Nitecore d2 question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Some slots in most all chargers have that problem to some extent. Moving them back and forth to wear down the rough edges on the plastic slide guides in the sleds will finally make them all smooth. That problem crosses brands.

That said, if it's new I'd call and get an RMA and send that one back for a new one. Ask them to open up the next one and check it for slide smoothness before sending it.

ETA: you might want to pull the slide with your finger and insert the battery in the bay, and then move the slide up to contact the battery. While you are at it, run the slide back and forth with your finger a few times to wear off any rough plastic where the metal slide rubs against the plastic sled.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I own that charger, and the slides aren't terrible, but they did ease up over time. I agree with the idea of sending it back if one slide is THAT bad, however, as if you are having trouble with it, you may well damage the battery.

I have found with this charger, the best method is in fact to slide the slide as far as it will go, insert the battery, and then gently "release" (but not completely, just reduce pressure) so that it slowly makes contact with the battery.
Best of luck with a replacement, I would personally go that route, probably. :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread