Not open for further replies.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
Mmhmm I'm impressed promise.

You made a comment. I responded

Believe me: I'm not out to impress anyone. That would require I gave a damn about your opinion. That said...

You make a snarky comment: "And I can totally understand that cause you need a gun to run errands or go to dinner.... "

I reply, pointing out that I HAVE, in fact, needed a means of defense doing those things. And you respond with more snark.

Mature

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
If I owned a bar or some family restuarant, I wouldnt allow vaping either. Not everyone is as nice and considerate as the average ECF member and will stealth vape. It just opens the flood gates to everyone. I imagine your eating establishment will start looking kind of like your local BM, hazy clouds hanging in the air, the smell of 100 different flavours wafting about. Not somewhere the average customer probably wants to be in a place where eating is the focal point.

Exactly.

And even though I vape, I wouldn't eat at a restaurant that allowed it. I'd go to a bar that allowed vaping (and smoking), but not a restaurant (or probably any other indoor establishment).

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
And I can totally understand that cause you need a gun to run errands or go to dinner....

in this day and age in some parts of the country especially in citys with high crime rates and slow police response times, then yes some people do feel the need to carry guns when they run errands,my wife carry's one secured in her pocketbook and often times i have one concealed on my person,having a restaurant say i cant carry in there establishment is perfectly fine with me they own the place, but i will not go to there restaurant if i am carrying because that would mean i would have to try to secure my gun in my car and risk someone breaking into it and getting there hands on it and doing god knows what with it.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
And I can totally understand that cause you need a gun to run errands or go to dinner....

I don't NEED a gun, but I have the license and right to carry one, and I'm going to exercise my right to do so. Odds are it will never leave it's holster outside of my house unless I'm at the gun range, but it's my right to carry it if I want, and I want to. I hope I never do run into a situation where I need it, but if I do I will have it.

If that bothers you then stay at home.

And for the record, Keeping and bearing arms is a Constitutionally protected right. Vaping is not.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I have no problem not vaping in businesses. I don't know why it seems like a lot of people can't go a couple of hours without vaping. There's no need to do it in the restaurant or the grocery store.

As a general rule of thumb I don't vape anywhere I cannot smoke, with the exception of my office at work. At work I'm in an isolated office away from everyone else (I'm the systems admin) so there I can vape all I want without having to worry about offending others. Other than that though, I try never to offend other people with my vaping. It's just rude.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
It's not so much a case of "I MUST be able to vape here!". It's more the principal of the thing: if you don't want me vaping there, chances are I don't really want to support you financially

From a regulatory standpoint (and I've said this SO many times): the other side has NOTHING to offer us but empty promises, in exchange for whatever restrictions they wish to impose

bamani71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Colorado
As a general rule of thumb I don't vape anywhere I cannot smoke, with the exception of my office at work. At work I'm in an isolated office away from everyone else (I'm the systems admin) so there I can vape all I want without having to worry about offending others. Other than that though, I try never to offend other people with my vaping. It's just rude.

That's what I think as well. I'm so used to the ban that I didn't change my habits once I started vaping. Except for home though - I'm sure at some point we'll have to scrub the residue off the walls from all the vaping that goes on in here!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I have no problem not vaping in businesses. I don't know why it seems like a lot of people can't go a couple of hours without vaping. There's no need to do it in the restaurant or the grocery store.

At a restaurant, I agree. In amongst the food aisles in groceries, I agree. But standing in line at the grocery store is when it is MOST needed! However I don't do it there, because as mentioned, I don't want to get into a battle of wits with the unarmed. Usually I just leave my husband standing there waiting on the geriatric turtles taking their sweet time, and go on out to the truck. It's either that or scream HURRY UP YOU COMPLETE IDIOT IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! On the other hand, maybe if more people did that, they'd permit vaping while standing in line. :D

Andria

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Have any of you ever considered just politely respecting the wishes of the restaurant and not vaping while you're there? Not everything has to be a power struggle. I don't vape inside places all the time. It's not that hard. I just put the vape in my pocket, and don't take it back out again. Easy peasy. Often, I don't do it even without being asked to stop. Look at me, not vaping right now as I use both hands to type this message! In my own home, even! The other day I went to the grocery store, and I didn't vape in there, too. They didn't even ask me not to, I just didn't do it! Hell, one time, I was even outside and didn't vape for a couple minutes! Imagine that! Weird, right?

But how can one defend their right to vape unless they are puffing away at an e-cig non stop, everywhere? It is a civil rights issue on par with suffrage, equal rights and freedom from communism...

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
But how can one defend their right to vape unless they are puffing away at an e-cig non stop, everywhere? It is a civil rights issue on par with suffrage, equal rights and freedom from communism...

It's a courtesy issue.

Ask yourself this...

Would you mind if the person sitting in the booth directly behind you ripped a giant fart while you were trying to eat? Surely they have the right to, but should they? Imagine a fart cloud as large as your vapor cloud, spreading over your table while you're trying to have a pleasant dinner with your significant other. Would you want that? Would you enjoy that?

If not, then why are you essentially doing the same thing to them?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
It's a courtesy issue.

Ask yourself this...

Would you mind if the person sitting in the booth directly behind you ripped a giant fart while you were trying to eat? Surely they have the right to, but should they? Imagine a fart cloud as large as your vapor cloud, spreading over your table while you're trying to have a pleasant dinner with your significant other. Would you want that? Would you enjoy that?

I can't go 5 minutes without a vape. It is a disability. I should even get a special handicap booth. It is my natural and inalienable right to not exhale a single breath without blowing a cloud...

aki917

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
California
I can understand "no smoking " or "no vaping " but no e-cigarette to me is no mods aloud. Maybe there afraid of them exploding not knowing what makes em explode. Personally I work on people's houses and when I talk to people about vaping there afraid of em exploding and we all know media does a bad job of explaining why part. Well that's my thoughts anyays.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
I too respect the owners of that establishment making that decision. Then it's my choice whether or not I spend my money there. However, that same establishment could NOT put up a sign that says "Caution, smoking is allowed in this establishment. If you don't like tobacco smoke, then enter at your own risk, or choose another establishment." Why not? Because the government has denied the business owner that privilege by passing sweeping, across the board anti-smoking laws. That's what we should fight and be concerned about. I will always respect the owner's right to allow or not allow, but most of the time, the government supersedes the owners rights.
MICHIGAN It's a "Workplace Health" issue

Mailablemage

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Medford Or
it's a courtesy issue.

Ask yourself this...

no average! Its a trap!

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Saw this today near Cocoa Beach, FL and thought it was very interesting
d2b6a4eba8dafbd7fe5dd1573aeda8ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I miss cocoa beach! I grew up there, it was a great place to be a teenager.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'd let them know we were going to dine there..but that policy lost them our business.

I tried that with dogs (restaurants and work place) but I would have ended up 1) hungry and 2)unemployed.

Most businesses are just not desperate enough to pacify a small 1-2% of the population. I'm just being realistic.

They knew they would lose a certain amount of customers WHEN THEY PUT THE SIGN UP.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    No_E-cig_Use.jpg
    If I owned that restaurant, I would've sent an email like this to the sign maker saying, "The fish thing is cute, but I want the sign to read like this.", before I would ever put up something like that that is bound to get some kind of negative feedback..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread