Status
Not open for further replies.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Once every couple weeks I have this experience. I wake up in the middle of the night and take a vape. The flavor is exceptional and the vapor feels just perfect. I feel like immediately taking another draw then another then another. Each draw is simply perfect. It may go on for 10 minutes. I have to force myself to put it down and go back to sleep. I'm wondering if anyone else has this experience and if they can explain it. Thanks.

Larry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Amarillo, Texas
Are you sure you're not just dreaming, john333? Actually, my experience has been just the opposite. If I vape with the light off then I don't get any satisfaction at all from a hit. There doesn't even seem to be much flavor. Turn the light on and everything comes alive. Even though I consider myself a flavor chaser rather than a cloud chaser, I suppose the visual cue of the vapor is pretty strong for me.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Are you sure you're not just dreaming, john333? Actually, my experience has been just the opposite. If I vape with the light off then I don't get any satisfaction at all from a hit. There doesn't even seem to be much flavor. Turn the light on and everything comes alive. Even though I consider myself a flavor chaser rather than a cloud chaser, I suppose the visual cue of the vapor is pretty strong for me.
No, I'm not sitting in the dark, I switch a light on. Thanks for your response.

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
I've been vaping for 2 1/2 years and I've had vaping dreams. It takes a while between having something in your life and dreaming about it. It took a few years for me to have dreams about my daughter after she was born, and my new (old?) GF.

But I also take my vape to bed at night, and if/when I get up in the middle to go to the bathroom, I will pick it up and take it with me. No dream that.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I don't know what it is, but I have a hard time enjoying any vape shortly after waking up. It's always too harsh a throat hit for my newly awakened throat/body to handle. This is probably due to dehydration... But yes, I dislike vaping immediately after having just awakened. I also sort-of dislike vaping right before going to bed. It makes my body feel as-though it's buzzing, which keeps me awake.

kfolse107

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Houma, Louisiana, United States
If I vape with the light off then I don't get any satisfaction at all from a hit. There doesn't even seem to be much flavor. Turn the light on and everything comes alive.
Smoking was the same way. One day years ago I had something in my eyes and had to keep them closed. Tried smoking a stinky and got no enjoyment cause I couldn't see the smoke. It had no taste.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I don't know what it is, but I have a hard time enjoying any vape shortly after waking up. It's always too harsh a throat hit for my newly awakened throat/body to handle. This is probably due to dehydration... But yes, I dislike vaping immediately after having just awakened. I also sort-of dislike vaping right before going to bed. It makes my body feel as-though it's buzzing, which keeps me awake.

I have a little of that first bit, it's a bit harsh sometimes when I first wake up; fortunately I was long in the habit of waiting at least half an hour after waking before I smoked, thx to asthma, but with vaping I can handle it 10-15 mins after waking, and I always turn the power down, when I first start vaping in the morning.

Normally if I wake up in the night, it's just to use the bathroom, so I stagger in there in the dark, do my thing, then stagger back to bed and am comatose again almost before I have the covers pulled back up. However if I get rudely awakened by leg cramps, I have to go get some coconut water and juice and drink it as fast as possible while walking off the cramp, swearing profanely but very quietly (so as not to wake my husband who has to get up early). Once I get the juice down, sometimes I may vape a little, if I'm still walking off the cramp.

But I always take 2-3 hits just before I turn out the light -- I always smoked right before bed, so why wouldn't I vape? If vaping makes you tingly, maybe you need to ease down the nicotine. :D

Andria

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I have a bedtime ritual - I take 2 juice loaded/charged battery installed ProVaris with me - stop off in the bathroom and leave one - take the other to bed. If I wake up for whatever reason but don't need to visit the bathroom - I have my vape right next to me. If I need to visit the bathroom in my unconscious state - I have a vape waiting for me there. This way, I don't need to worry about picking up my vape from the bedroom and taking it to the bathroom only to sit it down and forget to pick it back up and carry it to the bedroom again.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I have a little of that first bit, it's a bit harsh sometimes when I first wake up; fortunately I was long in the habit of waiting at least half an hour after waking before I smoked, thx to asthma, but with vaping I can handle it 10-15 mins after waking, and I always turn the power down, when I first start vaping in the morning.

well I've always vaped to feel something. I been on 18mg w/ 1ohm RDA for years now. I don't mind a buzz throughout the day... I tend to vape right before bed, (I'm a chain vaper if it's in my hand) even-though it gives me a buzzing feeling... but it does make me feel like i'm keeping myself up, so then I try to STOP vaping once in bed for 20-30 min so i can actually fall to sleep lol.

I've been getting leg cramps but I think they're due to dehydration, again. Does coconut water help you??? what is it about coconut water that helps with cramps?

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
I have occasionally woke up during the night, typically to use the bathroom (not often!) and thought "what the heck" and took a few hits. I usually regret it because the nicotine keeps me awake for hours. I also "try" not to vape once I get in bed at night or the same thing happens... I usually go to bed around midnight, but if I vape in bed, I can be awake until 3-4 am. Not a good idea. A few times after I started vaping (pretty much nonsmoker) I woke up during the night trying to vape my pillow lol. Some people can get up during the night and vape/smoke, but not I. I have really grown to enjoy the first vape of the day, usually still in bed, because I usually get a nice buzz (even with low nicotine), and it helps me wake up. I've always been super sensitive to caffeine, so I tend to avoid it (if I drink anything with caffeine after about 1pm, I can expect to be awake until 3-5 am) but nicotine doesn't have as drastic an effect.. I can vape right up *until* I go to bed and sleep like a baby, but it helps me stay awake and concentrate during the day.

Reactions: john333

WereBear

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2015
S.E. USA
I never wake up in the middle of the night to vape, but... I usually stay up until 2:00 - 3:00 a.m. and have noticed that after 2:00 a.m. the quality of my vapor is the best of the day. Thicker, wetter more flavorful vapor. It may be that by that time of day I've practiced enough to get the draw just right. Or maybe 2:00 a.m. is just a magic vaping time. ;)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
well I've always vaped to feel something. I been on 18mg w/ 1ohm RDA for years now. I don't mind a buzz throughout the day... I tend to vape right before bed, (I'm a chain vaper if it's in my hand) even-though it gives me a buzzing feeling... but it does make me feel like i'm keeping myself up, so then I try to STOP vaping once in bed for 20-30 min so i can actually fall to sleep lol.

I've been getting leg cramps but I think they're due to dehydration, again. Does coconut water help you??? what is it about coconut water that helps with cramps?

Potassium and quite a few other electrolytes, but very low in sodium -- that seems to be the key; when I a) cut down my caffeine intake by 50%-80%, b) started drinking coconut water daily (I either drink the chocolate kind with a little chocolate milk (calcium, another electrolyte) mixed in, or plain mixed with pineapple juice -- also high in potassium), and c) cut down my sodium intake by switching to the Lite Salt we already buy for my husband instead of plain salt, a lot of those dehydration/electrolyte related problems left, or were substantially reduced.

Just drinking lots of water won't cut it, because if you drink too much water, you're just flushing more electrolytes down the toilet.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread