The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

No More Carto-Tank Forum

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by DancingHeretik, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Well, I guess there's really not a need. What can go wrong with a carto-tank, after all?

But, it was just weird to go looking and find it gone.

I went there to start a thread to compare how many carto-tanks everybody has.

Am I the only one left?

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 2
  2. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Do they still even make those? I haven't seen any advertised for quite some time. Then again I really haven't been looking for them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DingerCPA

DingerCPA Vaping Mistress Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    I tried 'em, but I didn't care much for them. I'm not very MTL, so the draw was not pleasing for me. I still have some cartos, but they're relegated to back-up/emergency/uber-stealthy use....

• Like Like x 3
  4. Fredman1

Fredman1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I had to go Google it...guess I'm a new ager then...:p

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. DancingHeretik

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    No, they don't. Sometimes I forget because I'm no longer in the market. I've got easily a lifetime supply.

As a matter of fact, that's why I got thinking about it. I realized how many I have! I can't seem to resist buying them in the classies when people are getting rid of theirs.

• Like Like x 6
  6. DancingHeretik

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I understand. They're basically on par with the Kayfun Lite. Which happens to be perfect for ME.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DancingHeretik

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Yup!

• Like Like x 2
  8. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well, I don't have any. But if I ever get one somehow, I'll send it to @DancingHeretik

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    I still have boxes of cartos, and a small storage box with a bunch of tanks and cartos.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  10. DancingHeretik

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    It looks like you have a mix. I think I see a pink tank for a KFL and an empty blister pack of some sort.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DancingHeretik

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Evolution_Bella_mix.jpg

Why would anyone want to move on from this (Bella Tanks)?:

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 6
  12. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    I've stashed about 50 boxes of Boge and Smok cartos, and approx. 15 carto tanks. Only 1 tank is a Phiniac. The rest were all $2.50-12 on sale or clearance. I figure they're insurance in case of emergency, when I can't build coils, and/or run out of my factory coils, but I still want to still vape.

People do still regularly use them, and some even still use them exclusively! I've helped source cartos for several people on ECF who've had problems finding them at reasonable prices. Many vendors who still have any want an arm and a leg for them because they're fairly scarce. Sent some free Evod Glass tanks & coils to several people, to maybe gently nudge them to at least a very basic clearomizer that's inexpensive, still available, easy to use, and takes cheap readily available coils. All have said they really like them and use them, but still love and prefer to use cartos and tanks!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. smacuser

smacuser Boba TK Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I'm getting ready to dust off my IBTank. I'll be going old school when my Boba's Bounty arrives on Monday :lol:.

@5cardstud

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I sold off all my cartos, IBT's, and a real good carto punch awhile back, and have been regretting that decision since. :(

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. oplholik

Supporting member
    I found some un punched ST 2.0Ω a few months ago, and got a couple boxes, now I can't remember where I found them. I'd like to use them in my BB, but since I have just a few, I keep them for an emergency.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    You must be kidding, what can go wrong with a carto tank?

If you buy a cheapo you might dislodge the bottom or top cap when pushing in a new carto, and, after 1000 or so carto replacements you might need to replace the o rings, oh the horror.

Phiniac :thumb:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. oplholik

Supporting member
    AHH Ha! I found where I last ordered them from, and ordered 4 more boxes. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. Belhade

Belhade Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If i dig deep into my junk box i may still have a few boxes of Boges left. I never tanked them, just went straight up on an eGo. Won't be going back though, I might as well PIF them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Still have some stashed the shorties and the long ones. That tank your showing in pic looks like the same as the Acorn tank had several and worked at the time excellent.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Nice collection. :thumb:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The first tank is a Bella tank with a Phiniac glass tube. I don't recall where I got the tree frog tank but it was custom made by a glass blower. The tank in the 4th pic was a Triple V from Valley View Vapes. Last pic are two IBTanked.

I still have all of the above tanks and some cartos in a shoebox somewhere; I haven't used a cartotank in over 4 years. I sometimes consider setting one of them up just to hear that iconic crackling sound of a great cartotank setup.

I spent a LOT of time on the old cartotank forum. I imagine you remember me. Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2