Status
Not open for further replies.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
What are the things that increase & decrease flavor?

I'm currently using a SS RDA clone on my Grand & a BR/AL RDA clone (aka smoktek RDA) on my Mini. Both RBAs are pretty much setup the same, currently using the same single coils & wicks setup, 1.5Ω Kanthal 30 AWG, air holes on them are pretty much the same size & in the same orientation to the coils,

I have my current favorite juices in them, two different flavors, same juice brand. My Grand seems to have much better flavor than the Mini. If I swap the flavors, again my Grand has better flavor & with a slightly warmer vape. The Mini has a shorter drip tip than the Grand, I figured the shorter drip tip wouldgive a warmer vape but that's not the case.

Only other thing I can think of is because of the 18650 vs the 18490, maybe less voltage drop with the 18650 but I haven't checked voltage drop on the 18490 yet. Don't get me wrong, the Mini still vapes great, both produce pretty much the same amount of vapor, just wondering why the Grand has so much better flavor.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
You would think the mini would have better flavor because it does drop under load more . General rule for me is less heat better flavor . So many things can effect flavor . If the air inlets vary the slightest this can effect the vape . The true test would be to use identical atomizers . I try and not over analyze it myself it can drive you bonkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread