No flavor? Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
New Hampshire, USA
So I have tried many many times now and none of my DIY tastes even remotely like my intended flavor.

My latest try - 3 mL of double chocolate at 1.2%

• base is 24 mg of unflavored nic (40/60 PG/VG) - 1.5 mL
  • flavor is TFA double chocolate dark flavor - 1.5 mL

It tastes awful, no chocolate flavor at all. This result is similar to all of my other DIY endeavors. I'm fairly certain that I'm missing something obvious. I've tried using this calculator and also the e-juice calculator. Can someone cuff me in the back of the head and point out my mistake please?

Keith

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
It looks like you used 50% flavoring? I just dabble at mixing but I think 10% is the rule of thumb, as low as 2.5% for the super concentrated stuff. I do know that to much flavoring kills a mix just as fast as not enough. For 3ml of juice, I'd start out with a few drops of flavoring.

I wanted to add a strawberry "kick" to some good green apple juice I got from ECBlends. I put about 12ml of the green apple juice in a bottle and added 4-5 drops of VZ concentrated strawberry flavoring - came out pretty tasty...

Last edited:

KTark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
New Hampshire, USA
KTark, there is a line under my avatar that says "Blog Entries: 3". Click that 3 and read my flavoring level blog.

I think it could help you...

Reading all three of your blogs was like feeling the sun hit the back of my neck after a long cloudy morning. I needed virtually all of that information, and have now bookmarked it. Thank you for your help sir.

KTark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
New Hampshire, USA
2. I'm a new DIYer also. Perhaps you need to add a bit of sweetner to you chocolate? Maybe the flavoring is just the chocolate without any sweetner included?

I bought some sweetener...just not sure how to tell if my flavorings have it or don't. I made three mL a couple of hours ago, I guess I'll let it steep and then if it isn't quite right, I'll try a few drops of sweetener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread