No Flavor From My Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

justboringsarah

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
IN
Exactly,and I think it's Bravo
So far I have yet to find a mod I don't like,but i'm still new enough to not have a ton
Sabre Touch 5V-Great for Waffle
Sabre Touch 3.7-Great with Clearomizers
Puck901-901 connection and uses AAA batteries(plus my first mod)
Puck510-still uses AAA batteries,great with clearomizer too
Reo Grand-umm,hello it's a Reo!!!

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I have my Grand working,and I'm vaping DIY waffle,though my trusty waffle atty and 5 volts. Everything is the same except the mod I'm using,but the flavor is really washed out.
Is there a fix to this?

How exactly are you doing 5 volts. Unless you have the special 5v batt from electonicstix your not getting 5

Your either getting 6 plus or 8 plus on full charge depending on what you have stacked in there.
The Grand is not regulated or resisted in any way. That might be the difference if your comparing it to a 5v mod.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Speaking of Connection....
Is it possible to use the Reo as a juice feeder with an adapter,like a 510 to 901 adapter?

I use an IKV 801 atty on my Grand with a stealth adapter from avid vaper. It self feeds via capillary action, especially thinner juices, but I'm working on a fix.

Rob's youtube videos address the 901's on the original wood REO, but the info should pertain to the Grand too. Just search for user "redeyedancer" on youtube and you'll find his channel. There's not a lot of videos to sort through, so I'm sure you can find the relevant video without too much difficulty.

justboringsarah

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
IN
Yep,I bought the 5V batteries from Electronic Stix
How exactly are you doing 5 volts. Unless you have the special 5v batt from electonicstix your not getting 5

Your either getting 6 plus or 8 plus on full charge depending on what you have stacked in there.
The Grand is not regulated or resisted in any way. That might be the difference if your comparing it to a 5v mod.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
I have my Grand working,and I'm vaping DIY waffle,though my trusty waffle atty and 5 volts. Everything is the same except the mod I'm using,but the flavor is really washed out.
Is there a fix to this?

I know this has been addressed already, but just wanted to toss an observation out there....which doesn't count because I don't do 5v or 6v vaping...just 3.7v. So, I don't know if this is relevant, but I noticed the hotter the burn on the atomizer, the less flavor I seem to get from my sweeter juices. Now this for me has been an atomizer issue. Is it possible if you use a different resistance on your atty that you might get better flavor? For instance...the flavor profile of my massive choc mint completely changed when i went from a 1.5ohm LR306 to a 2.0 LR306. It seemed like the flavors were cooking out on the 1.5...it was too hot. Just a thought. I hope it helps and if not....:laugh:...oh well.

*edit* forgot to mention, that it does seem that the power "seems" to be more direct in these mods...and that might be why you are finding a difference. Which is why I suggested tweaking the type of atomizer you are using. Experiment...that's how I found the attys I like for different types of juices.

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I know this has been addressed already, but just wanted to toss an observation out there....which doesn't count because I don't do 5v or 6v vaping...just 3.7v. So, I don't know if this is relevant, but I noticed the hotter the burn on the atomizer, the less flavor I seem to get from my sweeter juices. Now this for me has been an atomizer issue. Is it possible if you use a different resistance on your atty that you might get better flavor? For instance...the flavor profile of my massive choc mint completely changed when i went from a 1.5ohm LR306 to a 2.0 LR306. It seemed like the flavors were cooking out on the 1.5...it was too hot. Just a thought. I hope it helps and if not....:laugh:...oh well.

*edit* forgot to mention, that it does seem that the power "seems" to be more direct in these mods...and that might be why you are finding a difference. Which is why I suggested tweaking the type of atomizer you are using. Experiment...that's how I found the attys I like for different types of juices.

Very nice Rhaps I concur

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Speaking of Connection....
Is it possible to use the Reo as a juice feeder with an adapter,like a 510 to 901 adapter?
Yes you can use adapters put the adapter on the atomizer first make sure the bottom of the adapter matches a 510 atomizer.You dont want the positive ring proturuding on the adapter or you could short the mod

Your adapter should look like this when the atomizer is attached
adapterrightway.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a picture pf what not to do
adapterwrongway.jpg

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
As someone who owns only the Grand and uses the 801 atty almost exclusively, I can't recommend the tall barrel adapters.

I had much better results with the stealth adapter from avid vaper.

I recently tried the low profile needle adapter from R&R, and it worked great initially, but it tends to get clogged up.

Just my :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread