billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I'm wondering the same thing...and how the Corral Caramel tastes.

Optimo,

My recently-puchased 30ml bottle of NLV Caramel Corral tobacco is 18mg in a 60/40 PG/VG blend (which I assume to be standard for this juice).

The on-site description says: "NLV's blended tobacco in a blanket of rich caramel," and Gene's not kidding about that.

The viscosity and flavor of Caramel Corral remind me strongly of Vaperite's RY4-variant, VR4. The two differences for me are 1) that the natural extract tobacco in VR4 is significantly stronger (which is consistent with other NLV juices such as Bounty Hunter, where the synthetic tobacco blend is a subtle undertone rather than a focused, up-front flavor), and 2) the caramels aren't exactly identical flavor-wise.

Still, the caramels in both VR4 and Caramel Corral are very rich and almost gooey. Not anything like sugar-sweetened hard caramel candy flavor---much more akin to the old Kraft thick caramel syrup ice cream topping, where the richness is not sugary at all but deeply caramel, and the syrup is so thick that it just barely pours and almost needs to be spooned onto the ice cream.

If I did a blindfolded taste test of both juices, I'm not sure I could tell them apart. They are really very similar to my palate. Anyway, if you've tried Vaperite VR4, you already know pretty much what NLV Caramel Corral tastes like.

Last edited:

ClutchMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
New Orleans
I ordered 10mls of Maverick with some cartos last week. The flavor of Maverick is OK, but the exhaled vapor smells really bad to me. Like dirty socks or something. Definitely not as good as Saddle Up! and not an all day vape, but it's decent enough for a few drags...preferably OUTSIDE, unless you want that smell to linger around in the house! :)

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Optimo,

My recently-puchased 30ml bottle of NLV Caramel Corral Tobacco is 18mg in a 60/40 PG/VG blend (which I assume to be standard for this juice).

The on-site description says: "NLV's blended tobacco in a blanket of rich caramel," and Gene's not kidding about that.

The viscosity and flavor of Caramel Corral remind me strongly of Vaperite's RY4-variant, VR4. The two differences for me are 1) that the natural extract tobacco in VR4 is significantly stronger (which is consistent with other NLV juices such as Bounty Hunter, where the synthetic tobacco blend is a subtle undertone rather than a focused, up-front flavor), and 2) the caramels aren't exactly identical flavor-wise.

Still, the caramels in both VR4 and Caramel Corral are very rich and almost gooey. Not anything like sugar-sweetened hard caramel candy flavor---much more akin to the old Kraft thick caramel syrup ice cream topping, where the richness is not sugary at all but deeply caramel, and the syrup is so thick that it just barely pours and almost needs to be spooned onto the ice cream.

If I did a blindfolded taste test of both juices, I'm not sure I could tell them apart. They are really very similar to my palate. Anyway, if you've tried Vaperite VR4, you already know pretty much what NLV Caramel Corral tastes like.

Nice, thanks for the info.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I ordered 10mls of Maverick with some cartos last week. The flavor of Maverick is OK, but the exhaled vapor smells really bad to me. Like dirty socks or something. Definitely not as good as Saddle Up! and not an all day vape, but it's decent enough for a few drags...preferably OUTSIDE, unless you want that smell to linger around in the house! :)

That dosen't sound too good at all lol.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I'm wondering the same thing...and how the Corral Caramel tastes.

Yeah, I need some confirmation before ordering. If it's like the Savana Tan sampler then I'm NOT going to get anymore. Even when that thing was steeped it tasted like chemicals.

I've seen the Corral Caramel though and gonna get myself a bottle. Can't go wrong with the prices at NLV.

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
Got my orders and I'm very happy with the service. This is my first time ordering from them gots some treats which was very, very nice of them. So will be trying the BH for the first time, also going to give the Marvick a try along with the Carmel Corral/Renegrade RY4. Anyone tried thier RY4 let me know.
Great Customer Service.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Anyone got a review of the V2 of Sundance? I've never tried the first version and was contemplating ordering some with my next BH purchase, but money is tight.

mycars,

To me, original Sundance was a tobacco base to which a spicy fruitiness was added. It was intense and very in-your-face. Sundance LITE (the V2 you mention) has the same flavors, but is smoother and more subtle, not as intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread