Nicotine Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Ewww, I wouldn't want to try it. I agree with the possibility of a stomach ache or heartburn when the nic is combined with the digestive system's gastric juices. I think the thing to consider is the replacement of all active motions of smoking being replaced by vaping. i.e., first the hand-to-mouth, the inhale and feeling the TH, then the expelling of vapor. If all those motions were eliminated, personally, I don't think I would have been as successful as I have been in quitting smoking. YMMV.

TheOrganicGypsy

Aug 7, 2011
Alabama
I mixed a solution containing 25mg of nicotine in 32 ounces of water. I proceeded to drink it gradually over the course of a day. It doesn't taste substantially different from tap water, except that I feel some tingling of my mucous membranes and my tongue. Onset is gradual. I haven't felt the need to vape all day, and I was vapeing several ml/day of 50mg/ml liquid before today. Experimented with vapeing nicotine free liquid, but it is continuing to exacerbate my very very bad dry mouth which was the problem which caused me to want to try this to begin with. Based on my initial attempt, I think vapeing is roughly 25% efficient or less regarding nicotine absorbtion. This seems like a more cost effective way to use nicotine and it has also greatly reduced some troubling side effects I was having. Just wondered if anyone else had tried it. Apparently there was a product brought to market several years ago, but the FDA pulled it saying it was an "unapproved" nicotine delivery system, which as far as I can tell just means that they didnt have the financial resources necessary to conduct trials.

Rahz

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
voted the second strangest post of the day .. this one still being Number 1

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ry-method.html

Strange.... as smoking tobacco? Strange as extracting the nicotine and vaporizing it? It's not your thing, so it must be strange right???

---

Anyway,

Nicotine could be a little harsh on the stomach for some. I actually tried it many many years ago using tobacco (which was a dangerous thing to do). It tasted horrid which is probably the only reason I didn't OD at the time. Using a measured nicotine extract (e-juice) should take care of that problem. It's also a slow delivery method so whether it would help with everyone's cravings, I don't know, though the fact that you avoid vaping is a good sign.

On the plus side, if you're avoiding some of the sensations associated with nicotine use, that could be useful in you're trying to quit. I recall reading that someone was trying to market a nicotine laced drink. I think there may have been some legal hurdles and it hasn't made it to market as far as I know. I think it's worth some experimentation, just be safe.

Does anyone know if the nicotine which is converted to the HCl salt get absorbed eventually, or would raising the pH of the water increase the total absorbed? I am not concerned about when it gets absorbed, as long as it gets absorbed. I can't get a buzz anymore from nicotine. It's been this way for me for a few years, even when I was smoking rolling tobacco. I can't actually feel anything from smoking 50mg/mL fluid, even if I hold my breath a full minute. Maybe if I dropped 10mg under my tongue I might catch a slight buzz, but I just dont see the point anymore. I am currently using nicotine to lose weight. It works wonderfully, and I am happy with it. I just want to find the most efficient way to absorb my daily dosage without paying loads of money for NRT products. I will probably still vape occasionally, but trying to absorb 25mg of nicotine through vaping is just too hard on my throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread