almost anything.

Could you list all the numbers on your label from the manufacturer juice, as well as any words on there? That would give us a starting point for guessing.

Also, list everything you remember that you were told by the DIY person regarding what it's made of and if you can, ask them to tell you Everything including where the ingredients came from (including nic, PG and etc.)

I have no idea what is causing the problem yet, but I will say if a juice is not agreeing with you, don't vape it until you figure out the source of the problem. Vaping is not supposed to be painful.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
  7. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Are you comparing one proprietary mix with another proprietary mix and wondering why if there both named Watermelon with nicotine, they do not taste the same? If this is the case, the nicotine may or may not be the only problem here in solving the reason of non identical taste.
    One flavor provider's labeling of Watermelon/nicotine does not necessarily mean (more often or not, rarely will they taste the same) it will taste the same.
    I think there may be too many variables to answer your question given the information you have shared.

• Like Like x 1
  8. L i am

L i am Full Member

Sep 8, 2018
    Hi all and thanks for the help. I have attached a pic of the vape I really liked, have tried to find it to no avail and it has no brand on the bottle. Can anyone recommend a good vape with 18% Nicotine salts preferably with a watermelon or Strawberry preferably from NZ so it will get here fast?

Thanks again:)

Attached Files:

• LLL.jpg
      LLL.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 2
  9. keelalagirl55

keelalagirl55 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2011
    That picture would be Dekang Watermelon. Not sure where to find in NZ, but at least you have a name to look for now ;) Good luck.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. L i am

L i am Full Member

Sep 8, 2018
    Awsome, thank you keelalagirl:)

• Like Like x 2