ISO.....my flavor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapiing pet

Oct 27, 2014
Pennsylvania
Yep, new to DIY and really trying to get this right and I'm struggling. What better place to go for questions than right here :)

I don't understand the balancing of flavors. Please let me explain... last week I made the following:
(10 ml recipe)
50/50 base
Cake Batter (cap) 1.1 ml
Orange Cream (TFA) 0.5 ml
Vanilla Custard (cap) 0.1 ml
Sweetener 0.2 ml

At first test the cake batter was totally overwhelming. You couldn't taste anything else. A week later there is no taste outside of a hint of orange. I made a similar recipe with chocolate, marshmallow and cake batter with the same result. Cake batter dominated the flavor and now a week later nothing but a hint of chocolate.

I have no idea what happened to the flavors. I find most recipes I make seem to lack flavor all around. Some flavored at 2 or 3% others at 20% yet.... that same lack of flavor over and over. Am I doing something wrong or are my taste buds shot lol

Thanks

pauly walnuts

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
pa
I have used cap cake batter and its not one of my favorites. I gave it a chance and now its completely out of my rotation. It adds none of the creamyness that its name implies. Im not familiar with tfa orange cream, and have not heard alot about it.

Imho You need to swap your cake batter and vanilla custard percentages.
See if this works better for you.
In 10ml use
1.2ml cap vanilla custard
.1ml cake batter
.1ml sweetener
.5ml orange cream

Also you seem like a custard fan. I would highly recommend buying some tfa bavarian cream, tfa sweet cream, cap sweet strawberry, and cap butter. Heres a couple of my recipes that are vapeable after a week or so (faster if you crock pot steep or put in front of a furnace vent or something) , notice the percentages, cap custard is always the high number.

Custard Cream recipe
cap van custard 10%
tfa vanilla cupcake 2%
tfa bavarian cream 2%
tfa sweet cream 2%
cap ny cheesecake 2%
cap marshmallow 1%
cap butter 2%

And another...

Strawberry cream recipe
cap van custard 8%
cap sweet strawberry 7%
tfa sweet cream 3%
tfa bavarian cream 2%
cap butter 1%
cap ny cheesecake 2%

Vapiing pet

Oct 27, 2014
Pennsylvania
Bavarian cream is in the mail as we speak :)

I notice meringue in a lot of recipes too so it's on its way as well. I have more cream and custard flavors then I know what to do with.

Yes I favor my rich, decadent vapes but they sure are hard to pull off. Thanks for the recipes. I'll definitely try them, I think cheesecake is the only flavor I am missing tho its in my cart for my next order hehe

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I really want to get my juice to be um....tasty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread