Nicotine taste......cough.........cough

Status
Not open for further replies.

L i am

Sep 8, 2018
Hi, I am pretty new to vaping, trying to get off the cigs. Anyway I had some watermelon with 18% nicotine given to me. I loved it, nice and sweet with no taste of nicotine. I recently bought some 18% from NZ and I can really taste the nicotine which is still very noticeable even when mixed with other low PG high VG flavours at 1 part watermelon/nicotein 18% with 3 parts other. Is that how it is (just tastes bad to me) Or am I just buying the wrong nicotien mix.?

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I agree with the others who've said nicotine doesn't have a taste, exactly, but it could just be how you're describing it. Two thoughts:
  • Can you ask the person who gave you the original juice what nicotine they used? In particular, was it freebase ('normal') or nic salts? Nic salts are much smoother.
  • Nicotine can get more peppery as it ages, particularly if it gets warmed up or exposed to light and oxygen. Could the nicotine you're using be a bit degraded? Try getting some from another source.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Could depend on type of nicotine used, (salts vs freebase) could depend on quality of nicotine, age of mix, how well it's mixed (if it's from a DIYer there could be issues) could be PG/VG ratio, could be almost anything.

Could you list all the numbers on your label from the manufacturer juice, as well as any words on there? That would give us a starting point for guessing.

Also, list everything you remember that you were told by the DIY person regarding what it's made of and if you can, ask them to tell you Everything including where the ingredients came from (including nic, PG and etc.)

I have no idea what is causing the problem yet, but I will say if a juice is not agreeing with you, don't vape it until you figure out the source of the problem. Vaping is not supposed to be painful.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi, I am pretty new to vaping, trying to get off the cigs. Anyway I had some watermelon with 18% nicotine given to me. I loved it, nice and sweet with no taste of nicotine. I recently bought some 18% from NZ and I can really taste the nicotine which is still very noticeable even when mixed with other low PG high VG flavours at 1 part watermelon/nicotein 18% with 3 parts other. Is that how it is (just tastes bad to me) Or am I just buying the wrong nicotien mix.?
Are you comparing one proprietary mix with another proprietary mix and wondering why if there both named Watermelon with nicotine, they do not taste the same? If this is the case, the nicotine may or may not be the only problem here in solving the reason of non identical taste.
One flavor provider's labeling of Watermelon/nicotine does not necessarily mean (more often or not, rarely will they taste the same) it will taste the same.
I think there may be too many variables to answer your question given the information you have shared.

L i am

Sep 8, 2018
Hi all and thanks for the help. I have attached a pic of the vape I really liked, have tried to find it to no avail and it has no brand on the bottle. Can anyone recommend a good vape with 18% Nicotine salts preferably with a watermelon or Strawberry preferably from NZ so it will get here fast?

Thanks again:)

Attachments

• LLL.jpg
    LLL.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread