Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
First must qualify this question with the old saw of "The only stupid question is the one not asked".

3 LED indicators on the I2. What indicates that charging is complete? All 3 LED's lit and not blinking?

I honestly could not find this spelled out anywhere and spelled out is what I need (-:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Can you elaborate? Nitecore isn't known for producing either quality or for longevity. Things happen and when they do they can start taking out batteries when they crap out. Why did you think the 18650 was suspect to begin with? Also, do you have a meter to check the no load voltages of the charge slots on the Nitecore? One was recently found to be killing off batteries quickly - that has a no load voltage reading over 6 volts. That would be a bad thing. And it was.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Battery came off an Evic with the EasyHead in an overdischarged state of 2.36v.
It had been "charging" with the EasyHead for several hours. I noted the teenytiny LED on the EH was dimmed so tried the battery and found it to be weak. That's when I checked it with the DMM.

When I saw that low reading I doubletriplequadruple checked my DMM and yup, 2.36v.

I figured to give the batt a shot at redemption despite it's state. After about 4 hours on the I2 all 3 LEDS were lit, none blinking, and the batt read 2.56v, yeah, an increase!

An additional 4 hours on the I2 and the batt still reads 2.56v. This is where I questioned just what the I2 displayed that signified charging completed.

I'm thinkin' the culprit in this is the Evic. Read a slew of charging related complaints with the Evic..... after I bought the darn thing (-:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
First must qualify this question with the old saw of "The only stupid question is the one not asked".

3 LED indicators on the I2. What indicates that charging is complete? All 3 LED's lit and not blinking?

I honestly could not find this spelled out anywhere and spelled out is what I need (-:

You would think that if they Only put One Thing in the Documentation, that saying when the Batteries are Finished would be it.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Uh...I would like to know why the Evic is at fault on this one...facts please...
Covered in post #6

I lay fault to the Evic in that a functioning battery, after "charging" using the mini port in the Easy Head came off at 2.36ohms.
I honestly can't say what the battery was at when I started the charge cycle so I may possibly might could have maybe vaped it down to the 2.36.

Kinda hard to imagine I wouldn't have noticed a HUGE decline in vapor if that were the case.

Also, I've been under the assumption the thing would cutoff or give warning blinks or some indication that the battery was getting low rather than allow the user to over discharge. Assumptions can be dangerous I know but there ya have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread