Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrooper

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2012
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada
If Health Canada has banned the sale of Nicotine then how come I was able to order e-juice from a store in London ON that has nicotine. I also ordered an electronic cigarette kit that came with cartridges that are 18mg nicotine from a store in Ohio. I also order cartridges with nicotine from Epuffer and their warehouse is located in Richmond Hill ON.

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Your able to do all that because some people don't mind gambling and will do illegal things to make money. We don't and won't. I assure you...it is illegal. And by making posts like this and giving out those stores names you are greatly increasing the likely hood of someone turning them in and having them shut down.

I'm not exactly sure on what the point of your comment is but don't you think if we COULD sell nicotine we WOULD?

Last edited:

thetrooper

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2012
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada
I'm not trying to make trouble here. All I'm saying is that the reason I can buy my e-cigarette cartridges and e-liquid in Canada is when you buy them, you pay the HST tax when you checkout. Another thing is that if it was illegal to sell cartridges with nicotine I highly doubt that Epuffer would have been allowed to open a warehouse in Canada. Plus when I started ordering from Epuffer they were still only shipping from their warehouse in the USA. Everytime I ordered from there it went through Customs Canada with no problems. The only places in Canada that you can't buy e-cigarettes with nicotine is either at a gas station or variety store.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Drugs and Health Products
Print | Text Size: S M L XL Help | Share
Notice - To All Persons Interested in Importing, Advertising or Selling Electronic Smoking Products in Canada

Help on accessing alternative formats, such as Portable Document Format (PDF), Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (PPT) files, can be obtained in the alternate format help section.

Portable Document Format(PDF Version - 21 K)
March 27, 2009

Our file number: 09-108446-55

To All Persons Interested in Importing, Advertising or Selling Electronic Smoking Products in Canada

Electronic smoking products (i.e., electronic products for the vaporization and administration of inhaled doses of nicotine including electronic cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos and pipes, as well as cartridges of nicotine solutions and related products) fall within the scope of the Food and Drugs Act. All of these products require market authorization prior to being imported, advertised or sold in Canada. Market authorization is granted by Health Canada following successful review of scientific evidence demonstrating safety, quality and efficacy with respect to the intended purpose of the health product. This evidence is provided by the sponsor seeking market authorization. To date, no electronic smoking product has been authorized for sale by Health Canada.

In the absence of evidence provided by the sponsor establishing otherwise, an electronic smoking product delivering nicotine is regulated as a New Drug under Division 8, Part C of the Food and Drug Regulations. In addition, the delivery system within an electronic smoking kit that contains nicotine must meet the requirements of the Medical Devices Regulations. Appropriate establishment licences issued by Health Canada are also needed prior to importing, and manufacturing electronic cigarettes.

Health Canada is aware that some electronic smoking products have been advertised and sold in Canada without market authorization from Health Canada. Persons who may be importing, advertising or selling electronic smoking products without the appropriate authorizations are asked to stop doing so immediately. Products that are found to pose a risk to health and/or are in violation of the Food and Drugs Act and related Regulations may be subject to compliance and enforcement actions in accordance with the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate's Compliance and Enforcement Policy (POL-0001).

If you wish to submit a complaint about the advertising or sale of a health product without market authorization, please contact the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate.

The following Web links are provided for your information:

"How to Submit a Trade Complaint"
Applications and submissions for drugs and health products
Establishment licensing requirements
Sponsors interested in seeking market authorisation for electronic smoking products may contact Health Canada's Therapeutic Products Directorate for information about the drug submission process at: SIPDMail@hc-sc.gc.ca.

You will notice I removed the hyperlinks to the complaint dept out of courtesy to other Canadian vendors. May I politely suggest you drop this and just consider yourself lucky you're getting nicotine while you can. :D

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
just sayin'......I cannot copy/paste the actual email here because I do not have the gentleman's permission to do so. However...I just received an email from a customer stating that he had been REFUSED ENTRY into Canada, (he IS a Canadian citizen) because he was carrying a 50pack of SmokeStik cartomizers.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
I strongly suspect that the real issue is monetary rather than health related as Canada loses out on tax money when someone chooses to switch to SmokeStik or any other vaping device from cigarettes. However, I do know several vapers that live in Canada, and they all either had to switch to 0 nic formulas or knowingly violate the law and hope that customs does not intercept shipments from vendors willing to violate Canadian law.

Ultimately, I fear the FDA may end up doing something similar. :cry:

thetrooper

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2012
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada
I just received several orders in the mail just this past week for e-cigarettes. I received an order that I placed from Epuffer that had menthol cartridges and a bottle of e-juice. I received another order of e-juice from a store in Guelph Ontario. The flavors of e-juice I ordered from the store in Guelph were Marlboro and Marlboro Lights.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
wow...you just are not paying attention are you? Keep listing the names of your favorite stores and I can almost guarantee that someone will see fit to report them to Health Canada. Did you see that they conveniently provide a website where people can do just that?

No one is arguing that you CAN get nicotine. You CAN buy crack if you want to as well. That doesn't make it legal. SmokeStik plans on being in business for the long haul. That is why we will never do anything even remotely illegal or even unethical. We don't agree with Health Canada but we will continue to comply with their laws until we can get them changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread